Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread Starting 8/5/13 >

Motivational Thread Starting 8/5/13

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 8/5/13

Old 08-09-2013, 01:11 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I am having a good week, and the scales are definitely moving down this week. The weekend is fast approaching. Yay!

Mern, I noticed your weight went down! Yay for you! Good job.
Robin, I think it's great that your able to run again. You are healing so well.
jjrudd, I hope everything went well at the kidney doctor for you.
iansteele, It looks like your doing good on your week goals. Chores is a great thing to add for a goal. Good luck!
Week goals:

1. Post all food that enters my mouth: Yes, yes, yes, yes
2. Walk 20 min. 5 out of the 7 days: No, yes, yes, no
3. Look for a walking buddy: live way out in the country, will be difficult to find one unless its at work; talking to teen daughter to see if she will be my buddy for night walks
4. Continue to try and relieve stress: Yes, no, no, no
5. Lose 2 pounds:
Old 08-09-2013, 06:13 AM
FitDay Member

Thursday was a better day, not perfect but better. I just have to leave the room when the guys are eating junk. It helps to have a hobby where I can distract myself.
I spent the morning at the hospital getting blood work done and an ECG. Then I had a nurse explain the proceduce to look at my kidneys from inside. Then I had to see the anesthesiologist to see whether I will have a general or spinal anesthetic. The surgery is on the 29 of August . On Monday I have to go to the lab for fasting blood sugar. On the 18th is my nieces wedding. On the 20 I see my family Dr. for blood sugar, blood pressure and colesterol check up. In the midst of all this my husband and son are going through temporary job reasignments for an indetermanent period of time. I have been having crazy nightmares when I do get to sleep. I wish that August was over.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:53 AM
FitDay Member

Oh Libby that all sounds incredibly stressful. We are all here for you.

Jenn
Old 08-09-2013, 11:01 AM
FitDay Member

8 glasses of water per day: Y, Y,
8k walking per week: 2k
Calories under 1100 per day:800, 1052,

I will do my best to end the week better than it started. Congrats to all who are staying strong and losing. Hugs to all who are struggling.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:44 PM
FitDay Member

This week's goals:

1. Workout 3x, M-walk, T-Walk, W-walk, Th-Walk/Run, F-N
2. Eat 3 veg per day, M-1, T-4, W-4, Th-9 (yes that's correct-9), F-1 (better do an average for the week lol)
3. Do 3 (extra) chores per day, M-1, T- 1 very big one, W-3 (1 was plumbing yick), Th-3, F-0
4. 3 Lovingkindness meditations: M-Y, T-N. W-Y, Th-N, F-Y

It was a pretty lazy day. Didn't really accomplish anything. But got some readying done. Went and got supplies (paint, plumbing), printed some forms that I need to fill out, stuff like that.

Libby your August sounds very challenging. I hope that your exploratory surgery goes well. You need a plan to get through all this. Hugs to you!
Old 08-09-2013, 12:48 PM
FitDay Member

This welcome is for the anticipated arrival of stacyfrederick66. Hoping she will join our group.

Thanks to all who have posted kind words of support over our daughter's water damage and no homeowner's insurance. The roof is done and gutter work to be started hopefully Monday. Then onto restoring the kitchen ceiling and a new wall in the bathroom. After a rather unsettling week, DH and I enjoyed dinner out tonight and I stayed really well on track: grilled chicken, green beans, spinach based tossed salad with low carb ranch dressing I toted from home. Dessert was sugar free Jello and two one inch cubes of melon and one of fresh pineapple. Treated myself to a diet cola.

Robin, so glad to read of the improvement in your back and legs.

Renewed Soul, OMG, you certainly are getting the rain! Wishing you comfort and safety. Kudos on the downward trend on your scale. Oh, thanks for your encouragement on my loss last week.

Jenn, I know it's hard to think this is the lifestyle we will have forever. Some of our newer members may not know that some of us have done so, or are in the process of reversing our diabetes or pre-diabetes without medication. Mine has been normal through low carb diet with my doctor's supervision and FitDay support since 2011. My doc told me if I stick with a healthful diet, even though my family has a heavy history of type II diabetes, I may never develop full-blown diabetes. I'm not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm trying hard to broaden my low carb food selections so I don't get "bored out of" eating what's healthful for me, even though it about kills me sometimes to see what other people can have that I can't. It's certainly not easy, but when you think you could be on Metformin right now, give yourself high praise for your courage, convictions, and success.

Libby, I share your frustration. My DH buys tons of junk food for himself and the grandkids--lots of snack cakes, cookies, chips... OMG, honey, you have so much on your "life plate" right now with the medical and job issues and all the other stuff you have going on in August. You know our hearts (and prayers of we who are so inclined) are with you through it all.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:48 PM
FitDay Member

Might as well just starve myself for the next month...

Goals:

1. 3500 calories worth of exercise
M-415, T-256, W-549, Th-149, F-201
2. Under 2000 calories per day
M-2313, T-1477, W-1330, Th-1675, F-6892
3. Under 40g fat per day
M-44.2, T-31.7, W-34.2, Th-46.5, F-175.1
4. 3 fruit/veg per day
M-5, T-1, W-3, Th-4, F-11
5. 3 of something to be decided later - I'll make that house chores
W
Old 08-10-2013, 01:15 AM
FitDay Member

And the saga goes on. In September I have to see the eye surgeon about a cataract in my left eye. I had my right eye done several years ago and was amazed at the results. I am praying that we still have medical coverage for the surgery and new glasses. After 3 days of being good my weight is still up. We went to a movie last night and I watched my husband eat ice cream. My blood tests are on Monday so I am going to be good all week end. I hope that the regained weight will be gone by then. I want my Dr. to tell me that I am doing well.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:29 AM
FitDay Member

Aw, crud! I lost my long post AGAIN! But I know what I did today--I didn't compose and save it on NotePad first, but in the reply box. It didn't go through and I was unable to recover it, even with hitting the back button on the browser. I screw my post up sometimes when I think I'll have a short post, so go with the reply box composition and it turns into a long post. When will I ever LEARN?!

In short:

Ian, rooting you on and hope your Saturday report is more in line for calories and fat. Your fruit and veggie servings were great Friday. What did you eat yesterday? Peanut butter and banana ice cream with bacon bits? LOL

Libby: honey, I am so rooting you on with your medical issues doctor visit.

I have to go out to get a haircut and run errands. Will catch you all later.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:38 AM
FitDay Premium Member

It's the weekend and I see the sun out! Good luck everyone. The weekend is the most difficult time for me to stick with my goals.

Mern: I hate when I lose a post and have to write it all over again. Have a great weekend!

Libby: I will keep you in my prayers for your health issues. I hope your doctor compliments you for all your hard work on Monday.

Ian: It seems like Friday was a rough day for you on calories. No worries, you can make up for it in the next few days. Keep strong!

1. Post all food that enters my mouth: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
2. Walk 20 min. 5 out of the 7 days: No, yes, yes, no, no
3. Look for a walking buddy: live way out in the country, will be difficult to find one unless its at work; talking to teen daughter to see if she will be my buddy for night walks
4. Continue to try and relieve stress: Yes, no, no, no, yes
5. Lose 2 pounds:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.