Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting May 20 - Stay Strong!

Old 05-23-2013, 12:43 AM
FitDay Member

• Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 1218, 1266, 890
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 65, 95, 48
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 2, 2, 6
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 54, 53, 42
  • Sugar < 50 g / day: 53, 59, 35
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 60, 10, 60
Worked out. Vegged out. Feel Great.

Mike: Your spices have sugar? My bottle of cayenne only has pepper! (Well most of my herbs I get from my small garden, but my saffron comes from Penzey's.) Um, I guess you meant condiments, because if your spices have sugar, you're using the wrong spices!

Robin: I looked online for a Fiddlehead shipper, and they only wanted $10 per pound, but the shipping fee was outrageous. I'm going to stick with my lettuce! Though I bet there's a grocery around here somewhere that carries them.

- Donna
Old 05-23-2013, 12:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lilbits120
Fresh asparagus will soon be available in Ontario. I boil it and eat it naked.
You know what I mean. My weight is coming back down after the long weekend binge and I was doing so well too. Does any one drink green tea cold? How do you make it taste good? I want a go to drink for the hot summer weather coming our way.
I drink lots of tea, hot, cold and tepid. I prefer black tea over green though. In the summer I use one 'Mixed Berry' Twinnings w/ two English Breakfast or Liptons for a pitcher of iced tea. When we pick berries I use some of those, or peaches pureed. (But I must admit I like Bellinis better.)
- Donna
Old 05-23-2013, 01:02 AM
FitDay Member

Carbs would have been over yesterday but had soup and salad for dinner. Low on calories as I didn't eat much.
7 glasses of water. 3 servings of fruits and veggies.
Weighed myself and I'm down 2lbs since last Wed. Must be all the water I'm drinking and I'm eating less. By the time summer is in full swing I hope to lose more.

Jenn
Old 05-23-2013, 01:23 AM
FitDay Member

Jezzie, everyone in my family loved popcorn but we all gave it up when my son got braces (solidarity and all that). Once the braces came off, we tried it again but, for me at least, I found it kept getting "caught". Frustrating and painful. Perhaps I should try huskless/kernel-less. Popcorn is a healthy snack, in addition to being downright fun to eat. Thanks for the tips on prep!

Even with the pretzels, you're doing great this week, Carolynn!!! Keep it up!

Congrats on your loss, Jenn! 90 degrees and no A/C? Yikes! I do not do well with heat or sweating. I'd have to live in the shower.

Wow, Mike, that diet is intense! So that's your secret, eh? It seems like it takes a lot of self-discipline to adhere to it. Heh I'd have been out on Day 3, what with the 10 glasses of water () AND no coffee! Question: aren't crawfish basically little, bitty lobsters? Would they be on The List?

Donna, 18 months logging? Impressive! That's dedication.

Even though fiddleheads grew behind my house (moved from that house probably 15 years ago), I never paid much attention to them and had no idea they had such a short lifecycle, Robin! I'm pretty sure I haven't seen any around here (we don't live near a forest) and I can't recall seeing them in the regular supermarkets. There are a few organic supermarkets nearby; perhaps they have some. I'm intrigued now. What other vegetable do they resemble, tastewise?

Whatever they taste like, I'm sure they're fantastic with "gobs of butter", Lilbits (hehe). Hey, just about everything tastes better with butter... or bacon.

You're tearing it up, Donna! Love that line, "vegged out". Gave me a chuckle!

As for me...

Goals for the Week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!): yes, yes, yes
  • At least 2000ml water per day: 2000, 2000, 2000
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average between 1200-1550 calories: 1319, 1349, 1372
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average between 800-1300mg sodium: 903, 876, 886
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average of at least 16g fiber: 23, 23, 22
  • Some sort of physical activity 4x during the week: M=Tai Chi/Yoga, T=Taiko Class, W=Tai Chi ---- (3/4)
  • Study every day: yes, yes, yes
Chugging right along. Nothing out of the ordinary so far this week. Sending (((hugs))) and best wishes to Hope and to our friends who haven't had a chance to post yet this week.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Carbs would have been over yesterday but had soup and salad for dinner. Low on calories as I didn't eat much.
7 glasses of water. 3 servings of fruits and veggies.
Weighed myself and I'm down 2lbs since last Wed. Must be all the water I'm drinking and I'm eating less. By the time summer is in full swing I hope to lose more.

Jenn
Go Jenn! Hold(!) the(!) line(!)

I've got to say that the only way I stayed so low cal yesterday is by saying 'No, Thanks' when someone came by my desk yesterday around 3 and offered me a Butterfinger. I love Butterfingers!
Old 05-23-2013, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

Week 1 goals:

Less than 1500 calories per day, under 10 000 for the week.
Log all exercise to set a proper goal for week 2

Daily Progress (Wednesday):

1467 Calories
250 situps (wasn't as hard as I thought it would be)

Weekly Progress:

5375 Calories
1.5 miles walked
250 situps
Old 05-23-2013, 03:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by iansteele

...250 situps
Holy moley!!! My abs hurt just thinking about that! Well, now we know where the "steel" in Iansteele comes from!
Old 05-23-2013, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

Haha

It was 5 sets of 50 spread out over about 3 hours so it wasn't too hard. And I needed to make ammends for my 2800 calories from Tuesday.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:20 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dmartz
  • Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 1218, 1266, 890
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 65, 95, 48
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 2, 2, 6
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 54, 53, 42
  • Sugar < 50 g / day: 53, 59, 35
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 60, 10, 60
Worked out. Vegged out. Feel Great.

Mike: Your spices have sugar? My bottle of cayenne only has pepper! (Well most of my herbs I get from my small garden, but my saffron comes from Penzey's.) Um, I guess you meant condiments, because if your spices have sugar, you're using the wrong spices!
But condiments could be mustard, mayo, etc. I guess I should have said seasonings but that sounds funny.

Originally Posted by episode2011
Wow, Mike, that diet is intense! So that's your secret, eh? It seems like it takes a lot of self-discipline to adhere to it. Heh I'd have been out on Day 3, what with the 10 glasses of water () AND no coffee! Question: aren't crawfish basically little, bitty lobsters? Would they be on The List?
Crawfish do look like little lobster... but they taste better. The problem is that the mix that's used to boil them has a ton of sodium and will wreck any diet. Besides that when you boil crawfish you have to throw in everything, including the kitchen sink (potatoes, mushrooms, corn on the cob, sausage, onions, lemon, etc). Since hardly any of it is on the plan, I might as well just skip it.

Originally Posted by iansteele
Week 1 goals:

Less than 1500 calories per day, under 10 000 for the week.
Log all exercise to set a proper goal for week 2

Daily Progress (Wednesday):

1467 Calories
250 situps (wasn't as hard as I thought it would be)

Weekly Progress:

5375 Calories
1.5 miles walked
250 situps
was that 250 situps at one time?
Old 05-23-2013, 03:26 AM
Super Moderator

I guess I should finally make some goals. I haven't been to the gym in a while so I'll focus on that.

1) work out 3 times no, yes
2) bench press my body weight for 10 reps no, didn't think about it b/c I just made that goal)
3) pull up my WT britches and start doing squats again no, didn't think about it b/c I just made that goal)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.