Notices

12 Years!

Old 06-30-2014, 03:52 PM
FitDay Member

Default 12 Years!

I was a member of FitDay like 12 years ago. I hit my goal weight, 145, solved my numerous chronic health issues, and propelled myself into a whole new healthy body and adventurous life! And even more amazingly I've kept most of that weight off all this time!

I'm here now because a few years ago I suffered a serious back injury that threw my finances into a total tailspin; over the last few years I've seen my weight creep up a bit and those health problems peek back into my life because of the rock-bottom grocery budget I've had to maintain as a consequence of the money situation. I'm finally at a place where I can invest more in healthier food, and I was just remembering earlier this week how helpful FitDay had been long ago when I was first getting healthy. I was just floored to see that my account's still in the system--and along with it all my blogs, menus, daily progress reports, everything I did 10+ years ago! Wow! I'm just blown away by all the memories I'm reliving as I look at it all again.

I've got 20 pounds to lose now to get back to that goal weight, but I'm not stressing over it. I know what to do; I've got a kitchen full of awesome healthy food choices, and a heart full of determination. 20 pounds is a lot easier to lose than 80, let me tell you that from experience!

I just wanted to tell anybody listening that yes, it's possible to keep weight off for the long term. Yes, you are going to succeed if you just find the approach that suits your body and keep at it. I know how difficult it is to break free of this world's programming about food and how hard those first steps are. I know the conventional wisdom about regaining the weight and all that. But I managed to keep just about all of it off, and so can you. Don't give up. Your health is important.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

That's a great, inspiring, motivating message. Thank you!
Old 07-16-2014, 01:15 PM
FitDay Member

welcome back aoda!!!

Thank you for posting this inspiring message
Old 07-21-2014, 04:30 AM
FitDay Member

Very encouraging post...thank you and all the best on your journey
Old 02-17-2015, 02:39 AM
FitDay Member

Saw this and it resonated. I've also been using FitDay for probably 10+ years, and I too very much appreciate the fact that everything I've ever done is still there. My custom foods list probably rivals some books, but knowing (with reasonable certainty) it'll all still be there for years to come makes me take that much more care.

People sometimes ask my secret and my favorite reply is "FitDay and a food scale." Some think it's crazy, but so is embarking on a diet without having any clue how many calories you're taking in. Or accepting failure without asking "why did I fail?" For me, and many others I'm sure, it was those monster portions, handfuls of nuts that don't count because they're "good" calories, only paying attention to fats. Or carbs. Peanut butter.

I too believe so many of our health problems could be solved by simply getting to a healthy BMI. I watch all these mattress commercials in particular and think if you just lost some weight you'd probably start sleeping a whole lot better.

Anyway, Fitday isn't perfect - let's not get into that, but it works for me.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:24 AM
Banned

Great ! ... keep the good work up
Old 02-23-2015, 10:42 PM
Banned

Default Awesome......keep it work.

Awesome......keep it work.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:57 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for sharing, very inspiring to hear. Glad to hear of your epic success
Old 05-01-2015, 08:52 AM
FitDay Member

amazing, great job!
Old 05-16-2015, 11:40 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Folks - I too used FitDay years ago and I'm now back to use it as a tool to succeed again. What is the best way to review my old records? The calendar function scrolls back one month at a time. Is there a more efficient way to jump back several years, or to view a snap shot of activity over a long time (for example 12 months in a single view allowing a click to a specific date,)?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.