FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Success Stories (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/)
-   -   FitDay + P90X (Work in Progress) (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/1415-fitday-p90x-work-progress.html)

SeiferWar 06-26-2010 10:53 AM

FitDay + P90X (Pics Included, Work In Progress)

I would honestly like to thank FitDay and P90X for everything they've given me. I've been on Fitday for a while but I never really used it as much as when I started P90X... it just brought everything to a whole new level for me.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2guijkl.jpg - Before (3 weeks ago)

http://i48.tinypic.com/2ezs2ah.jpg - After (3 weeks and 6lbs lost, sucking in my stomach a bit!)

http://i28.tinypic.com/bikydg.jpg (update pic. July 14th)

I love P90X, I would've never pictured myself doing 17 chin ups in a row)

jbwagner 06-26-2010 11:29 AM

Totally impressed! I have the dvds sitting under my bed and they're waiting for me to take the plunge. Maybe I'll give it a go. Does it take about an hour/day and are you following the food plan?

SeiferWar 06-26-2010 11:44 AM

I do everything except Yoga... usually on the Yoga day I'll go for a Bike ride or a run. I hated the Yoga program, it's like 1:30 mins. It takes longer some days cause you do AB Ripper + the other stuff.

I'm not following their food plan at all... just getting 175g of protein everyday and eating at a really low calorie deficit and taking multi vitamins and fish oil pills. I aim for 1400-1600 calories a day.

agarfield 06-27-2010 06:05 AM

Congrats on your results. My husband and I did P90X together and loved it. How are your energy levels? I was looking at your calorie intake and have to say that I followed the diet and ate 1800 calories and my husband did about 2400 calories. Now that we have researched more, we think he should have had even more because he did not gain as much muscle as he wanted (he is a hard-gainer though). You might want to consider recalculating your calories so your body gets what it needs so you have the energy to push through all those reps and your body doesn't go after the muscle you're trying to build in the process. Keep up the great work. I'm sure you will be very excited at your progress in the end.

SeiferWar 06-27-2010 06:27 AM

My energy levels are great. As you can clearly see in my pictures, I'm an Endomorph through and through. I've been able to go as low as 1000 calories and still preserve strength/muscle, lol. I'm not really worried about muscle loss as I am getting more then adequate protein, I supplement with animal paks multi vitamins and fish oils so I feel like I am getting pretty much everything I need. I'm not really looking for muscle gain per-se, mostly just preserving what I have right now and trimming the fat down.

One of my friends that is doing the program is eating around 2400 calories too... he sometimes struggles to get through some of the programs, such as, legs and back and pylo, lol. :) I think he's an ecto... so his body probably eats through his pre-workout meal or something.

Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely consider eating more on the weekends if my energy levels drop, or my weights go down for the exercises.

Ferrariking 06-27-2010 05:44 PM

Good Stuff

I bought the P90X program 4 months ago and haven't even opened it. I started Fitday 1 week ago and have really enjoyed how easy and helpful it is on tracking and helping my weight loss.

I am going to bust out P90X in the AM and give it the go. I have had a few friends do it and they have agreed it is great but as anything consistency counts.

Thanks for the motivation!!:)

SeiferWar 06-28-2010 01:47 PM

You will definitely not regret it. I'm not saying P90X is the most amazing thing ever, but it really helps you stay accountable, and it helps that you have something to follow along with.

wannabefitgrl 07-02-2010 02:33 PM

I'm so jealous of all the pull ups you can do. I get about one and then I'm done for the whole rest of the dvd. I supplement by using a chair to get up and then using my own muscle to lower myself, but I can only do that so many times too...looking forward to seeing gains in that department.

Otherwise I am trying to follow their diet plan, but think it's messing with my weight loss. I had done P90, the prequel to the X, and supplemented it with jogging/walking too. I steadily lost at least a pound a week but it's stopped since starting the X. I actually think I know my body pretty well and it functions best at 40/40/20 sticking between 1600-1800 calories, so I'm excited to get to phase 2 where the eating plan is more in sync with how I eat anyway. Not really looking forward to that high carb phase 3, but maybe it's a mental hurdle and my body will respond nicely. I guess only time will tell!

P.S. I can't do a lot of pull ups, but I rocked the 'mary catherine' lunges and felt pretty good about that!

lvjeepguy 07-12-2010 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by wannabefitgrl (Post 14975)
I'm so jealous of all the pull ups you can do. I get about one and then I'm done for the whole rest of the dvd. I supplement by using a chair to get up and then using my own muscle to lower myself, but I can only do that so many times too...looking forward to seeing gains in that department.

Even in my best physical condition ever, I could never do more than 7 pull-ups.
Men's Health has a great guide (included in the Belly Off! Diet book). Although geared towards men, I can't imagine why this isn't a great guide for women who want to boost their pullups too...

Master the Pullup

P90X is one of the best workouts I've ever done...Need to buy it again...ex took it in the divorce! :mad: I sure do miss...........Tony Horton!

wannabefitgrl 07-12-2010 07:46 AM

Thanks, lv. I'll be sure to see what this can do for me!