Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread, starting April 28: Onward and Downward! >

7 Day Motivational Thread, starting April 28: Onward and Downward!

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread, starting April 28: Onward and Downward!

Old 05-01-2013, 05:21 AM
FitDay Member

Mern! Good to see you. As I was logging in, I was wondering where you and Jezzie were, and here you are! ***I'm sticking to my goals that served me well in the past. I know what to do and how to do it--I just have to DO it.*** That statement is so, so true for all of us. Good for you for jumping back in.

April, even though it was a very light rain, a lot of people would have used it as an excuse to stop. You didn’t. Bravo! Glad the tux arrived - hope it fits. I wonder how the girl’s parents are doing.

Robin, from what I know of you, I doubt you’ll slack off for the rest of the week.

Donna - if you don’t mind sharing, what are you doing tomorrow that you’ve never done before?

Hope - everything’s looking good so far this week. I hope you're feeling better this week.

I’ve been extra busy with work so haven’t been getting my usual exercise in.

1. 3 meals + 2-3 snacks (no extra snacking) Y, Y
2. 2-3 min. exercise before meal prep, snacks. Y,Y
3. An hour extra movement a day: N (35 min), N (40)
4. No sugar, white flour: Y,Y
5. Small bites and put fork down between bites: mostly
6: Weight same or down: same; maybe down 1/2 lb, but not counting it yet - I don't trust my scale!
Old 05-01-2013, 06:30 AM
FitDay Member

No walking on lunch today. I had to go get the boys their new contacts and until I drove there and back through PA road construction season I only had 20 minutes left of my hour lunch. I am leaving 15 minutes early to pick up the tux so I just punched back in. So tonight I will either work out or take the dog for another walk. We'll see. I will do something though.

Oh and WELCOME back Mern!!
Old 05-01-2013, 08:45 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome back Mern!
Oh my, that statement could be true for me. Food wasn't terrible today but definetely could be better. Didn't get my water in as I went to theatre this afternoon.
Will have to remember to bring bottle of water with me Sun night when I go out!
Jenn
Old 05-01-2013, 09:40 AM
FitDay Member

Yahoo broke 170 today. Granted it was 169.9 but it was great to see.

Epixi: I didn't know that about the hobbits, it's just a good excuse as what really happened lol. Have fun "creeping" us the rest of this week But seriously have a good safe trip.

April: I am not sore today but I am being very gentle with my body because of the torn ligaments in my back......so although I clocked many minutes of exercise yesterday it was not intense. On the other hand, unfortunately my back is a bit sore today but I forgot to use my knee pillow last night so I am telling myself that's why. And thanks for the challenge..........because of you I walked today. I really didn't have time but when I saw your post I realized that I shouldn't give up so I did 15 mins at noon and 15 mins after work. You on the other hand clearly had no time, hope you get something tonight.

Welcome back Mern. Are you staying this time? Like Donna said, logging and posting works. Never give up!

Hope you are sticking with us!

Jenn get that water in!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by carolynnq

Robin, from what I know of you, I doubt you’ll slack off for the rest of the week.
You're probably right!!
Old 05-01-2013, 01:01 PM
FitDay Member

Robin - congrats on dipping down into the '60s - and on your 30 lb loss!

I've lost about 24 lbs and when I think about those 24 pounds as a 5-lb bag of flour strapped to each arm and leg, and another on my belly, it seems like a much bigger accomplishment than when I just think conceptual pounds.

In the last year, I had noticed that when I'd step over something, that more often than not, I wasn't lifting up the trailing foot high enough to clear the object. I thought it was a sign of getting older. Recently, I noticed it wasn't happening any more and figured it was because I was getting more fit. But in writing the above, I realized that maybe it was because my leg had the equivalent of a 5-lb bag of flour attached and I wasn't compensating for it.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:52 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for the week
1. Lots of water M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
2. Walk on lunch (8 miles goal) M: 2-1/2miles, T: 2miles in the sprinkling rain!, W: No (but made up for it),
3. Supposed to be rainy so if I can't walk on lunch a day workout at night that night and deduct 2 miles from walking goal M: walked on lunch, T: walked on lunch, W: 27 mins cardio,
4. Take Chloe for one walk before work M: No, T: No,[coor="green"]W: Yes - Done for the week![/color]
5. Planned foods except dinner M: yes except had an extra snack after dinner, T: Yes, W: Yes,

Life Goals
1. Stick with the honesty M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
2. Keep the house clean for company this weekend M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
3. Don't fret about the prom. He will be fine. M: mostly, but I will feel better when his tux arrives, T: Still no tux, W: tux arrived and all fits perfect

Got in my exercise as planned last night since I couldn't walk on lunch. Did a 5 min warm up, 18 min cardio/kickboxing, 6 min cool down. Was sweating my butt off. <~~ don't you wish that would actually happen? LOL

Got the tux tried on last night and it fits. He is so uncomfortable in it but I think he is going to look so sweet next to his date. I'm going to put the pic in attachments on here from him trying it on.

Originally Posted by Robingen
Yahoo broke 170 today. Granted it was 169.9 but it was great to see.
Woohoo! Keep up the good work!!

Originally Posted by carolynnq
I've lost about 24 lbs and when I think about those 24 pounds as a 5-lb bag of flour strapped to each arm and leg, and another on my belly, it seems like a much bigger accomplishment than when I just think conceptual pounds.

In the last year, I had noticed that when I'd step over something, that more often than not, I wasn't lifting up the trailing foot high enough to clear the object. I thought it was a sign of getting older. Recently, I noticed it wasn't happening any more and figured it was because I was getting more fit. But in writing the above, I realized that maybe it was because my leg had the equivalent of a 5-lb bag of flour attached and I wasn't compensating for it.
It's so nice when you notice something about yourself other than the scale rewards. I notice that sometimes without realizing it I am running & playing in the yard with the dogs. I never would have done that. I would have sat on the porch. I have a lot to go but I am so much more comfortable in my own body now that I just want to keep going. Feeling so much better already allows me to slack off though because I forget how far I have to go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
donnie.jpg (84.0 KB, 11 views)
Old 05-02-2013, 01:13 AM
FitDay Member

Default Wed. Report

• Workout > 150 min/wk: 55, 20, 60
  • Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 1195, 1198, 1290
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 60, 20, 123
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 1, 0, 5
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 54, 31, 58
  • Do something I've never done before: (tonight)
Dinner was leftover veggie lasagna & a small salad.

Hi Mern: we miss your menus!

April: Maybe walks in the rain are good for anxiety?!

Carolyn: Congratulations on the 24 lb loss! And I don't mind you asking at all. I'm going to an art/architecture presentation of a type I've never been to. I know that's vague, but maybe I'll report more tomorrow.

Jenn: I've often thought about getting a Wii, but never took the plunge. Maybe that should be the 'something I've never done.' I recall seeing ads for the balance board, which looks like something I'd enjoy.

Robin: Thanks for the "Healthy" Food Links. Call me a skeptic, but I've always shopped using the maxim: "If the packaging of a food tells you that it is healthy, then it probably isn’t."

Epix: I know I'm late, but have a safe trip!

- Donna
Old 05-02-2013, 01:19 AM
FitDay Member

Default P.S.

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Got in my exercise as planned last night since I couldn't walk on lunch. Did a 5 min warm up, 18 min cardio/kickboxing, 6 min cool down. Was sweating my butt off. <~~ don't you wish that would actually happen? LOL
It actually happens! Just not overnight ....

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Got the tux tried on last night and it fits. He is so uncomfortable in it but I think he is going to look so sweet next to his date. I'm going to put the pic in attachments on here from him trying it on.
He's handsome! Maybe he'll ease into it, when it gets a few wrinkles, and the tie loosens up a bit

- Donna
Old 05-02-2013, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks to all for the welcome back.

I'll be back later to skim through this weeks' posts but want to get my Wednesday report posted before turning over the computer to DH for a bit.

Wednesday, May 1 restart:
Calorie range 1300-1600 1360
Saturated fat maximum 10% of total calories 9%
Net carbs (total carbs less fiber) maximum 25g 17g
Fiber minimum 25g 36g
Protein minimum 120g 151g
Cholesterol maximum 250mg calling it green at 254mg
Water 64 oz. YES
Exercise 5 days YES

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.