Notices

anyone going low carb for fertility?

Old 04-27-2010, 04:02 AM
FitDay Member

Default anyone going low carb for fertility?

I am trying to go low-carb per my fertility doc's instructions. It is supposed to improve egg quality and hormone balance. Day 1 was not really a success. So far today is a bit better but I am quickly losing willpower and wanting pasta, bread, muffin, anything! the low carb bars with chocolate are no help as chocolate upsets my stomach . . . help!
Old 04-27-2010, 04:16 AM
FitDay Member

I've done low carb, low fat for months but as a mom, soon to be an "empty nester", I must say you have me a little worried! LOL

Seriously though, it takes your body awhile to adjust as it's quite a shock to the system. Don't give up! It may take a good month until your body stops craving all those "easy to pop in your mouth" carbs. Substitute with lots of pre-prepared fruits and veggies and don't go too long without eating. Even a piece of fruit every couple of hours really helps. Carbs do nasty things to your blood sugar levels, so give it a little time to all work out.

Best of luck to you!
quinn