FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (/fitness/forums/)
-   Success Stories (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/)
-   -   70lbs lost, almost there... (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/2378-70lbs-lost-almost-there.html)

path75 11-14-2010 01:44 PM

70lbs lost, almost there...
 
I am so happy today when I look at the scale and finally am at a weight of 159. My goal weight is 150 so I am almost there. I just recently started wearing clothes that actually fit and are not falling off of me. I started out Jan 16th at 231 and I am 5ft3in. It took me about a 5 weeks to start losing weight and started to get frustrated but kept on hoping. I mainly look at keeping my calories at about 1200-1500 and try to keep my fat at 25%. I work out everyday with a 1.75 mile walk in morning followed by a 40min cardio video 4 times a wk, 30min toning video 3times wk and in the afternoon 2 mile walk (I use the biggest loser videos). I have an office sit down job so I get no exercise at work. I was losing consistently 2lbs a week until recently. I hit a plateau but seem to be back losing. To everyone out there who is struggling keep up with the hard work. You will eventually reach your goal and don't get discouraged if it takes you longer than others. People look at me now and say I can't believe how much weight you have lost, you don't need to lose more. Well another 10lbs and then a new struggle will begin.

blinkblink 11-14-2010 02:22 PM

Wow, path, you're amazing! Congratulations!

nottango 11-14-2010 03:38 PM

Good Job! Thanks for posting!
Hopefully, you're buying some new clothes to celebrate your success.

almeeker 11-14-2010 06:26 PM

Awesome, congratulations!!! So where are the before and after pics?

justawalker 11-14-2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 25440)
Awesome, congratulations!!! So where are the before and after pics?

Yeah!!!!! love to see them. Congrats on the first goal. It feels good yea?:)

path75 11-15-2010 12:19 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by justawalker (Post 25442)
Yeah!!!!! love to see them. Congrats on the first goal. It feels good yea?:)

I have some photos but never thought to take progressive pics. I will try and post a couple one before and one now. I wish I had taken progress photos.

At the first photo, I am the one on the far right of the picture two years ago.

At the second photo, it was taken at Halloween this year.

Hopefully I did this right and you can get the attachments.

cjohnson728 11-15-2010 12:22 AM

You've done a fantastic job!! Congrats on all your hard work; it really paid off :D

almeeker 11-15-2010 01:19 AM

Very nice and thanks so much for posting the pics, that takes both nerve and computer savvy, both of which are impressive. Like you, I didn't take any "before" shots and don't have any progress photos to speak of either. My DD was saying that I need a "now" picture and volunteered to take one, but I haven't had her do it yet. One of these days I'm going to get my hair brushed and a clean shirt on and just do it.

gallusgal 11-15-2010 11:57 AM

well done path, fantastic work! :D

gmantych 11-15-2010 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by path75 (Post 25426)
I am so happy today when I look at the scale and finally am at a weight of 159. My goal weight is 150 so I am almost there. I just recently started wearing clothes that actually fit and are not falling off of me. I started out Jan 16th at 231 and I am 5ft3in. It took me about a 5 weeks to start losing weight and started to get frustrated but kept on hoping. I mainly look at keeping my calories at about 1200-1500 and try to keep my fat at 25%. I work out everyday with a 1.75 mile walk in morning followed by a 40min cardio video 4 times a wk, 30min toning video 3times wk and in the afternoon 2 mile walk (I use the biggest loser videos). I have an office sit down job so I get no exercise at work. I was losing consistently 2lbs a week until recently. I hit a plateau but seem to be back losing. To everyone out there who is struggling keep up with the hard work. You will eventually reach your goal and don't get discouraged if it takes you longer than others. People look at me now and say I can't believe how much weight you have lost, you don't need to lose more. Well another 10lbs and then a new struggle will begin.

Congrats on you accomplishment!! Do you mind sharing which biggest loser videos you use? I currently use Leslie Sansone 4 mile workout alternated with 30 Day Shred. On the days I do the 30 day shred, I also walk 30 minutes on the treadmill since the workout is only 20 minutes. I am getting a little bored with the same thing every week so I would like to purchase some new ones.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2