Go Back   FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Success Stories
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-13-2010, 02:55 AM   #21 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
did you have friends that weren't supporting you like they should have been?
Pretty much. One of my good friends even said why? You've tried before. What's the point? You are just destined to be fat. Have only seem that friend a couple times since I started. Not that good of a friend
__________________
Male
50 years old 5'11"
started: July 11th 2010
Highest Weight 238LBS aug 19th 2009
Starting fitday weight: 230 lbs (38" waist)
weight: 214.6lbs Aug 27th
weight 213 lbs Sept 1st
weight 211.4 lbs Sept 4th
weight 210.2 lbs Sept 11th
weight 207.4 lbs oct. 12th
weight 203 lbs Nov 6th ( 32" wist)
1st goal met weight 200 lbs( November 11th 2010
202.8 1/4/11
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...er=justawalker

Last edited by justawalker; 11-13-2010 at 05:09 PM.
justawalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 05:01 PM   #22 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
cool, I'm glad I could help.

I just realized that it only took you 3 months, wow! Amazing job... especially at 50!

Do you want me to do your pics in a side by side?
Mike I have a question. Are you doing a split routine for you weights if so care to share what days and what muscles you work and how often? Also any supplements?

I have been boing full body workouts 3 days a week. Planning on doing this until Dec and then going on some sort of split routine for a few months lifting heavier and then see where that takes me.
Just curious how you got to the point where you are now.
Thanks in advance

BTW any other guys that might have an opinion about this that are seeing reults by all means chime in...
__________________
Male
50 years old 5'11"
started: July 11th 2010
Highest Weight 238LBS aug 19th 2009
Starting fitday weight: 230 lbs (38" waist)
weight: 214.6lbs Aug 27th
weight 213 lbs Sept 1st
weight 211.4 lbs Sept 4th
weight 210.2 lbs Sept 11th
weight 207.4 lbs oct. 12th
weight 203 lbs Nov 6th ( 32" wist)
1st goal met weight 200 lbs( November 11th 2010
202.8 1/4/11
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...er=justawalker

Last edited by justawalker; 11-13-2010 at 05:08 PM.
justawalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 05:26 PM   #23 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL (USA)
Posts: 300
Default

Way to go! Thanks for posting pic's - you look great! Must feel like a whole new person!
__________________
Fitday start date: 6/21/2010
Start weight: 158#
Goal met Spring 2011
nottango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 05:34 PM   #24 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 7,468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justawalker View Post
Mike I have a question. Are you doing a split routine for you weights if so care to share what days and what muscles you work and how often? Also any supplements?

I have been boing full body workouts 3 days a week. Planning on doing this until Dec and then going on some sort of split routine for a few months lifting heavier and then see where that takes me.
Just curious how you got to the point where you are now.
Thanks in advance

BTW any other guys that might have an opinion about this that are seeing reults by all means chime in...
most of my weight loss was when I was doing P90X, but then I noticed that I lost some of my chest, etc. So then I joined a gym and started doing body part splits (chest/tri's,back/bi's,legs/shoulders) 3 days a week. I like it, but I'm doing fullbody 3 days a weeks (Huge In A Hurry Amazon.com: Men's Health Huge in a Hurry: Get Bigger, Stronger, and Leaner in Record Time with the New Science of Strength Training (Men's Health (Rodale)) (9781605299341): Chad Waterbury: Books: Reviews, Prices & more) and really love it. I'm starting to see some decent gains.
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 05:37 PM   #25 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
almeeker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justawalker View Post
Pretty much. One of my good friends even said why? You've tried before. What's the point? You are just destined to be fat. Have only seem that friend a couple times since I started. Not that good of a friend
Interesting that you would have this issue as a man. I've had it to some degree as a woman, but that's to be expected, women are after all very competitive in the "image" category. The most interesting thing for me is that the ultra-fit women, who never spoke to me before, all of a sudden are opening up and asking me all sorts of questions about my workouts and running shoes etc etc. Meanwhile most of my old friends are still my friends, although I know a few of them feel compelled to discuss nothing but diet and exercise around me. Eventually it will even out I'm sure.

BTW you look fantastic, and great job on getting in shape.
__________________
Starting weight: 244.6 lbs. 10/01/09
Pounds lost: 80.6 lbs
Current weight: 164 lbs
Goal weight: 120 lbs
Weight to go: 44 lbs
Goal Date: 1/1/13
almeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 06:54 PM   #26 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
vabeachgirlNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,052
Default

Almeeker, I think some of my friends were actually glad I gained weight and when I started taking it off a few acted like I was committing a crime!

One even told me "well you're probably living off of that morning star vegetarian food so it's easy for you!" Um, yeah, ok.... She flat out refused to hear me when I told her morning star, although vegetarian, is highly processed just like most other frozen foods so I don't actually live off of it.

I live a healthy, active lifestyle for me so I don't feel the need to argue or justify what I do to people like that, I usually just turn it around on them and ask why my success bothers them so much!
vabeachgirlNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:43 PM   #27 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
most of my weight loss was when I was doing P90X, but then I noticed that I lost some of my chest, etc. So then I joined a gym and started doing body part splits (chest/tri's,back/bi's,legs/shoulders) 3 days a week. I like it, but I'm doing fullbody 3 days a weeks (Huge In A Hurry Amazon.com: Men's Health Huge in a Hurry: Get Bigger, Stronger, and Leaner in Record Time with the New Science of Strength Training (Men's Health (Rodale)) (9781605299341): Chad Waterbury: Books: Reviews, Prices & more) and really love it. I'm starting to see some decent gains.
Very cool I will have to buy the book.
BTW this is where I am getting my workout right now
Bodybuilding.com - The Full-Body Workout For Extreme Fitness! - MuscleTech
__________________
Male
50 years old 5'11"
started: July 11th 2010
Highest Weight 238LBS aug 19th 2009
Starting fitday weight: 230 lbs (38" waist)
weight: 214.6lbs Aug 27th
weight 213 lbs Sept 1st
weight 211.4 lbs Sept 4th
weight 210.2 lbs Sept 11th
weight 207.4 lbs oct. 12th
weight 203 lbs Nov 6th ( 32" wist)
1st goal met weight 200 lbs( November 11th 2010
202.8 1/4/11
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...er=justawalker
justawalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:59 PM   #28 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 7,468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justawalker View Post
Very cool I will have to buy the book.
BTW this is where I am getting my workout right now
Bodybuilding.com - The Full-Body Workout For Extreme Fitness! - MuscleTech
that looks pretty cool but instead of doing 8 exercises, I'm doing 4, mainly compound moves like squats, deadlifts, etc.
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:24 PM   #29 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
that looks pretty cool but instead of doing 8 exercises, I'm doing 4, mainly compound moves like squats, deadlifts, etc.
How long do your workouts last? do you go in a circuit or finish one on to the next?Any Supplements? How much rest between sets? Lotta questions sorry.
__________________
Male
50 years old 5'11"
started: July 11th 2010
Highest Weight 238LBS aug 19th 2009
Starting fitday weight: 230 lbs (38" waist)
weight: 214.6lbs Aug 27th
weight 213 lbs Sept 1st
weight 211.4 lbs Sept 4th
weight 210.2 lbs Sept 11th
weight 207.4 lbs oct. 12th
weight 203 lbs Nov 6th ( 32" wist)
1st goal met weight 200 lbs( November 11th 2010
202.8 1/4/11
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...er=justawalker
justawalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:39 PM   #30 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 7,468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justawalker View Post
How long do your workouts last? do you go in a circuit or finish one on to the next?Any Supplements? How much rest between sets? Lotta questions sorry.
I finish one and move on to the next. The rest depends on if it's a light, medium or heavy day. On average about a minute though. In the beginning phase, the workouts lasted 45mins tops. I'm talking in and out the gym in 45 mins. Now they last about an hr, some more, but I also do this with a friend.
As far as supplements, I probably take more than 99% of the population lol...
I take whey protein (post workout and sometimes during the day), if I need more protein I take casein at night (haven't taken that in a while b/c I get most of my protein from food). I take a daily mens vitamin, fish oil, Green Tea Pills, Glucosamine + MSM, L-Arginine (I love this one, if you've never tried Arginine, look into it), sometimes Glutamine and I just started taking Z Force (ZMA).
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2