Notices

Goal met today very happy

Old 11-12-2010, 01:55 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
did you have friends that weren't supporting you like they should have been?
Pretty much. One of my good friends even said why? You've tried before. What's the point? You are just destined to be fat. Have only seem that friend a couple times since I started. Not that good of a friend

Last edited by justawalker; 11-13-2010 at 04:09 AM.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:01 AM
FitDay Member

cool, I'm glad I could help.

I just realized that it only took you 3 months, wow! Amazing job... especially at 50!

Do you want me to do your pics in a side by side?
Mike I have a question. Are you doing a split routine for you weights if so care to share what days and what muscles you work and how often? Also any supplements?

I have been boing full body workouts 3 days a week. Planning on doing this until Dec and then going on some sort of split routine for a few months lifting heavier and then see where that takes me.
Just curious how you got to the point where you are now.
Thanks in advance

BTW any other guys that might have an opinion about this that are seeing reults by all means chime in...

Last edited by justawalker; 11-13-2010 at 04:08 AM.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

Way to go! Thanks for posting pic's - you look great! Must feel like a whole new person!
Old 11-13-2010, 04:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by justawalker
Mike I have a question. Are you doing a split routine for you weights if so care to share what days and what muscles you work and how often? Also any supplements?

I have been boing full body workouts 3 days a week. Planning on doing this until Dec and then going on some sort of split routine for a few months lifting heavier and then see where that takes me.
Just curious how you got to the point where you are now.
Thanks in advance

BTW any other guys that might have an opinion about this that are seeing reults by all means chime in...
most of my weight loss was when I was doing P90X, but then I noticed that I lost some of my chest, etc. So then I joined a gym and started doing body part splits (chest/tri's,back/bi's,legs/shoulders) 3 days a week. I like it, but I'm doing fullbody 3 days a weeks (Huge In A Hurry Amazon.com: Men's Health Huge in a Hurry: Get Bigger, Stronger, and Leaner in Record Time with the New Science of Strength Training (Men's Health (Rodale)) (9781605299341): Chad Waterbury: Books: Reviews, Prices & more) and really love it. I'm starting to see some decent gains.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:37 AM
FitDay Member

Pretty much. One of my good friends even said why? You've tried before. What's the point? You are just destined to be fat. Have only seem that friend a couple times since I started. Not that good of a friend
Interesting that you would have this issue as a man. I've had it to some degree as a woman, but that's to be expected, women are after all very competitive in the "image" category. The most interesting thing for me is that the ultra-fit women, who never spoke to me before, all of a sudden are opening up and asking me all sorts of questions about my workouts and running shoes etc etc. Meanwhile most of my old friends are still my friends, although I know a few of them feel compelled to discuss nothing but diet and exercise around me. Eventually it will even out I'm sure.

BTW you look fantastic, and great job on getting in shape.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:54 AM
Super Moderator

Almeeker, I think some of my friends were actually glad I gained weight and when I started taking it off a few acted like I was committing a crime!

One even told me "well you're probably living off of that morning star vegetarian food so it's easy for you!" Um, yeah, ok.... She flat out refused to hear me when I told her morning star, although vegetarian, is highly processed just like most other frozen foods so I don't actually live off of it.

I live a healthy, active lifestyle for me so I don't feel the need to argue or justify what I do to people like that, I usually just turn it around on them and ask why my success bothers them so much!
Old 11-13-2010, 06:43 AM
FitDay Member

most of my weight loss was when I was doing P90X, but then I noticed that I lost some of my chest, etc. So then I joined a gym and started doing body part splits (chest/tri's,back/bi's,legs/shoulders) 3 days a week. I like it, but I'm doing fullbody 3 days a weeks (Huge In A Hurry Amazon.com: Men's Health Huge in a Hurry: Get Bigger, Stronger, and Leaner in Record Time with the New Science of Strength Training (Men's Health (Rodale)) (9781605299341): Chad Waterbury: Books: Reviews, Prices & more) and really love it. I'm starting to see some decent gains.
Very cool I will have to buy the book.
BTW this is where I am getting my workout right now
Bodybuilding.com - The Full-Body Workout For Extreme Fitness! - MuscleTech
Old 11-13-2010, 06:59 AM
Super Moderator

Very cool I will have to buy the book.
BTW this is where I am getting my workout right now
Bodybuilding.com - The Full-Body Workout For Extreme Fitness! - MuscleTech
that looks pretty cool but instead of doing 8 exercises, I'm doing 4, mainly compound moves like squats, deadlifts, etc.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:24 AM
FitDay Member

that looks pretty cool but instead of doing 8 exercises, I'm doing 4, mainly compound moves like squats, deadlifts, etc.
How long do your workouts last? do you go in a circuit or finish one on to the next?Any Supplements? How much rest between sets? Lotta questions sorry.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator

How long do your workouts last? do you go in a circuit or finish one on to the next?Any Supplements? How much rest between sets? Lotta questions sorry.
I finish one and move on to the next. The rest depends on if it's a light, medium or heavy day. On average about a minute though. In the beginning phase, the workouts lasted 45mins tops. I'm talking in and out the gym in 45 mins. Now they last about an hr, some more, but I also do this with a friend.
As far as supplements, I probably take more than 99% of the population lol...
I take whey protein (post workout and sometimes during the day), if I need more protein I take casein at night (haven't taken that in a while b/c I get most of my protein from food). I take a daily mens vitamin, fish oil, Green Tea Pills, Glucosamine + MSM, L-Arginine (I love this one, if you've never tried Arginine, look into it), sometimes Glutamine and I just started taking Z Force (ZMA).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.