Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-1-2013 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-1-2013

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-1-2013

Old 07-04-2013, 10:41 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, aysehoca, and congrats for deciding to get back to your diet.. Yep, when you've had a "fail" day, just jump right in the next day. I also try to analyze the situation and come up with a plan for how to deal with a similar situation in the future. It doesn't always work, but I am getting better with dealing with various situations and temptations. The next time you crave carbs (or were you craving sugar?), what can you do instead? Figure it out now while you're "sane" (craving free). Maybe keep some better alternatives than cake and cookies around to satisfy those carb cravings.

I do better in the summer as well. When it's warm I don't want to eat as much and I feel like exercising. It seems like when it's cold, I should want to move more to keep warm, but I guess I just feel like hibernating.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Quinn, I guess I should be embarrassed. I KNEW what mofo meant.
Hi Mern!

Yes, that poor boy has been my daughter's best friend since Kindergarten, kind of like one of my own kids. For some reason, about half of my nurses and all of my doctors were male, so that pretty much sucked all of my pride away. Out of the 3 of us, I think my shy daughter was the most mortified of all of us! lol

Happy to hear that you're having a reprieve from the heat. Here it
has been absolutely perfect- sunny and around 80 each day for a week... ideal walking weather.

Well, time to get moving as siesta #2 is over and my iPad is just about dead. If it wasn't for this IPad, I would have gone nuts! Going to the fireworks tonight for a little while and I can't help but think how grateful I am to have had the fortunate outcome that I have. Kind of makes you grateful for even the smallest of things...

Enjoy your evening with gusto all!

Quinn
Old 07-04-2013, 11:26 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Well it's the 4th and I rushed in here to post. I am trying to stick to my vegan nutrion today. However, my husband is outside cooking chicken, steaks, and hot dogs on the grill for everyone, which is making my tummy grumble. Hopefully, I can stay strong. I have made it 9 weeks without meat, gluten, wheat, or dairy, so I surely can make it one more day.

Nice to meet you aysehoca and good luck with your goals! I try not to think of my new way of eating as a diet but a new way of living. I am going to continue eating healthy the rest of my life. Sometimes eating is a mind set. My mom always says to eat to live not live to eat. Good luck!

Good luck everyone today and happy 4th of July!

Week's goals:

1. Stay under 1,200 calories daily Yes, Yes, Yes
2. Log in everything I eat or drink Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Behave and do not eat anything that goes against my vegan diet on July 4th; only drink water Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Follow the goals above and do not mess up once this week on them Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Lose 2 pounds or more Crossing fingers and toes!
Old 07-04-2013, 11:55 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for the week
Calories under 1,100 a day: M-877 T-957 W-985 T-957
Water 6 glasses a day: Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes,
Exercise 5K for the week: M-1.5k T-1.6k W-1.75 HW
I am going to try for two pounds this week.

Today went well. My food choices were great for eating at the mall. I asked for the chicken skewers and vegetable salad without the rice, potatoes or nan bread. I couldn't eat it all. For supper I had fish and more mixed vegetables. For exercise I kept busy doing house work so I had a good day.
Thank you to my angels for the encouraging words and hugs. Keep strong.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:17 PM
FitDay Member

Goals

#1: Log once a day only (at night). M-N, T-Y, W-Y. Th-Y

#2: Weigh myself only once per week. M-Y, T-Y, W-Y, Th-Y (still no battery lol)

#3: 3 workouts this week (exclude walking challenge), M-N, T-Lap Swim, W-weights at the gym and "yoga in the Garden", Th-Lap swim DONE

Personal goals:

1. Reduce computer time, M-Y, T-Y, W-Y, Th-Y
2. Start cleaning up the house, >1 bag per day. M-Y, T-Y, W-Y. Th- 6 Bags (4 donation, 2 garbage, mostly Large clothes)
3. Read more, M-Y, T-yes, W-N, Th-I will before bed

Walking challenge: 10 miles by Sunday. M-3m, T-2m. W-1m, Th-1m

Ian it was too hot to walk here (32 celcius today) also but I am getting a small walk in either early in the day or late in the day. So, as you see it is adding up.

Mike how will you feel if you can't do weights if you hurt your back, for ____ sakes be careful.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:07 PM
FitDay Member

Thursday Update #2

Goals:

1. log food every day M-yes T - yes W - yes Th - yes
2. keep calories between 1400-1600 M-1530 T-1480 W - 1750 Th - 1612
3. exercise on my lunch hour at least twice 1 done

I haven't gone over today after all. I got suspicious of the fact that my memory of the calories in corn was so far off from what FitDay put in. I dug the package out of the trash and found their calculation was 1/3 of what I had in my log. Once I adjusted that number I came in at the upper end of my calorie range.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:04 PM
FitDay Member

I have had the same experience with fit day calculations for calories. If I know the calorie count from a box I try to adjust the fit day count by reducing or increasing the portion size to match the package count. Some times I can't find the exact item that I ate and I try to find something else that is close to the right count. We do the best we can.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

Mern, I was wondering if anyone would catch my fruit/nut joke.

Quinniepoo, really... you didn't know what it meant?

Robin, I went back to the gym today and lifted. I took some Aleve and felt better. I just need to be more careful because I'd rather not have surgery.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:59 PM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE=carolynnq;100601]Welcome, aysehoca, and congrats for deciding to get back to your diet.. Yep, when you've had a "fail" day, just jump right in the next day. I also try to analyze the situation and come up with a plan for how to deal with a similar situation in the future. It doesn't always work, but I am getting better with dealing with various situations and temptations. The next time you crave carbs (or were you craving sugar?), what can you do instead? Figure it out now while you're "sane" (craving free). Maybe keep some better alternatives than cake and cookies around to satisfy those carb cravings.

Thank you very much carolynnq. What you wrote was very encouraging. It's a very good idea that I should have a plan for dealing with cravings for carbs. I'll definitely look into that and see what I can do next time. What my dietitian does, she gives me half a day off after a week of dieting, and lets me eat whatever I like (w/o exaggerating the intake of carbs of course). I actually store lots of cookies, cakes, etc. in the freezer for that day and exaggerate However, I agree w/ you.I should store better alternatives and decrease the amount of carbs I'm having on that day I'll definitely let you know about my next off time and how my week goes (starting today for me).Thank you for your support again.

Last edited by aysehoca; 07-04-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:10 PM
FitDay Member

RenewedSoul, thank you. Nice to meet you too. I agree w/ you and I should remind myself more that this should be a way of living, rather than just dieting. Good luck on losing 2 pounds! Keep us informed)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.