Go Back   FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Success Stories
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 10:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 10
Default Fitday keeps me on the straight and narrow!

I have used fitday every day since 2007, entering anything I've eaten because I want to stay slim as I enter middle age. That is, I used it religiously until I made the mistake of stopping last late spring/summer while I was going through a stressful period buying a house.

For a few months I engaged in lots of "comfort" eating (cake, ice cream, etc.) to "help myself" (to lots of junk food!) through. It sure was an uncomfortable and rude awakening when I stepped on the scale and saw I gained, not kidding, 8 pounds in just under three months!

I've learned from fitday that everything counts and it all adds up quickly, and just because you aren't counting your body doesn't forget one single calorie!

Back in the day people had to use calories books or silly "As Seen on TV" digital calorie counters if they wanted to keep track. I love fitday and can say it has been a success for me with keeping me honest! It's free and easy and I'm grateful for it!
missavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4
Default How Ironic...

Wow! It was as if I were reading a post of mine. I lost 40 pounds in about six months last year. Around Thanksgiving last year, I started having a few cheat meals here and there. That turned into two cheat months. To make you feel better, I put on 16 pounds in two months (!). You are so right--everything counts and it certainly does add up quickly. I'm happy to say that I'm back on the wagon and making progress again.
sgt309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Woodland Park, New Jersey
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by missavie View Post
I have used fitday every day since 2007, entering anything I've eaten because I want to stay slim as I enter middle age. That is, I used it religiously until I made the mistake of stopping last late spring/summer while I was going through a stressful period buying a house.

For a few months I engaged in lots of "comfort" eating (cake, ice cream, etc.) to "help myself" (to lots of junk food!) through. It sure was an uncomfortable and rude awakening when I stepped on the scale and saw I gained, not kidding, 8 pounds in just under three months!

I've learned from fitday that everything counts and it all adds up quickly, and just because you aren't counting your body doesn't forget one single calorie!

Back in the day people had to use calories books or silly "As Seen on TV" digital calorie counters if they wanted to keep track. I love fitday and can say it has been a success for me with keeping me honest! It's free and easy and I'm grateful for it!
Massavie i am with you I absolutely love this program and what is not to like about free.
mc3150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by missavie View Post
...
Back in the day people had to use calories books or silly "As Seen on TV" digital calorie counters if they wanted to keep track. I love fitday and can say it has been a success for me with keeping me honest! It's free and easy and I'm grateful for it!
LOL!! I was using calorie books and a pad of paper until about a month ago. I have been a member of FitDay for years but found it cumbersome and didn't feel as in control before (I wanted to figure my Exact calories). Well I got a laptop so it's easy to take it to the kitchen to enter my foods and realized the calories in FitDay were pretty accurate; plus I got tired of calculations. I have really become a fan of the reports. It just makes this whole thing a bit more interesting to me. Another bonus is I can enter food at home and modify it at work. No more trying to remember how many calories I wrote down at home. Plus I can enter that office doughnut before eating it and usually decide it just isn't worth it.
anderson02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5
Default

I'm really enjoying watching and seeing what I'm eating and keeping a record you can also keep track if a day when you do not lose weight to look back and see why or what have you done differently to not see a change.
777Traceyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anderson02 View Post
LOL!! I was using calorie books and a pad of paper until about a month ago. I have been a member of FitDay for years but found it cumbersome and didn't feel as in control before (I wanted to figure my Exact calories). Well I got a laptop so it's easy to take it to the kitchen to enter my foods and realized the calories in FitDay were pretty accurate; plus I got tired of calculations. I have really become a fan of the reports. It just makes this whole thing a bit more interesting to me. Another bonus is I can enter food at home and modify it at work. No more trying to remember how many calories I wrote down at home. Plus I can enter that office doughnut before eating it and usually decide it just isn't worth it.
Yes, I love entering foods I think I really want to eat (but don't need) so I can see the damage and then decide if I realllly want to eat them.
missavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777Traceyann View Post
I'm really enjoying watching and seeing what I'm eating and keeping a record you can also keep track if a day when you do not lose weight to look back and see why or what have you done differently to not see a change.
I've been using my fitday data from the last few years to analyze my weight and there is definitely a direct correlation between intake and weight gain and NOT simply turning 40.
missavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2