Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 6-24 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 6-24

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 6-24

Old 06-25-2013, 03:30 AM
FitDay Member

Okay, my 3 goal is going to be 3 cups of green tea a day starting today. (It took me that long to think of one - I'm slow!) It rained yesterday and when I saw 80% chance of rain for today, I figured the outdoor pool where I swim would be closed. I woke up to rain today. Called the pool at 6 am and they were open! There were 7 people swimming when I got there at 6:15. No slackers around here! I haven't swum in the rain since I was a kid.

Hi there, Joanna. I guess I joined after you had left.

Hope, I'm SO glad to see you back here.

Claire - glad that you're keeping up with the swimming.
-----
Goals:
1. Avg under 1400/day calories for week 1412
2. Avg 45-min day extra movement 65
3. No white flour, sugar foods N (my husband wanted cookies and I couldn't [DIDN'T] resist)
4. 3 cups of green tea daily

Last edited by carolynnq; 06-25-2013 at 03:37 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Strong start. You should crush your 1/2. Do you have a time goal?
Mike, it is my first half, in response to your previous question - I'm pretty nervous about it, but I'm sure it'll be fine . I don't have a time goal per se, just to finish without stopping. But ideally, I'd love to see under 2:30. I think that's a very doable goal for me, since my pace is usually pretty good if it's not too hot, but I'm just not sure how the the increasing distance will affect my pace.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:09 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Mike, it is my first half, in response to your previous question - I'm pretty nervous about it, but I'm sure it'll be fine . I don't have a time goal per se, just to finish without stopping. But ideally, I'd love to see under 2:30. I think that's a very doable goal for me, since my pace is usually pretty good if it's not too hot, but I'm just not sure how the the increasing distance will affect my pace.
Is it a flat course? Are there many water, Gu or salt stations? 2:30 isn't bad. My fastest was 2:45 (I think) but I can't even run a 100 yards without stopping and gasping for air so you should be fine. What's the name of the race? If it's a fairly big race with a lot of spectators, you'll be so energized you won't know what's come over you. My first 1/2 was a pretty emotional experience.

Oh I forgot to mention that I was pretty busy taking pics and updating the 7 day thread on my progress so you really should have nothing to worry about. For me, the most important thing was to start off slow, very slow. I try to walk the first mile before I even attempt to job because if I start too fast I get leg cramps or I guess it may have been shin splints. Not sure but it hurt like hell.

A couple things I've learned... Body Glide is the shiznit and if you are think you may get a blister, get some mole skin. The time before last I had a monster blister, it made for a miserable race.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 06-25-2013 at 04:18 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:22 AM
FitDay Member

• Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 879
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 281
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 0
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 48
  • Sugar < 50 g / day: 44
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 60
I had no idea two oz of cheese would pop the cholesterol limit!
And so much for more veggies...

Glad to see all the activity here this week!

BTW, I need to just fogetabout less sugar this week -- it's a mine field: I'll be taking delivery of 125 cupcakes on Friday, for some parties I'm hosting over the weekend, and I'm sure it will be all downhill from there. I've got an obligation to make sure those cupcakes are good, right? Flavors: Chocolate, spice & lemon.
Yes, parties, plural. Including a buffet Saturday of some healthy and not so healthy items.
I am crazy.

Last edited by dmartz; 06-25-2013 at 05:28 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:49 AM
FitDay Member

>500 calories worth of exercise each day
M-458, T-183
<2500 calories from alcohol for the week
M-0, T-0
>2500 calories difference for the week
M-1624, T-1305
<40g fat per day
M-35.4, T-46.6

Walking challenge accpeted - but I'll be lazy and join the other procrasinators later in the week.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:39 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, I have not tried the Fiber One cereal line. I'm the only one in my household that eats cereal (or uses milk, for that matter), and I don't eat it every day. Therefore, a box of cereal lasts a couple of weeks. I'll give it a go on my next cereal purchase, though -- should be about another week or two . Thanks for the recommendation!

And I still don't have a 3-fer goal. I'm such a slacker!

Originally Posted by dmartz
...Glad to see all the activity here this week! ...
Agree!

Say, Donna, I thought perhaps you could freeze the cupcakes, but after doing some quick research, I guess that's not a very good idea. Especially if they are already frosted. Another thought -- if they really are a temptation, can someone else in the family hide them? Otherwise, paint for yourself the mental image of the dog (or whatever) licking them. Just a dog sniffing them would be enough for me . And if you don't have a dog (I don't), imagine the bakers/delivery people making/handling them with dirty, nasty, unwashed hands. Ick!

Ok, Ian, I Google-Translated your sig and I *still* don't get it. Translation, please? Great job on the deficit, by the way. You've exceeded your goal and it's only Tuesday!
Old 06-25-2013, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by episode2011
Ok, Ian, I Google-Translated your sig and I *still* don't get it. Translation, please? Great job on the deficit, by the way. You've exceeded your goal and it's only Tuesday!
Maybe the Grim Reaper is an avid reader?
Old 06-25-2013, 08:16 AM
FitDay Member

So I got my second swim of the week in and, overall, I'm quite pleased. No crawl/freestyle but I did 10 laps (500 yards) of breaststroke. My first 500 of any kind since I was 19 and had to do a 10 min or less freestyle 500 every month to keep my job (I used to lifeguard).
Old 06-25-2013, 12:08 PM
FitDay Member

It said: Always read something that will make you look good incase you die while reading it.

I was reading an economics book in Korean and came accross the quote (don't ask why it was in an economics book) so thought I should use it temporarily.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:58 PM
FitDay Member

Ian welcome to the walking challenge. Hopefully you won't really start on Sunday!

Kocia, I am kinda surprised that you want to do this given what you are doing so far but hey good for ya!

Mike, glad you are taking a more measured approach, really, don't hurt yourself there are spammers to be banned (EVERY A.M.- Yuck).

For those who are struggling with health issues (Tori, Libby. Hope?) that are holding you back, hugs to ya! Do what you can.

Hey Donna you could at least have some veggies with that cheese! GOOD LUCK with the cupcakes.

Goals:

1. 3 workouts this week: M-N, T-Swim
2. 3 vegs/day: M-3, T-5
3. Omega 3 everyday: M-Y, T-Y
4. >3k calorie deficit this week: M- 811, T-1189

Walking Challenge: Sadly only 2 miles in so far.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.