Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Success Stories
What a success story...what a great thing it is...Fit Day!!!! >

What a success story...what a great thing it is...Fit Day!!!!

Notices

What a success story...what a great thing it is...Fit Day!!!!

Old 11-02-2010, 04:04 AM
FitDay Member

Smile What a success story...what a great thing it is...Fit Day!!!!

I was told back on 1/15/10 that I had high cholesterol. I knew I needed to lose a few pounds and get healthy. I didn't want any pill to do the work for me! My weight at the time was 161 on a 5'5" frame.
On the advice from a sister, she told me about Fitday. I have now told many about Fitday!!!
I have lost 34 lbs now. I set my goal for 9/11/10...my birthday, to be down to 130 lbs. I met that goal at the end of July. I am now 127/128lbs consistently.
Two months after being told of my high cholesterol, I went back for another fast/screening. It was down to a (total) of 183 after being at 239! I attribute that to Fitday, stationary bike riding and eating oatmeal everyday for 2 months.
Since that appt. I have slacked on the bike and stopped eating oatmeal. I now eat Fiber one cereal everyday. I have maintained my 128lbs. nicely and can now fit into a size 6. I feel healthy, I look healthy and have so much more energy.
I still track all my food on your site and will continue consistently. There is something to be said in seeing how many calories you're taking in and the nutrition.
I cannot thank you enough Fitday. LOVE YOU!!!

12/4/2010 - I am now at 125.6!!! I have met my goal and am ecstatic!!! Fitday... it's been life changing and so rewarding. I am both proud of myself and so grateful.

Elizabeth Longbrake ))

Last edited by Elongbrake; 12-04-2010 at 02:57 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:07 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations on your weight loss and new healthier you!!!
Old 11-02-2010, 04:10 AM
FitDay Member

Default Wow...you are doing great!!!! So proud of you!

Keep up the great work AlMeeker!

Last edited by Elongbrake; 11-02-2010 at 04:23 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:23 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, but this thread is about you. You've met your goals and are consistently maintaining, which is amazing. I think maintenance can be the hardest part really. Maybe what you need to do now is set a new fitness goal for yourself, maybe a race or club of some sort? Here in Michigan we have a group called PALM, (they ride their bikes across the "palm" of the state, and the letters stand for something, but I don't know what). Or maybe you could tackle a mountain bike course or something along those lines, something to get you back interested in your exercise routine?
Old 11-02-2010, 04:38 AM
FitDay Member

That is so cool. All you have to do is do it. You are a living testiment for sure
Old 11-02-2010, 05:36 AM
FitDay Member

Awesome! Congratulations.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks!

Excellent job! It's always wonderful to read about the success of others - gives me hope and motivation - hope to post my own success story some day!
Old 11-03-2010, 04:34 AM
FitDay Member

Elizabeth, you've done well. Keep your health at the forefront, eat healthy and enough, set new goals, and don't stop exercising! It's your new life, don't stop now! Go from success to success.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:04 AM
FitDay Member

That's great. I hope to be exactly where you are as well. Congrats!
Old 11-04-2010, 12:55 PM
FitDay Member

fantastic and inspiring post, well done!