Notices

Total Gym

Old 04-29-2010, 06:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by farahb7
i checked the site and OMG the price is amazing!!!!!! and the ship to Canada as well, so that is really nice too! how long have you had this machine
farr1022? i want to know how durable this is, and since i'm not familiar exercising using this equipments, does it come with a DVD or anything?
I have had it for almost a year and it gets a fair amount of use with no problems. It comes with a fold out exercise guide that is helpful. To find demonstrations of the exercises in video form, go to youtube and search "total gym exercises" and you will get dozens of videos with instructions.

I would say try it and if you hate it you are only out $159!
Old 04-30-2010, 11:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by farr1022
I have had it for almost a year and it gets a fair amount of use with no problems. It comes with a fold out exercise guide that is helpful. To find demonstrations of the exercises in video form, go to youtube and search "total gym exercises" and you will get dozens of videos with instructions.

I would say try it and if you hate it you are only out $159!
mother day is just around the corner, should start sending the clues.
i will try it, either this one or the real deal, been lookin and reading about it for while, it's time to get it. thanks for your help!
Old 05-01-2010, 12:11 AM
FitDay Member

Default It is exactly what they advertise.

I have had one for over 10 years! Always kept me firm and extrealy range of motion. Over the past 5 years my job kept me on the road and I got real lazy and put on 40 lbs. I have lost 1 lb. per week by watching what I eat and working out 30 min. a day, 15 to 20 on the Total Gym and 15 to 20 on the Nordic Track Cross Country. Slow and steady and you have to feel a little hungry all the time to lose weight. 1 lb per week is perfect for everyone. You put in on over time, you have to take it off over time.....no qick remedy to losing weight........tt
Old 07-05-2017, 12:51 AM
FitDay Member

I've had the same issue: lots of reviews but no "real" opinion.
So I checked the total gyms out myself and did my own (trustworthy) review on my blog tomlikesbest.com.

The gist of it: I bought one and I would recommend it. As with everything, it's more important how often you use it than which exact one you buy.
I decided on the GTS though and I'm very happy with it.

In my blog you'll also find some videos and links to exercises you can do on the total gym.