Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Success Stories
50 Years Old and Starting Anew! - Originally started on 4/25/14 >

50 Years Old and Starting Anew! - Originally started on 4/25/14

Notices

50 Years Old and Starting Anew! - Originally started on 4/25/14

Old 09-13-2014, 12:52 PM
FitDay Member

Chmia14,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback!

I agree entirely. A lifestyle change was what this was about. My husband has me on a Phase 5 diet right now that is transitioning me to regular foods. These aren't the prepackaged garbage foods, but are much more realistic for my diet. A lot of organic foods, with real portions, instead of these out-of-control portions given at food restaurants. No more fast food for me. No more "super-size" or "Jumbo". Everything is being measured out. It doesn't mean I can't go out to dinner once in a month or so. But it does mean that I am much more selective about what I eat and where I eat.

Also, it means I just balance the rest of my diet for that day, or for the next 3 days, until everything comes back within my expected weight. We removed ketchup from the house (I used to love it), because of the sodium and sugar. I no longer use salad dressings, but eat things plain.

I still like to eat the fish (talapia), the chicken breast, and the turkey breast. I think some things from the diet are a permanent staple now.

In 12 days I will start over with Phase I with the new plan to lose 40 pounds. That plan will be fat loss/lean muscle build. I can't wait to get started!

I appreciate all those who respond to this thread. I really love the way FitDay makes it so easy to interact with people.

Thanks again, everyone. See you soon!
Old 09-20-2014, 05:15 AM
FitDay Member

Default New update posted

50 Years Old and Starting Anew! - PART II

That is the title of my new thread. Feel free to look through it to see the new story of moving forward to lose 40 more pounds.

It took 4 months and 6 days to lose the 45 pounds before.
It should take no more than 6 months and 10 days to lose the next 40 pounds.

Overall, the estimated 85 pounds weight loss should be an estimated 10 months and 16 days. Losing 85 pounds in less than a year was a goal I never thought I could obtain! I am so excited!
Old 02-24-2015, 07:54 PM
Banned

You are doing fantastic! You are so lucky to have your husband behind you 100% like this. keep up the great work and you will be to your goal in no time!!!
Old 02-24-2015, 07:58 PM
Banned

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Really good job on the site, Thanks for guide!