Notices

Grouping foods into Meals

Old 05-15-2013, 10:46 AM
FitDay Member

Default Grouping foods into Meals

Hi,

Is there any way in which to indicate meals (including times) instead fo just listing all foods eaten throughout the day?

I would like to show my breakfast, lunch dinner, snacks, supper etc and the time I've eaten in order to further analyse my eating habits.

Can this be done?

Thanks,
gerard.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:12 AM
FitDay Member

Is there seriously no way to tag the daily food log into meal groupings?

Major shortcoming in the software if this is correct...
Old 07-29-2013, 09:17 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Grouping foods into Meals

I also lament this lack of functionality. I have been able to sort-of workout my meal planning by creating headers for meal groupings in custom foods and putting them in as a meal item.

I would be able to run reports on the best meals/worst meals by groupings but alas, I have been unable to figure out a better way to do this myself yet.

---breakfast---
Skim milk
Plum
Toast
Butter
---snack---
Apple
---lunch---
beef udon soup
---snack---
Veges and dip
---dinner---
Spinach Salad
Shrimp Skewer
---snack---
Tims Double Double

Hope this helps and perhaps motivates the developers to add this type of functionality.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:11 AM
FitDay Member

I think it's the best way - as it is now. Why - the problem is mind, the better way is to drop the old habits - too much occupied with recipes... and constantly thinking only about food.
Just my 2 cents...

---------------------------

Age 48, Height 5' 3"
Start date: April 22, 2013

Start weight: 150 lbs/68 kg
Current weight: 123.4 lbs/56 kg
Goal - build muscle & lower body fat
Old 07-30-2013, 03:47 AM
FitDay Member

I like the way this site is set up. In most nutrition classes, the first thing they tell you to do is just write down in list form everything you eat. From there they break it up into adding to each week. Example wk 2: write the food and calories. Wk 3: write down he food, calories, and fat grams. 4: add carbs, 5: salt.. you get the idea.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:08 PM
FitDay Member

Default Help

Hi!!
How can I put a custom meal that I create from menu (action-meal name-new meal name )to my other meals that are default. PLS heal me .
Old 01-15-2014, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

If you know the total nutrients for a MEAL (all the foods in the meal added up), then just add it as a custom food. On the screen for logging food, you should see a box that you can click to allow you to put all the information in for a food (or a meal), save it and add it.