Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7-Day Motivational Thread 06.17 thru 06.23----NO EXCUSES! >

7-Day Motivational Thread 06.17 thru 06.23----NO EXCUSES!

Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 06.17 thru 06.23----NO EXCUSES!

Old 06-21-2013, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

Update on this week's goals:
· Calorie average under 1800
M- 1724, T -1602, W - 1788, Thu - 1976

· In addition to what I normally do exercise-wise, one extra physical activity this week.
M - no - the week is still young, no? T - no, gotta check out youtube - thanks for the tip Carolyn! , W - no , but planned a Saturday hike, Thu - 3.5 miles walk, part of the Walking Challenge

Old 06-21-2013, 04:53 AM
FitDay Member

Kocia - have fun on your hike tomorrow!

Donna - I think the hard part is letting our heads take the lead when our emotions hit - the emotions just overpower everything. And, when I emotional binge eat, I'm not really enjoying what I'm eating, it's just a compulsion.

RenewedSoul - It's so easy to gain a pound that I've come to see not gaining weight as positive - whether it's losing weight or staying the same. Some people apparently hit plateaus when they lose a certain amount of weight, often around 10%. I went from 173 to 150, right on plan, losing 1-2 pounds a week. Then, even though I was eating the same way and getting the same amount of exercise, I stopped losing. The theory seems to be that when we lose a certain amount of weight, our body gets worried that we might be starving and slows down our metabolism to stop further weight loss. After maintaining that weight for a while, our body realizes everything is okay, and lets us lose again. After being at 150 for several weeks, I was finally able to get down to 145 - now I've been there for weeks. But despite my slowdown in weight loss, I know I'm healthier - and that was the main goal of losing weight.

-------
1. 45 min extra movement a day (avg over week) 35, 65, 50, 65
2. avg 1400 calories or less 1307, 1359, 1125, 1296
3. avoid white flour, sugar items Y, Y, N (one piece of chocolate), Y
Old 06-21-2013, 05:03 AM
FitDay Member

Today's off with a swim. Second one this week!!!!!

ETA: I made my swimming goal plus one lap! Go me.

1. Get myself down to the pool and register! [done!]
2. Log all food and activities. [So far, so good]
3. Swim at least 5 laps at least twice this week (Starting small, aim to improve.) [Tuesday: 3 laps breast stroke, 2 laps freestyle/crawl. Today: 3 laps breast stroke, 3 laps freestyle/crawl]

I'm feeling good!

Last edited by ClaireS89; 06-21-2013 at 05:55 AM.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:43 AM
FitDay Member

Yeah Claire- you are doing so good. Of course you feel good, swimming is so awesome!

And Kocia, for starting late you are really going to be caught up with the walking. I'm probably not going to make it to 10 miles this week but I still plan to walk tomorrow and Sunday (and I did today).

Renewed soul......that's great doing that extra walking at games. I find everyone's challenge is different as far as exercise, some are too busy, some are sick or have no motivation. Good for you for finding a way!

Some people have been posting about being disappointed with their weight loss and I just want to put in my 2 cents. Lots of people lose a lot at first and then the weight loss slows to a snail's pace crawl with some ups and downs (right Carolyn?). That's why this has to be a complete lifestyle change, otherwise you will just want to quit when the weightloss slows down. There is no magical solution. Your weightloss will slow down. I'm happy to lose 2 pounds/month at this point. As Carolyn explained it's probably a lot to do with set point theory. It saddens me to see people giving up on themselves when they lose patience. What is the alternative? How many of us have been there, going back to our old ways and gaining the weight back? Make a permanent lifestyle change. You are worth it. Your health is worth it. For your children, pets, grandchildren, spouse etc you are worth it!
Old 06-21-2013, 12:54 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1. Rolling average <1400 cals: M-1274, T-1209, W-1169, T-1124, F-1171
2. 1 green tea/day: M-Y, T-Y, W-Y, Th-Y, F-Y
3. Increase Omega 3: M-Y, T-Y, W-Y, Th-Y, F-Y
4. Do some kinda exercise this week: M-walked 1.5k, T-lap swim, W-walk 2K, Th-N, F-walked 1.5k

Donna it sounds as though you have come to a difficult and painful realization. At least it was only one day of "eating your feelings"- hope you are back on track.

Well I am making potato scallop for tomorrow's barbecue......I don't really like potatoes so that will work well. I am going to also make a quinoa taboulah so I have a healthy choice (as there may not be many healthy choices there!).
Old 06-21-2013, 01:23 PM
FitDay Member

I think I can officially say that I am addicted to reading your posts.

So true about how easy it is to give up when rewards get smaller.

We said "No excuses", remember?

Update:

Update on this week's goals:
· Calorie average under 1800
M- 1724, T -1602, W - 1788, Thu - 1976, Fri - 1875 (darn!)

· In addition to what I normally do exercise-wise, one extra physical activity this week.
M - no - T - no, W - no Thu - 3.5 miles walk, part of the Walking Challenge, Fri - 4.02 miles walk, Total so far: 7.52

I went to the dentist today and I always walk part of the way there, so today's miles are not exactly an additional activity - I would have walked them anyway, even without the walking challenge, but I'll accept them if nobody objects...
Old 06-21-2013, 01:54 PM
FitDay Member

Claire - that's fantastic that you added an extra lap already!

Originally Posted by Robingen
... It saddens me to see people giving up on themselves when they lose patience. What is the alternative? How many of us have been there, going back to our old ways and gaining the weight back? Make a permanent lifestyle change. You are worth it. Your health is worth it. For your children, pets, grandchildren, spouse etc you are worth it!
Well said!
Old 06-21-2013, 04:03 PM
FitDay Member

Robin, Carolynn,

Thanks for the support, I really feel like it helps. It seems like everyone is doing so well. Keep up the good work!
Old 06-21-2013, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

Just checking in to see who's in line and who's straying. I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:44 PM
FitDay Member

I must admit I am also addicted to this board and that's a good thing. Each morning I weigh myself,and get on here to log in my food and sleep. Several times through out the day I log in my food and activity. You guys keep me focused and on the right track. Enjoy the day and do something that you want to do. I will post again tonight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.