Notices

This IS a success story in progress...

Old 09-01-2010, 07:50 PM
FitDay Member

Talking This IS a success story in progress...

...that confident I am that this time, I'll make it.

After being extremely obese my entire life, I have decided no more! I woke up on August 24, 2010, convinced that this time all the extra weight will be gone. At 28 I am at my heaviest, weighting 265 pounds on a 5'6" frame. Although I have always had great health, I know that if I keep this weight it will be affected eventually, and I want to live a long and plenty life. Besides, as a fashion design student, I know things will be easier if I am on a healthier and more "approachable" weight(it can be frivolous but it's one of those things in which if you can't beat them, join them). Luckily I'm not one to feel bad or like I am less of a person for my weight, but let's be real, we all know we look and feel better when we are at a healthy weight. So it's been 40 to 60 minutes of walking and running bicycle and doing weights for the last 10 days. It's been vegetables, lean meats, no fats, 3 meals a day and 2 mini snacks, and toooons of water and so far, I've dropped 5 pounds and counting. I am aware I'll never be a size 2 and 120lbs will probably be unhealthy for a woman like me, with the typical latina complexion(big boobs and a bigger behind, haha), so my goal would be around the 140-150 by mid 2011. I will make it happen, and all support is always appreciated.

And this is the last picture ever taken of me at 270!!! I have spoken!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
me.jpg (56.0 KB, 127 views)
Old 09-01-2010, 09:28 PM
FitDay Member

Good for you, and welcome aboard. I'm shorter than you, 5'-2, but when I started I weighed 244.6, which is probably about the same dress size. Anyway I love this site, it's been very helpful. You might want to check out the 100+ ladies club, lots of fun ladies there and they are always ready to cheer you up or cheer you on, whatever it takes to get there.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Good for you, and welcome aboard. I'm shorter than you, 5'-2, but when I started I weighed 244.6, which is probably about the same dress size. Anyway I love this site, it's been very helpful. You might want to check out the 100+ ladies club, lots of fun ladies there and they are always ready to cheer you up or cheer you on, whatever it takes to get there.
Hey Almeeker,
I consider you to be one of the top positive moral boosters on this sight.
Your enthusiasm is greatly appreciated.
Keep up the great work and congratulations on your continued success.
LOVE your Whoo Hooo !!!
Old 09-02-2010, 03:10 PM
FitDay Member

Aren't you sweet! Thanks so much for that, such a nice pick-me-up after the crazy day I've had.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:35 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Nina,

What a great attitude and enthusiasm -- you ARE a success story in the making, and your first chapter (getting involved with FitDay) is a super start to this bestseller!

We look forward to sharing the journey with you and hearing about your progress. Be sure to join us in some of the other great threads on the forum and don't hesitate to ask questions or provide feedback.

Cheers!

Smoosh
Old 09-04-2010, 10:18 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks to everyone! I have kept my diet even though yesterday I went a bit overboard and had a mofongo(fried and grounded plantain) with stewed conch meat, booo, thanks Mom for luring me to eat that, haha!!!! But today I went back on track, did my exercises and I started the elliptical machine once again(which I LOOOVE) yay!!!! And I'm going to a nutritionist next week, we'll see what she recommends!! I also started working on a few dresses I want to make for the Holidays and I am drafting them on a size 18 instead of my usual 22/24 as a way to motivate me to keep going so they can fit me by December!!!!

Blessings to all!!!
Old 09-05-2010, 05:56 AM
FitDay Member

Best of luck to you with your weight loss plan!

Just remember to not get too focused on long-term goals. If you don't make the specific time frames you have listed in your signature, don't let that get you down. Any progress is wonderful... just eat healthier and get more active and you'll be where you want to be before you know it.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:54 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mfagerstrom
Just remember to not get too focused on long-term goals. If you don't make the specific time frames you have listed in your signature, don't let that get you down. Any progress is wonderful...
Congratulations on committing to a healthier you! What works for you might be different than what works for other people, but do be careful about setting time-limits on your weight loss. Progress is progress, whether it takes a month to get to each mini-goal or two... or more. Bonus: you're going to find yourself feeling better as you go - stronger, more confident, and more energetic.