Notices

Half Way There

Old 06-16-2010, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

Default Half Way There

Although I try to give information and advice here on the forums (hopefully that others have found useful), this is the first thread I have initiated.

I started in the spring of 2009 weighing 270 pounds. I joined Fitday on January 21st, 2010 at 255 pounds. Today I weigh 235 pounds. Exactly half way to my goal of 200.

Fitday has been a great tool for me. I am happy with my success but not satisfied. I am currently about 7 pounds behind where I need to be to acheive my goal by November. The good news is I have the tools (Fitday) to still acheive my goal on time.

Looking at my weight goal stats, my intake has averaged about 2000 calories a day. Although I have exceeded my caloric deficit target of 678/day I am not losing at the rate I need to hit my goal. I attribute this to the inaccuarcy of the way Fitday calculates Base Metabolic rates. (Something I have advised others about.)

But I am not complaining, I will customize my metabolic rate here on Fitday, I will strive to drop my average daily calorie intake to 1800 and I will increase my physical activites (I need to take my own advice and weight lift more).

Thank for letting me celebrate (and brag) a little and thank you to all of the other members I have gleaned information and strategies from.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:31 AM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up

Great job, rp, and keep up the good work. You obviously have figured out what works for you and you will hit that goal in due time
Old 06-16-2010, 10:47 AM
FitDay Member

Yay you!! I love hitting milestones
Old 06-16-2010, 10:55 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations!!! Sooo what are you doing to reward yourself? Uh uh? Mani-pedi, new red dress, tickets to the monster truck rally, all 3?
Old 06-16-2010, 11:04 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats man and keep it up 270 was where I started myself. I highly recommend weightlifting more. It is a big help to hitting your goals and maintaining them!!
Old 06-16-2010, 05:33 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Great job, rp, and keep up the good work. You obviously have figured out what works for you and you will hit that goal in due time
Originally Posted by Lizzycritter
Yay you!! I love hitting milestones
Originally Posted by almeeker
Congratulations!!! Sooo what are you doing to reward yourself? Uh uh? Mani-pedi, new red dress, tickets to the monster truck rally, all 3?
Originally Posted by rommel77
Congrats man and keep it up 270 was where I started myself. I highly recommend weightlifting more. It is a big help to hitting your goals and maintaining them!!
Thank you all!! You are some of my most admired members here on Fitday.

Rommel; your success is a inspiration especially in the time frame you have accomplished it.

almeeker; The only red dress in my future will be on my wife (lol). I really haven't even considered a reward. Hitting the half way point has only boosted my motivation even further to acheive my goals.