Packing up the fat clothes for donation >

Packing up the fat clothes for donation

Community
Notices

Packing up the fat clothes for donation

Old 11-14-2010, 04:47 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Packing up the fat clothes for donation

I've had several pairs of pants in my closet, that I moved to the back when they started getting too big. Today I made the decision to get rid of them once and for all. As many of you know, I lost my job recently, so if I gain back the 25 pounds I lost, I will literally not be able to dress myself!

Anybody else ready to help out the countless charities who are in need?
Old 11-14-2010, 05:04 AM
Super Moderator

I friend of mine broke his neck sliding down one of those inflatable slide a while back. I gave him like 2 big trash bags full of clothes (jeans, shirts, slacks, button ups, you name it) a couple months ago. It felt really good to not only get rid of them but to give them to someone so deserving.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:20 AM
FitDay Member

It must being going around because just this past week I cleaned out my closet and gave 2 good sized bags to a friend of mine. She's gone back to school and has a daughter about the same size, what she can't use she donates to a charity house that her church operates. I took another 2 bags of stuff to another friend that just had a baby, her husband has been job hunting for a year, so every little bit helps. Then I had another 2 bags that will be going to Goodwill. Then I took a huge pile of the really dressy stuff to a consignment shop (I'm petite and so my evening gowns have all been hemmed shorter than my friends). The consignment shop is fantastic, because you can either choose to get a check or get store credit, so maybe sometime this winter I'll be able to get some new things in my new size.

Sorry to hear about your friend Mike, that's horrible.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator

Wow 01gt4.6! I hope your friend is ok.

I recently bought all new clothes even though I didn't want to. I was out of town visiting family and friends, who told me I looked ridiculous, and literally dragged kicking and screaming to the stores, thrown in a dressing room and forced to try on everything they picked out.

I thought I would be set for months, but I lost the rest over the past 6 weeks and actually hit my "jean size" goal. (of course I can't be happy with that and now want to be one size smaller! lol) I thought what a waste of money! I didn't even get to wear all of it yet!

But a fire last week left a woman, her 3 teenage daughters and a son with nothing. They lost everything and apparently were pretty poor to start with. I got a call from a friend who is trying collect stuff for them. She said she just went through the donations that came in and said she didn't know what to do since nothing would work for the girls.

I through almost all of it into lawn bags and dropped them off. My friend said I was crazy. I think maybe it was just meant to be...
Old 11-14-2010, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC
Wow 01gt4.6! I hope your friend is ok.

I recently bought all new clothes even though I didn't want to. I was out of town visiting family and friends, who told me I looked ridiculous, and literally dragged kicking and screaming to the stores, thrown in a dressing room and forced to try on everything they picked out.

I thought I would be set for months, but I lost the rest over the past 6 weeks and actually hit my "jean size" goal. (of course I can't be happy with that and now want to be one size smaller! lol) I thought what a waste of money! I didn't even get to wear all of it yet!

But a fire last week left a woman, her 3 teenage daughters and a son with nothing. They lost everything and apparently were pretty poor to start with. I got a call from a friend who is trying collect stuff for them. She said she just went through the donations that came in and said she didn't know what to do since nothing would work for the girls.

I through almost all of it into lawn bags and dropped them off. My friend said I was crazy. I think maybe it was just meant to be...
wow, that is awesome. Unfortunately he'll never be okay, but he's alive and can walk.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:59 PM
FitDay Member

So sorry about your friend Mike, a similar thing happened to hubb'ys best pal a couple of years ago, very tough to deal with, but he's alive.

I got rid of my fat clothes each time I went down a size, no going back!