Notices

Another Little Success Story

Old 05-17-2010, 08:36 AM
FitDay Member

Default Another Little Success Story

I know its probably a little too soon to be posting another "little success story" on here, but, yet again, I have to let this out to somebody.

Three DAYS ago I started tracking my caloric intake and my caloric burn,
measurements, etc. on fitday and decided "what the hell, I'll check my weight." Turned out I have lost ANOTHER THREE POUNDS in a three days and SEVEN pounds over the week before I started on here. I decided to try on the pair of pants that fit PERFECTLY (but didn't have a button) to see if they were too big, and sure enough they are.

I then decided to take my measurements again to see how many inches I'd lost. I've lost AT LEAST half an inch from every area for a combined total of NINE INCHES LOST. I had to share again, so I hope this gives the readers some encouragement to keep going and do what you need to do.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:55 AM
FitDay Member

Great Job! Yes, it is very encouraging for me to read about your dramatic results! Keep posting away about your successes, it's nice to read. It made me want to put more effort into losing my last few pounds. It's hard to stay motivated, but reading about you is very inspiring.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:32 PM
FitDay Member

congratulations!!!! i'm really happy for you and glad for myself, since you can not see me and know i'm turning green with envy
wish i could share the same story, but it's becoming a struggle for me to lose any weight!
Old 05-17-2010, 04:33 PM
FitDay Member

Believe it or not, its actually an inspiration to ME to hear your responses. Farah, keep trying. It took me MONTHS to get to this point. Months of trying but having no success, and months of determined work-outs often accompanied by weight GAIN instead of weight LOSS. I think those months made me more determined than anything. So don't worry about not losing weight right now because in the end, it WILL come off. Another thing to try is if your off by only 5 pounds, look at yourself in the mirror, REALLY look at yourself and decide if your body looks the way you pictured it to look when you were done. If not, KEEP TRYING, if so, decide if you really want to kill yourself trying or if you're happy the way you are.

Don't give up if you don't really want to, Farah. As Dori says in Finding Nemo "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming."
Old 05-18-2010, 06:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by farahb7
congratulations!!!! i'm really happy for you and glad for myself, since you can not see me and know i'm turning green with envy
wish i could share the same story, but it's becoming a struggle for me to lose any weight!
Just don't give up Farah you are doing great! My wife is a similar size and she is now down to dropping a pound every two weeks now instead of 8 lbs in a month which she was doing. Stay strong and look at the long term picture instead of the short one. Imagine how great you will feel at Christmas instead of thinking about June!! )
Old 05-22-2010, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations,
What excerices did you do besides controlling your weight?
Keep it up.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:50 AM
FitDay Member

Losing weight isn't just about control, diets, or exercises. Losing weight is about changing your life. I know that sounds dramatic, but its really not that big of a deal. All you need to do to lose weight is watch what you eat and find activities that will get you up, out, moving, and burning calories!

So, to answer your question, all I did to exercise was to get out and moving. Most of the time I just walked around or did some cleaning. Also, I cut out soda and replaced it with water which helped me to have more energy after the initial wake-up. Plus, it'll save you money if you get a filter and a re-usable water bottle.

Don't think about losing weight as an obligation to your health or your self-esteem (although those things are VERY important), but more as a goal you would like to acheive. A goal that will inspire your children to get out and have fun. A goal that will allow you to (hopefully) live a healthy lifestyle with a BIIIIG smile on your face.

I hope this helps!
Old 05-27-2010, 11:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by losing45lbs2010

Don't think about losing weight as an obligation to your health or your self-esteem (although those things are VERY important), but more as a goal you would like to acheive. A goal that will inspire your children to get out and have fun. A goal that will allow you to (hopefully) live a healthy lifestyle with a BIIIIG smile on your face.

I hope this helps!
Beautifully written and totally inspiring(though I am 16 and thankfully kid-less ). Thanks for this.