Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread starting May 13: Getting Our Groove Back! >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting May 13: Getting Our Groove Back!

Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting May 13: Getting Our Groove Back!

Old 05-17-2013, 11:13 AM
FitDay Member

Default Day 3 and doing fine

Hi carolynnq. Thank you for leading me to this thread. The stresses of the day
were high but I managed to control my hunger and eat well. Is there one day of the week where we can post our weight loss? I want to have a place where I can be accountable to others for my progress. Keep up the good work with diet and exercise.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:15 PM
FitDay Member

lilbits - glad you found your way here. You can post a weight loss on any day you like. Or you can post your weight loss in your signature (click on User CP in the blue bar above, then in the Control Panel at left, click on Edit Signature).

A new motivational thread starts fresh each Monday. People post their daily & weekly goals, then report back as to how they're doing. If you read some of the earlier pages, you'll see that everyone's goals are different. I find it interesting to see what everyone's doing, and people get new ideas from each other.

Good for you for managing your eating today despite the stress. It feels so good to do that. Last night I managed to resist the urge to snack after dinner - I was so proud of myself - it seems like such a little thing in a way, but it's so hard at the time and all to easy to give in.

Goals for the week:
1. Stay on usual diet Y, Y, Y
2. No late-night snacking. Y, Y, Y
3. 1/2 hr avg exercise a day Y, Y, Y
4. No sugar, white flour N (had a piece of pizza for dinner) , Y, Y
Old 05-17-2013, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

oh man it's Friday and only page 5? I'm still sick but I'll be back Monday no matter how I feel. I weighed in today and it wasn't good. 188.2! I'll give myself a few weeks to get back down.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:35 PM
FitDay Member

Default Monday will be my weigh in day

I have some health issues that will improve if I lose weight. I have about 65 to 70 pounds to lose to be at a normal weight. This week I am concentrating on drinking enough water and getting some exercise daily. Have a great week end and good luck to all on your next weigh in.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:57 PM
FitDay Member

Mike - sorry to hear you're sick. I guess we all have a few day's reprieve until you're back at full strength to whip us into line. Take care of yourself.

lilbits - Just take it one day at a time and you'll make your goal.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:12 PM
FitDay Member

Carloynnq, good job on the not snacking!

Welcome Lilbits, I am sure you will find this accountability and motivation helpful.

Mike hope you are feeling better soon.......

Epixi, I am so happy to hear about your class. You obviously choose the right studio for you. I went to a Yin yoga class tonight, it's quite different from what I usually do. I enjoy going to class once in a while for a change from doing my home practice.

I had a very busy day but my cals were ok and a chose to forgo walking in order to take in a yoga class.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning, Groovy People! We made it to the weekend, yay!

A wave and hearty Hello to you, Lilbits! So glad you found your way here! I'm right there with you regarding 65-70 pounds and with the water. As Carolynn said, sometimes it helps to take it bits at a time... Lilbits!

Carolynn, your software editing story takes the cake!!! Mmmmm cake...

Hey there, Mike! Sorry you're still under the weather. Being sick stinks. Get well... then, get back here and get goin' .

Robin, I'm going to go look up Yin class. You said it's different from what you usually do -- what do you usually do? There are so many styles, so much to learn! The class I went to was Hatha. I'm not sure if that applies to the whole studio or just to that particular class.

Enjoy that coffee out, Jenn!

Carolynn said:

...The public accountability factor has prevented me from eating things I shouldn't because I knew I'd have to fess up to it here. And the support and encouragement has been motivating. Plus there's the added benefits of the wit, humor, and wisdom (and poetry!) from posters here...
Couldn't have said it better, Carolynn. And, with regard to passing on the late-night snack, doesn't it feel good when the self-discipline kicks in? You said you were proud of yourself -- I'm proud of you, too!

As for me...

Goals for the Week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!): yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
  • At least 1500ml water per day: 2000, 2000, 2000, 2000, 2000
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average of under 1550 calories: 1482, 1505, 1437, 1447, 1317
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average of under 1300mg sodium: 958, 1114, 1071, 1131, 886
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average of at least 15g fiber: 16, 16, 17, 18, 20
  • No red entries on this report: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
  • Study every day: yes, yes, yes, yes, yes

FINALLY got out to the golf course. First time in, what, three years? This was a new course for me, so I took a cart (I always take a cart on my first time so I can get a better feel for the layout). It was delightful!!! Beautiful little 9-hole course, great weather, the occasional nice shot -- what more could one ask? Well, maybe a hole-in-one. What? I can dream, can't I?

Anyway, have a Satisfying Saturday, everyone! Oh, and for those of us in Powerball states, GOOD LUCK!!! Of course, I already bought the winning ticket, so... yeah...
Old 05-18-2013, 03:32 AM
FitDay Member

Default The scale is stuck

I think it's time to just weigh in once a week since there was no change since yesterday. I have been reading more messages on the board and am happy to see others succeeding in their journey. Have a good week end.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lilbits120
I think it's time to just weigh in once a week since there was no change since yesterday. I have been reading more messages on the board and am happy to see others succeeding in their journey. Have a good week end.

Don't expect to see the scale go down every day lilbits. If you are weighing daily the weight will fluctuate for a variety of reasons that have nothing to do with fat loss or gain.

I personally weigh daily....it keeps me on track, attentive, accountable, but I have to be ok with the fluctuations.

Others weight weekly because that works better for them.

Weighing in is mental and you should do whatever works best for you.

Epixi, Hatha yoga is a more general term for posture based yoga, as opposed to a particular style. My training is in Viniyoga which is about individualized yoga based on where you are at any given moment. It can also include a variety of techniques and styles (e.g., flow versus static poses). Some labels are general and some are very specific trademarked terms. To make matters even more confusing. Some yoga styles are power based, some are gentle, some are for healing. Yin is a westernized yoga that has a monkey Kung Fu and Chinese yoga background. It is super slow, very little standing poses and mostly stretches the lower body. Try many different styles if you can! And awesome on goals, wow!
Old 05-18-2013, 01:47 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the clarification, Robin. Much appreciated! So much to learn! I love it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.