Notices

My Little Success Story

Old 05-16-2010, 07:45 AM
FitDay Member

Default My Little Success Story

Three months ago, I tried to put on a pair of my work pants before work and they ripped. My Grandma and Grandpa Kuhl had just bought them a few weeks ago, so I took the pants to their house so they could see what happened to them. The next time I went over there, my Grandma had sewn those pants and she said "Mary, someday these pants WILL fit you, you just have to find the will to lose the weight to do it." I didn't believe her at first, but I kept the pants to make her happy. One month later, I decided that I wanted to change my life and lose weight because I wanted to feel better about myself and fit into my clothes easier.

I lost six pounds this week and when I went to pull out a pair of pants, I noticed the pair that had ripped three months ago. As a tiny experiment I decided to try on the pants and see if they fit yet, and to my surprise THEY DO! I have to admit, they're a little snug, but they haven't ripped and I know they won't.

So that's my little success story. I hope you enjoy it, and I hope you get some encouragement from it. I know I did.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:34 AM
FitDay Member

Awesome!!! I always keep a pair of pants that are too tight in my closet, for just such moments. You go honey!!!
Old 05-17-2010, 03:22 AM
FitDay Member

great story!
i had kept a pair of jeans in my closet too, even though it is not my dream weight jean. after reading your story, i decided to try them on and see if i can get into it, and even though a bit snug, i could get them on and i am wearing it to work today! who knew almost 7 lbs weight loss is going to make such difference!
Old 05-17-2010, 08:11 AM
FitDay Member

I have to be honest, I only posted this thread because I had to let my great news out, but now that I'm hearing even these two replies, I can't believe such a little story has made two people feel that much better about themselves. More little success stories to come, believe me!