Notices

A new approach to my fatness!

Old 09-15-2010, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default A new approach to my fatness!

Morning All! I am BRAND NEW here on FD. Found it via google - really liking what I see so far. I, like most of you, have tried everything possible with the exception of hermetically sealing my mouth shut, to lose weight. I have blossomed into a number that I thought was only real when it came to bad cholesterol. I am embarking on a health journey with a friend and a health and wellness coach. (Notice I didn't use the "d" word). We are going to be blogging our journey together. I'm thinking if I make it real and put out all the vulnerability for others to read, MAYBE that will make me more accountable and honest. I've read a few posts so far - LADIES OVER 40 TAKE HEAD... I TOO AM ONE OF YOU.... can you say "hotflash"?! Looking forward to reading your posts, showing support and taking on this new journey. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
Old 09-15-2010, 11:16 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome MNrockstar! Fitday will work - as long as you put the effort into it, and it sounds like you've got the right attitude, and off to a good start.
40's is much tougher than the 30's, I'm looking at 45 in the near future, and have lost 16# in 12 weeks.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome MNrockstar! Wishing you success in your new 'lifestyle'. Don't hesitate to reach out with questions, there is lots of experience, advise, support and knowledge if you want it.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:59 AM
FitDay Member

I hope you are successful. I too am a 40s [late] woman and battling the number that should never have shown up on my scale. My gym buddy and I have been going to the Y for about two years now and have seen little [her] to no [me] success. But I'm not giving up. Finding the Fit Day will let me know what I'm doing and it gives me the nudge to be very truthful. I hope to learn some from these forums and hope I can bbe helpful to others in the future.
P.S.
This is the first time I've ever been involve with a blog.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:18 AM
FitDay Member

Default I too am over 40

Hi all. I'm not just over 40...I'm actually 50 but I too am changing my lifestyle to get healthier and lose weight. I want to eat everyday food and normal portions and stop eating for any reason other than being hungry. I want to eat to survive, not survive to eat! Why didn't I think like this 30 years ago!! Anyway I'm here now and living in the day. I've gained much inspiration and encouragement from reading Sean Anderson's blog. I encourage everyone to check it out! I started reading from Day one and have learned so much. I'll put the link below. Good Luck everyone!

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser
Old 09-16-2010, 09:58 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nancymollerjacobs
I hope you are successful. I too am a 40s [late] woman and battling the number that should never have shown up on my scale. My gym buddy and I have been going to the Y for about two years now and have seen little [her] to no [me] success. But I'm not giving up. Finding the Fit Day will let me know what I'm doing and it gives me the nudge to be very truthful. I hope to learn some from these forums and hope I can bbe helpful to others in the future.
P.S.
This is the first time I've ever been involve with a blog.
I'm in my early 40's, and had been going to a gym with little to no success for YEARS. Anyway a friend of mine is a PT, and so as I was complaining to him about this problem, he cracked up. So of course I asked what was so funny about me NOT gaining any muscle or seeming to get in better shape and he said basically that a woman "my age" needed 1 hour of cardio/day minimum to get in shape, and that 30 minutes 3X week (which we've all been raised on) is only for people in great shape on vacation. Oh good grief you've got to be kidding me. But listening to him, I picked up the pace, and now I work out pretty much everyday, it varies, but I'm putting in probably 4-5 hours of cardio and 2-3 hours of weight training each week. However he was not on the money with one thing. Gaining muscle tone was as much or more about eating properly than it was about exercising. I try and keep my proteins between 30-40% and that my friends was key to gaining muscle tone. My arms used to be a source of embarrassment to me, I've kept them covered for DECADES, but now I'm wearing tank tops and getting compliments on them for the first time in my life.

Glad to have you on board MNrockstar, and good luck to you! I love your screen name by the way.

Last edited by almeeker; 09-16-2010 at 10:00 PM.