FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Success Stories (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/)
-   -   Finally in the Healthy Weight Range! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/1918-finally-healthy-weight-range.html)

Luckygir15 09-03-2010 02:34 AM

Finally in the Healthy Weight Range!

When I started my weight loss journey, I was in the "obese" category. Yikes!

I spent the last few months in he "overweight" category and finally after my weekly weigh this morning, I am officially in my "healthy" weight range for my height of 5'9"

Very Exciting!!!!

I can't weight to get down to my goal.

One huge bummer about the weight loss is that NONE of my pants fit me. I HAVE to use a belt, and I only have a few pairs of pants I can wear and not look like a weirdo trying to hold her pants up, (Which is what I'm doing...size 18, and now I'm maybe a 14?? I wouldn't know since I refuse to buy new clothes!)

NO buying any new clothes until I hit my weight goal!

Thank god for dresses!!!!!

fletch8502 09-03-2010 04:19 AM

YAY for you! Great job!!!

If you end up really really needing to buy some new pants before hitting your goal, you could always get a pair or two previously owned from someplace like Plato's Closet or salvation army.

Keep up the awesome work!!!

ninakretina 09-03-2010 01:35 PM

That's awesome, great for you!! :) I can't wait to be on my healthy weight, still a loooong way to go but I'll stick to my goal!!!

staceyalberta 09-04-2010 01:42 AM

that's awesome very excited for you woo hoo happy dancing.

on the pants issue i hear you about not wanting to buy new clothes until you reach goal. however you should have two pair that you feel good try a second hand store & see if they have any you like.

blinkblink 09-05-2010 12:02 PM

Congratulations on your weight loss so far! I can understand not wanting to buy new clothes until you reach goal, but wearing clothes that fit is such a great boost. Life is a journey, so you might as well look good along the way :) To avoid spending too much on a few nicely fitting "in-between" outfits, try checking sales, salvation army stores, consignment shops, even Craigslist.

gallusgal 09-05-2010 07:31 PM

Congratulations and a big well done! You should treat yourself though....really show off your new figure in pants that actually fit you! (It feels wonderful!) Good for you, here's to your goal weight! :D

orca88 09-06-2010 07:01 AM

When I read this I was thinking "this is exactly how I feel!" :p I am also 5'9" and a few pounds away from my "healthy weight range" and using belts to hold my pants up because I refuse to buy any until my birthday, should be very close to my goal weight by then.

Congrats to you!!! Very encouraging!!!! :)

jtalfie 09-06-2010 07:54 AM

omg well done!! i cant wait to get in that category!

almeeker 09-06-2010 08:54 AM

Congratulations, I'm jealous as all get out.

smooshmcsmeesh 09-06-2010 09:33 AM

Well done Lucky! So excited for you!
The hard work has paid off... enjoy those new clothes when you finally buy 'em :).

Best always,
Smoosh

Luckygir15 09-06-2010 10:07 AM

Thank you guys so much!!! It does feel great to be considered in the "healthy" weight range for once!

I just went to a wedding this weekend wearing the same dress I wore in March. I should post a picture of me before and then after. Kinda hard to tell, but you can see it in my face and arms the most.

Luckygir15 09-06-2010 10:36 AM

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...ygir15/pic.png

So this is me. The picture on the left is when I was 210 pounds back in March. The picture on the right is me as of yesterday at 168.6 pounds.

I know it's hard to see a difference, but I can tell!!!!

AAFlaca 09-13-2010 10:22 PM

Well done and congratulations!
I always say..pants that are tooooo big is a NICE problem to have!

yauncin 09-14-2010 01:35 AM

@Luckygir15

Awesome! Yes you can definitely tell by the face and arms. Great job!

sw07 09-14-2010 03:47 AM

Wow! Congrats! Big difference- you look great:D

cjohnson728 09-14-2010 05:36 AM

Not hard to see a difference at all! Well done!

Luckygir15 10-29-2010 02:48 PM

So I finally broke down tonight and bought a new pair of jeans... American Eagle, size 12!!!! I went from a size 18, to a 12....YEahhhh!!!

I've totally forgot what it felt like to be wearing jeans that actually fit the way their supposed to, lol

I have 15 pounds to go, so close!

gallusgal 10-30-2010 02:14 AM

You look fantastic, well done!

mtlgirl 10-30-2010 04:12 AM

Congrats!

You look AMAZING, Lucky Girl! Not hard to see the difference at all! Awesome job!

I'm glad to hear that you bought yourself a new pair of jeans. All my jeans are from American Eagle too. They are not too expensive and I certainly don't feel guilty getting a new pair before I reach goal! (I will however invest in a pricier pair once I reach goal :) )

path75 11-06-2010 11:06 AM

Good job on the weight loss...

I have a sister who is a smaller size, she convinced me that I could fit into her pant size and lo and behold I could. She gave some of her jeans she hasn't wore in a while as well as some shirts. I still have ten pounds to lose so I don't want to buy any new pants. I did buy one pair a month ago with a size 14 from 20+. I am now at size 12. Maybe you have a friend or family member that can give some of their pants in the meantime, then give them back when they don't fit.