Notices

About 80 pounds--how I did it

Old 02-18-2010, 07:39 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by erickloses15pounds
I am 5'6, 195 lbs.

I want to get to 175 by March! Keep me motivated guys!!! These stories are wonderful! I have changed my diet--a total 360 degree change.

Now my diet consists of vegetables, fruits, cereal, fish, and chicken.

We are looking at 1500 per day. I lift weights 4 times a week, for an hour, and 30 minutes running at 5.5 mph on the treadmill.

I am ready to make a change for good!! I have never felt so good. I started January 4.
Way to go, erick! I'm happy that you've taken the first step. Last year at 41 years old, I weighed 219 (5'10"). Due in large part to tracking my food on FitDay, I lost 40 pounds in about six months. Then, around Thanksgiving, I stopped keeping track of my food intake during the holidays. That turned into two months of cheat meals and 16 pounds gained back. Keeping track of what you eat not only allows you to properly record calories, fat, etc., but, perhaps more imporantly, it makes you think about everything you put in your mouth. Be obsessive if you need to be, but keep track of everything. Good Luck!!!
Old 03-21-2010, 09:05 PM
FitDay Member

Not hungary with 1200-1500 calories! how did you manage that. I'm constanly starving and don't know how to deal with it. What did you do at night and get-togethers?
Old 03-22-2010, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

I'm so glad that alot of people are seeing results!!! I can't wait until I start to see them. The problem is, that at home, I have no motivation or support. Being 17 years old, I am forced to eat what everyone else eats, unless I ask for money to buy my own food. But we don't have money to blow to where I can go to the market and buy things every week. So, it is tough for me to stay on track as far as dieting goes, and exercise is a little tough too. That's why I'm glad that I found this site because its the support and motivation that I need to reach my goals. I can finally SERIOUSLY track everything that's going on with me from my moods to what I put in my mouth. I can set goals, and then see how far along I am to it. This is great! I hope everyone reaches their goals as well!
Old 03-30-2010, 07:34 AM
FitDay Member

Smile thanks...

Read your "story" this morning and wanted to say thanks for posting it. I've been eating all the healthy foods for a long time now, but not 1 pound comes off. Some of my meds don't help either ... and I'm borderline prediabetic.
I've been walking but your words have helped encourage me to get at the walking each day. So, thanks!
Old 03-30-2010, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

congrats David! Great job!!
Old 04-11-2010, 01:40 AM
FitDay Member

you can say that again!
Old 04-13-2010, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default just starting out

David
I am just starting out My weight is starting at 252 lbs I feel like crap and look like crap. I have been doing the Atkins for 6 days and have lost 6 lbs. You are inspiring to know I to can loose the weight I would like to get to about 180 also.