Community
Notices

26 lbs in 3 mos

Old 09-02-2015, 10:17 AM
FitDay Member

Default 26 lbs in 3 mos

Hello! I just wanted to share my story on how I was able to trim down. My height is only 5'2 and my weight reached 122 lbs. Based on the research I made, my ideal weight should only be around 100-105 lbs. So I started to eat less like 1 cup of rice a day from 3-4 cups a day (equivalent to 3 meals). Then along with that, I also worked out at home. I did 30-50 sit ups a day and other toning exercises. After a week, I checked on my weight and yes, I lose 4 lbs. It helped me to be more determined and was able to set and reach my target. From 1 cup of rice a day to 1/2 cup then to no rice during weekdays. Sat and Sun were my cheat days. During no rice days, I only had 1 cup of soup and slices of fruits. To make me more motivated too, I was reading different magazines and checking on the photos of different models who were wearin' sexy dresses and swim suits. I said to myself that one day I would be able to wear those too, lol. Sounds funny but that was how I became more determined to reach my target weight. So to shorten the story, after 3 months of diet and exercise, my weight dropped to 96 lbs. When it became stable, I was able to eat regular meals again without gaining a single pound. So it's a matter of setting of goals, motivation and discipline.

That story was 8 years ago When I gave birth to my 2nd daughter, I was not able to go back to my old figure. In short, I became over weight again and it was hard for me to trim down even though I was working out and eating less. So I was forced to try dietary supplements. And fortunately, they were helpful...plus with proper control and discipline. I may not be able to go back to 46-48 kg, but at least it's helping me to control weight gain. :-)

Last edited by TessTraylor; 09-02-2015 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:47 PM
Super Moderator

I think that your weight at 5'2", 122 lbs., was in the 'normal' BMI range. However, you knew what you wanted, and you achieved it.
Old 09-03-2015, 03:03 AM
FitDay Member

Is rice or soup and fruit all you were eating? If so, then that and the weight (96 lbs at 5'2") sort of remind me of my anorexic days... Also I can understand using pics as motivation but they are retouched. Do we admire "models" or bad or unrealistic examples?

Maybe the fact that you couldn't maintain it is your body telling you something.

Anyway, all best to you.
Old 09-07-2015, 12:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Is rice or soup and fruit all you were eating? If so, then that and the weight (96 lbs at 5'2") sort of remind me of my anorexic days... Also I can understand using pics as motivation but they are retouched. Do we admire "models" or bad or unrealistic examples?

Maybe the fact that you couldn't maintain it is your body telling you something.

Anyway, all best to you.
Be kind to you! I am sure you are still beautiful
and remember that babies are worth it! My babies
are now 53,54,& 55..are they were worth every pound
gained and every penny spent on their lives! Wonderful gifts!
Worth it all..
But so are you to you So,Stay beautiful..and healthy..
Old 02-07-2018, 09:30 PM
FitDay Member

Nice
Old 02-18-2018, 07:42 PM
FitDay Member

Congrats!
Old 04-02-2018, 03:48 PM
FitDay Member

very motivating! want to start my weight loss soon
Old 08-29-2018, 03:49 PM
FitDay Member

Congratulation for this!
Old 08-29-2018, 04:06 PM
FitDay Member

2 days cheat is not good, you should make it single. Apart from that you can try light exercises at home. If you feel like eating rice eat less than your hunger and never eat white rice.