Notices

70lbs lost, almost there...

Old 11-30-2010, 05:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by path75
Good luck, just go at your own pace. I could not get my feet off the ground to jump when I first started. I just did what I could and said each day will be different. Yeah the week 1-2 is the level 1, week 3-4 level 2, and so on. I did not level up that quick. I did change levels every couple of months but see how you do first. Don't move up if you don't feel you are ready. They really can be challenging but are not boring at all. I am glad I could help.
Do you log your activity on FitDay? If so how do you log Cardio Max and Power Sculpt?
Old 11-30-2010, 11:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by gmantych
Do you log your activity on FitDay? If so how do you log Cardio Max and Power Sculpt?
I do log them. I had to research online and find the closest category. I do the Cardio Max under calisthenics and the Power Scupt under weight lifting vigorous effort.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:00 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

Originally Posted by dol/rent
That is fantastic PATH75!! I just joined FitDay and need some inspiration.
I am 5' 1/2 " and at 56 years old have to get this weight off. I weigh 159.2 (160 lbs) and am at 40% fat. That's a lot of fat!! I am taking a small goal of 10% of my weight ... that is 16 lbs. But most of all I want to get toned and drop my body fat.
I am doing a Low Carb but keeping my calories at about 1400 and carbs near to 20-30 grams. (my sugar runs high and am pre-diabetic). I do exercise. I am using the Body For Life program. So Mondays Upper Body Work Out Tuesdays: Cardio Wednesday: Lower Body Work Out Thursday: Cardio etc. Some days I have great energy and some days I am draggin.
Any suggestions would be helpful.
The only advice I can give is to keep working at it. It took me six weeks to start losing weight. I look at my weight loss as a work in progress and a life style change. You will eventually find something that you can do the rest of your life. One thing that was different was that I did more cardio in the beginning to get my metabolism moving so you may want to do more cardio then work in the toning after a few weeks. I started out walking, it is an easy exercise and most people can do it. I walked twice a day started with a half mile, to a mile and I worked up to two miles twice a day. Good luck and you can do anything you set your mind to do!
Old 12-18-2010, 01:53 PM
FitDay Member

I'm proud of u. I am 5'3 & 180 lbs. I'm sick & tired of being sick & tired. I want to be healthy & get my energy back. Yes I would like to look better too. I am having a hard time getting motivated. I used to be a gym person until I was having serious joint issues they couldn't figure out so I left the gym. I don't lose weight mainly from working out but from eating property & exercise. I have equippment at home, but I'm not good at home. I can't afford the gym anymore so I'll have to make it work. I did my goal weight and it says that I must eat 1,738 cal max. to lose 1.35 lbs/wk to get to my goal weight loss of 50 lbs by Sept. That's 5 lbs a month which should be attainable. Can you give me any meal ideas that worked for you. I don't eat pork FYI. Thanks and keep up the great work!