Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-15-2013

Old 07-19-2013, 01:19 PM
FitDay Member

Friday update:

1. log food every day M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y, F=Y
2. keep calories between 1400-1600 M=1500, T=1400, W=1685, T=1432, F=1470
3. exercise on my lunch hour at least twice = 2 done

Nothing much to say. I'm hot, sweaty, and grouchy.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:35 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Robingen
You know, I miss Ian Steele. Due to time zones he would post between the time I went to bed and got up in the am (normally a quiet time on here). Where are you Ian Steele?
I'm just hiding in the shadows while its so hot outside. The high temperature is keeping exercise to a minimum and fatty foods are on the up with ice cream being the ideal way to cool down
Old 07-19-2013, 04:44 PM
FitDay Member

Grandson's wedding and reception were wonderful. Just two more family gatherings: one this Sunday with DH's sister and some of her family from Florida at a casual restaurant; and the other next week with two of my male cousins at a casual restaurant followed by dessert at my house. Great-granddaughter due to be born in about four weeks and at about six weeks of age she'll be baptized, so that'll be one more family function to attend. But I am blessed with wonderful family.

Ian, wishing you coolness, too. Oh, YOU'RE the one who told the mosquito joke. I relayed it to my DH and he got a good chuckle out of that.

Mel-Mc, great Friday report. Wishing you a cooler, drier, and happier Saturday.

Robin, DH went out and cooled down the car before we left, so I was comfortable even wearing the pantyhose. Luckily our parking spaces were close to the air conditioned church and reception hall, so I didn't get too hot. I tried a fat flush once with cucumber and ginger and it was nasty. I don't know if I can afford the carbs in the tangerine, but the cucumber, mint, and grapefruit sound quite inviting. I'll look up that recipe and see. Kudos on the calorie deficit and swimming--great way to both burn calories and stay cool.

Jenn, you gave me a good chuckle. I had to readjust in the ladies room, too-- control top pantyhose and the tummy control panel of my skirt. And it did take me about 10 minutes because when I adjusted the control panel on my skirt, it pulled my half slip down too low. And when I pulled the slip up, the control panel got puckered, But I finally got it right. I was grateful for the full length mirror in the ladies room to show me I looked smooth and the control panels did their jobs well.

Claire, welcome back to the eating right train!

Quinn, glad you made it to the winery. Hope you had a great sleep. I treated myself to a light beer tonight--and enjoyed every drop of it. I don't think I'd mind having my lower legs shaved by someone else, but I don't know if I could humble myself enough to allow my upper legs/thighs to be shaved by someone else. I think I'd rather look like a gorilla. LOL Shaving my legs isn't my favorite thing in the world, but enjoying aroma therapy of a scented candle while shaving my legs with hand/body lotion instead of shaving cream makes it less of a chore.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:56 AM
FitDay Member

Mern - LOL, not just the way the expression is usually used, I am actually Laughing Out Loud at your musings on shaving and ladies room adjustments!
Old 07-20-2013, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by iansteele
I'm just hiding in the shadows while its so hot outside. The high temperature is keeping exercise to a minimum and fatty foods are on the up with ice cream being the ideal way to cool down
We make our own ice-cream:
a cup of Greek yogurt,a ripe mango, a very ripe banana, half of a whole lime (organic, with peel), a tad of ground cinnamon or cardamom or cloves or a bit of each. Optional is 1 oz of coconut rum or a tablespoon or two of raisins. Blend everything - you may want to add the raisins at the end and leave them in bigger pieces. Mangoes are so sweet, you don't need any sugar. We have a primitive manual ice cream maker, but I imagine any kind will work. The most used appliance in our house in summer!
Old 07-20-2013, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

Supposed to be cooler today but it's still pretty humid!
Was able to weigh myself this morning and I'm up a pound and a half. I'm sure some of that is water weight because it has been so hot this week but I was hoping to be down a couple of pounds by the time I went to see the Dr. I have until August 6 to turn it around a little! I thought I was eating healthy but we have been eating convenience foods a lot lately because it's too hot to cook.

Happy weekend everyone
Jenn
Old 07-20-2013, 02:25 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Have a good weekend everyone!

1. Research five different ways to relieve stress: Yes Tai chi, Yes Deep Breathing, Yes listening to music
Tai chi: A gentle way to fight stress - MayoClinic.com
Stress management: Breathing exercises for relaxation
Music and Stress Relief - How To Use Music For Stress Relief
2. Log in all food intake: Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Stay under 1,200 calories a day: Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Walk 5 out of the 7 days this week: Mon., Tues., Thurs., Friday
5. Lose 2 pounds: Thinking positive
Old 07-20-2013, 02:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by iansteele

One word for that Ian: Watermelon.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:56 AM
FitDay Member

calories under 1,100: M-903 T-1138 W-766 T-937 F-2000
exercise 7k: 1k, 1k, 2k, 2k, No, 2.5k
water 8 glasses:Y, Y, Y, Y, Y,
Yesterday started out very hot and humid and then we had an awful storm .
Our power went off and by 7pm it still wasn't back on so DH and I went out to dinner and a movie in the city. Today the air temperature has cooled down to a comfortable 26 C and I am going to exercise in comfort. Have a good week end.

Last edited by libby116; 07-20-2013 at 05:14 AM.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:12 AM
FitDay Member

Mern I have no idea how one would calculate the carbs or the calories for that matter in the water. But it is infused water which means that the nutrients from the ingredients have been soaked in the water (including the peels which are very impt.) So it would definitely be way less carbs than in the ingredients themselves. Surely someone has researched this.

The water tastes "ok" it is definitely not great......you can taste everything in it. I have abandoned the idea of waist measurement as I can't seem to do this in reliable way.

Like you Jenn I have these peek a boo batteries in my scale lol, sometimes they work and sometimes not. I am now 1.6 pounds from my goal. Inching down to the magic number. Reducing my reliance on Fitday.

Libby there were power outages here too although it rarely seems to go out at my house. Glad to hear that the storm cooled things down, it did not cool things down here but the forecast is more seasonable after today.

Renewed soul, you are so dedicated! And you are rocking the plan. I hope you get your desired loss.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.