Notices

The Un-diet plan, 2lbs week challenge

Old 06-27-2013, 11:48 AM
FitDay Member

Smile The Un-diet plan, 2lbs week challenge

I have been doing low carb for years and have found recenlty that I cannot make myself stick to it so today I am starting my own plan. It is called the Un-diet. Basically I will eat healthy and whatever I want. I will have a 1000 per day deficit of calories which will give 2 pounds per week of loss. My current goal is by October 24th to lose 34 pounds.
current weight 274
goal by 10/24/13 is 240lbs

Basically I will log all food for each day. I have been using a body bug so I know I burn 2500 calories per day average. so I will be eating 1500 calories per day. take vitamines, drink alot of water, half my body weight in water per day/137 oz of water. I will workout 5 or 6 days per week.

I am eating healthy with balanced meals. I do not plan on eating anything white if it is possible, potatoes,rice, etc. mostly veggies, protien, fruit and complex carbs. If i warok out heavier one day I will add some extra calories. I pray that this works otherwise I will have to go back to low carb. If i want desert I will plan for it and that way I can have whatever I want....

If you want to join me with your plan or if you want to try this plan. Mostly lets support each other and keep each other accountable.

donna
Old 07-01-2013, 11:53 AM
FitDay Member

I cannot believe so many people have read this post and no one will join me, no one wants to buddy up on weight loss goals???
donna
Old 07-31-2013, 07:28 PM
FitDay Member

Hi, Donna! I'd be happy to join you. I do share your approach, which has worked best for me in the past: no special "diets," just eating mostly healthy foods, tracking calories in/out and maintaining a steady daily/weekly calorie deficit to get it done.

But I would need to go at a slightly different pace. About 1.5 lbs./wk (~ 750 cal. deficit) is more reasonable for me, much as I would like to lose more quickly. That tends to mean eating 1100-1500 calories depending on how much I exercise. I guess at the 1.5 lbs./wk rate, I will be aiming to drop from 166.5 lbs. now to 155 by Oct. 24.

Exercise/fitness is a big part of my goals, too. Over the past 3 years, I've not only gained about 35-40 unwanted pounds, but also fell off the fitness wagon in a big way, and had started feeling achy, sluggish and unhealthy. Have not yet lost much weight, but am starting to get back into a routine with running, yoga and strength training, and am getting to the point where exercise feels good instead of just a struggle. Small victories!
Old 08-01-2013, 08:03 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default I'll Join the Un-diet

Hi my name is Michelle and I totally agree with the un-diet idea. I am looking for a lifestyle change. I'm in!

I just started a 10 week challenge with a group of people in my neighborhood. My biggest issue is moving more.

My goals: Starting weight 215
Lose 20 pounds by October 5 (that is my end of 10 weeks (2lbs a week)
Calorie deficit-1100 calories per day (1500 goal for the day)
Workout 5-6 days a week for minimum of 1 hour - but be sure to stretch everyday.

My first week I lost 1.6 lbs. and increased my muscle mass by 1% and lowered my body fat % by 1. So overall I am pleased with my first week.

Hope we see more join in the group.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:10 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Donna
I'm in too - though I am aiming for 1 lb a week. Started 3 weeks ago and have lost 4.5 lbs - i know you always lose more the first couple of weeks, so I'm on target. Am aiming to go from 195 to 135 by this time next summer. I'm doing low-carb - "Primal Blueprint" plan though I am having trouble getting enough exercise. I live in Florida but I'm up north till Sept 1. When I get back to Florida, I'm buying a treadmill. That's the only device i've used with any success. Will keep you all posted.
Pam

Last edited by Kearneypd; 08-06-2013 at 06:16 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-06-2013, 11:20 PM
FitDay Member

Hi, Michelle and Pam! Congrats to all on your progress so far!

Since it's been almost a week, I thought I'd check in with some observations:

Running is going well, doing 3 mi./day consistently. A couple times I've come up short on energy, but I still go 3 miles, just with some walk breaks as needed.

Energy levels, focus and sleep schedule have been completely erratic, though. Losing weight always makes me a bit tired overall even if I'm not hungry. My calorie counts were all over the place the first few days too, but I'm getting more consistent and less hungry. I've tended to eat too much sugar (specifically candy), but have still stayed near my calorie goals most days and have lost about a pound; perhaps reducing sugar will help somewhat with the fatigue.

In any case, I'm glad to be headed in the right direction and looking forward to more positive results! How's everyone else doing?
Old 08-07-2013, 08:33 AM
FitDay Member

Great job ladies on your un-diets. I would like to join you for 1 lb/ .07 stone as a goal per week. I already exercise every day except Sunday alternating strength training with cardio, but eat a lot to override any weight loss benefit. My undiet will be a grand effort to give up over processed and prepackaged foods. Sugar and flour, going along with Donna's white foods ban. Potato chips are vegan and have potassium and other vitamins and minerals...and tons of calories, arrggghhh
How do you know how much muscle mass you gained?
I will check in next Wed.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:29 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Weekly Update

Today was weigh in and I am still going in the right direction! Whew!!

Down 1.8 lbs (3.4 lbs so far)
Body Fat% - down 1% and Muscle Mass% went up .05%

Overall I have lost 4.5 inches all over my body in the last two weeks.

I will keep doing what I am doing and increase my exercise with weights.

Hope you all are having a good week.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:05 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, topspally! Are you vegan? Me too (not for weight loss, have been for years). I'm not even going to try to eliminate processed or white foods.

And mmbrown, that's awesome!
Old 08-09-2013, 08:17 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Jflamingfeet,
Your running sounds like the perfect thing for you, good for you for keeping motivated and strong.
I am a vegan off and on, I try not to be so strict with it that if I eat something by mistake I will get sick or be upset about it. I like to eat and can eat twice as much if I eat vegan...only thing is I want to stop doing that and only eat what will keep me at optimal weight.
I am doing well today and am about to go for another walk after I log in my food.
Go Un-Dieters, Go :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.