Notices

20lbs today...

Old 05-30-2010, 09:54 PM
FitDay Member

Smile 20lbs today...

I'm a male aged 51 and have struggled for years with my weight which hovers around 230lb (105kg). As I am only 5'7" (1.7m) this is well into the obese category even though I carry it well and do exercise. I discovered fitday 5 weeks ago and religiously enter everything I eat and do. Well today I am 20lbs lighter and cannot believe what I have achieved. The next 20lbs are going to be so easy.

To all those folks just starting out, be honest, stick to your fitday restriction and go for a long walk in the morning and a long walk at night. You too will be on the beach or in the pool this summer.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:38 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations!!! It feels really good doesn't it? How low are you hoping to get? My DH is an inch taller than you and at 190 he's pretty thin, but everybody is a little different.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

Take dizzy's suggestion and next time you are at the store carry around two bags of potatoes. That's what you've lost. congrats!
Old 05-31-2010, 11:21 AM
FitDay Member

Well done!I just joined.196lbs and also 5ft 7.Reality check realing my BMI is obese but you have cheered me up.Keep up the good work.Jenny, Ireland
Old 06-02-2010, 04:04 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

I love reading these success stories!! It's so comforting to know that it can be done and it gives me the "UMPH" I need to keep on keeping on!! Congrats to all the "WINNERS" in your new "losing" lifestyle.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:37 AM
FitDay Member

20lbs in 5 weeks is a great accomplishment in itself. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Don't get discouraged if you can't maintain that 4lb a week average going forward. As your body fat % decreases it usually gets tougher.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:51 PM
FitDay Member

Congratulations on your success !! You lost 20lbs in just 5 weeks and that keep me motivated that I can achieved it too