Notices

My "One Year" Mark!

Old 06-13-2010, 11:45 PM
FitDay Member

You have done great, sure makes me want to do better. Congrats.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:38 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats!!! Just curious...where you on a "special diet"...WW, jenny craig? Just curious.

Rob
Old 06-15-2010, 06:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bardwere
Congrats!!! Just curious...where you on a "special diet"...WW, jenny craig? Just curious.

Rob
Thank you and to others for the congrats. I actually did everything on my own from starting to walk everyday, learning how/what to eat and weightlifting. It really has become not only a lifestyle change for me but in a sense a hobby, learning how to better my health.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:30 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the response. That’s what I'm doing now. I'm 5'10 and weighed 232 on June 5th. I started running and work-out five days a week doing split work-outs. Not on a diet...life style change. I've already lost 6 pounds. I consume about 1800 calories a day....thanks for the feedback...I’ll keep you posted on my loss...and keep up the good work!!!
Old 06-15-2010, 09:36 PM
FitDay Member

Amazing job, Rommel77! You look fantastic!
Old 06-15-2010, 10:18 PM
FitDay Member

absolutely awe inspiring! Well done you on the changes you made and the results you have achieved, you should be very proud of yourself!
Old 06-26-2010, 07:46 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rommel77
How long have you been dealing with your sleep apnea?
I was diagnosed in December of 2003 and had the CPAP set at 8. It was really interesting that they said in the sleep study my legs stopped twitching when the pressure got up to about 7. Apparently they twitched every 14 seconds until then - who knew? I suspect I needed the machine a good while before that since I'd been getting complaints about my snoring and I'd been literally falling asleep at work.

In 2007 I was all excited about having lost 40 pounds and wanted another sleep study. I had different insurance, though, and instead of sleeping at the clinic with all sorts of electronics glued to my head, chest, and legs, they just sent me home with a testing CPAP for a few nights that had variable pressure and monitored my breathing somehow. I was VERY disappointed that they turned my machine UP to 10, and I haven't been especially comfortable with it ever since.

After that I gained back 10 of those 40 pounds but managed to stop there and have gotten rid of it again. Since then I've used CPAP sporadically - sometimes I sleep better with it, and sometimes I sleep better without it. I suppose I should insist on a real in-clinic sleep study but I don't feel confident I would get it. Maybe after I lose some more weight I'll ask again.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

Squeaky wheel gets the grease, I'd at least try for the study. My husband has sleep apnea, he put on 15-20 lbs when he first got it. The theory is he wasn't awake all night burning calories tossing and turning. If you're snoring again, it isn't set right.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats - you look great - what a difference a year makes. I know its hard would but look at your accomplishment. Keep up the good work.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by alice6065
I was diagnosed in December of 2003 and had the CPAP set at 8. It was really interesting that they said in the sleep study my legs stopped twitching when the pressure got up to about 7. Apparently they twitched every 14 seconds until then - who knew? I suspect I needed the machine a good while before that since I'd been getting complaints about my snoring and I'd been literally falling asleep at work.

In 2007 I was all excited about having lost 40 pounds and wanted another sleep study. I had different insurance, though, and instead of sleeping at the clinic with all sorts of electronics glued to my head, chest, and legs, they just sent me home with a testing CPAP for a few nights that had variable pressure and monitored my breathing somehow. I was VERY disappointed that they turned my machine UP to 10, and I haven't been especially comfortable with it ever since.

After that I gained back 10 of those 40 pounds but managed to stop there and have gotten rid of it again. Since then I've used CPAP sporadically - sometimes I sleep better with it, and sometimes I sleep better without it. I suppose I should insist on a real in-clinic sleep study but I don't feel confident I would get it. Maybe after I lose some more weight I'll ask again.
I think mine was set for 9 but I havent changed the settings when I do use it. Funny thing is I have been sleeping on my couch without it for a week with good results. For me it seems the more inclined postion I sleep in the better. Keep working at it and good luck