Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread starting April 22: We Can Do This! >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting April 22: We Can Do This!

Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting April 22: We Can Do This!

Old 04-26-2013, 12:36 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Birthday Hope!!!
Old 04-26-2013, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for the week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!): yes, yes, yes, yes
  • At least 1500ml water per day: 2500, 2500, 2500, 1500
  • At least 15g fiber per day: 21, 15, 17, 5
  • Maintain 7-day calorie rolling average under 1550: 1237, 1537, 1475, 1501
  • Maintain 7-day sodium rolling average under 1400mg: 815, 1177, 1100, 1238
  • No red entries on this report: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
  • Study every day: yes, yes, yes, yes
Fiber. Phooey. Messed up my Solid Blue week and making me highly grumpy. Sure, I could have boosted fiber by munching fiber tabs, but that sort of feels like cheating. Problem is, I simply don't enjoy most "healthy" food (fruits and vegetables) that have fiber and, although I could get fiber from grains and pasta, I'd have to eat so much of them that I'd use up most of my calorie allotment. Given that I have a calorie budget, I'm not willing to spend a good chunk of it on foods that don't bring me pleasure (I'm looking at you, fruits and vegetables). Right now, I'm thinking I may have to pass on the fiber requirement. Or I'll have to reconcile the "cheating" feeling and start shoveling in the fiber tabs. They'll add the fiber with just a few extra calories.

Maybe I should start thinking of them as vitamins (which I take every day, anyway, and yes, I account for them in the food log/calorie budget ).

Bah. Rant over . Hey, it's Friday! No time for being grumpy!
Old 04-26-2013, 01:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz

...I hate this. When I started losing weight over two years ago I could drop 6-7 lbs in a week with little effort. Now some weeks it feels like all I do is work out & walk and drink tons of water and have a few unhealthy foods in there and I barely lose anything. It is so hard to get back into healthy living when the rewards are so small right now.
I sooooooo hear you! Although I've never in my life lost 6-7 pounds in a week, I have tons of experience with working so hard, sacrificing so much, enduring all the diet drudgery and feeling as if I had virtually nothing to show for it at week's end. It's really hard to keep pushing on sometimes.

BUT, through it all, you've lost 1.2 pounds!!! What you're doing IS working and you DO have something to show! Maybe not 6-7 pounds-a-week working but it IS working. And for that, I'm truly happy for you!
Old 04-26-2013, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

epixi - why don’t you change your fiber goal to an average of 15g a day? Then you’ll be blue. I’ve been thinking about following your and others’ lead to have goals as a weekly average.

Donna - I’m glad your mom found someone who would evaluate her meds. My mother’s doctor kept prescribing and prescribing stuff. Once she was on something, he never evaluated her as to whether she still needed them.

April - Stay positive. i know how you feel. With how I’m eating and exercising, i would have lost tons of weight years ago. But, we’re presumably healthier and more fit for having worked as hard as we have, and that’s good. And our weight not going up is good. You’ve been successful at eating and walking - probably your two most important goals. if those were your only goals, you would have had a successful week. Maybe you should consider changing some of your exercise goals. Maybe start with a goal of something like 5-min of exercise before or after work, or 15-min of exercise a day. Then when you’re successful at that, and it has become a habit, consider upping the frequency or time.

1. Calories under 1300: 1286, 1269, 702 (too low, I know, it just worked out that way), 1055
2. An hour extra movement a day: N , N, Y, Y
3. No sugar, white flour: N (ate 4 potstickers), N (6 pretzels), Y, Y
4. Small bites and put fork down between bites.- getting better at stretching snacks and meals out
Old 04-26-2013, 01:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by carolynnq
epixi - why don’t you change your fiber goal to an average of 15g a day? Then you’ll be blue. I’ve been thinking about following your and others’ lead to have goals as a weekly average.
Sold!!! Can't change this week's goals (that would be cheating) but I can most definitely change it for next week. Hey, I feel better already! Thanks, Carolynn!
Old 04-26-2013, 01:59 AM
FitDay Member

Happy birthday Hope! Donna I loved your poem AND your story about your Mom.

Tomorrow is my youngest son's 18th birthday and he has requested cheesecake which I will make tonight. I plan to have "a piece" at his birthday dinner. I'm going to make a calorie goal of 1800 tomorrow so that it can be a "break even" day rather than feel like I might as well blow it.

April, enjoy your time alone. It is a treat
Old 04-26-2013, 02:10 AM
FitDay Member

Hey, Robin, tomorrow is my son's 31st birthday. He only lives about an hour away, but we won't see him tomorrow as he has community theatre play rehearsal all weekend. A little sad I won't see my "baby," but at least I won't have to budget calories.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dmartz
It can sometimes be hard to cope,
with the aches that can cause one to mope.
But live life to the fullest,
and just say "WE'VE GOT THIS!"
Like the Fitday writer named Hope!

Happy Birthday Hope.

- Donna
Donna, I LOVE this!!! What a great present!!! Thanks also for your osteo info.

Thank you everybody for making me feel special with the birthday wishes!!!! Even tho I didn't make my weight goal, I met such good people here!!!

You turned it into a limerick. Even better!!

Last edited by canary52; 04-26-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Donna, I LOVE this!!! What a great present!!!
You're welcome. Can I make a slight improvement to the last line?

Originally Posted by dmartz

It can sometimes be hard to cope,
with the aches that can cause one to mope.
But live life to the fullest,
and just say "WE'VE GOT THIS!"
like the writer on Fitday named Hope!

- Donna
Old 04-26-2013, 06:47 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for this week....
1. Lots of water M: yes, T: yes, W: yes, Th: yes,
2. Exercise 2 times before work M: no, T: no, W: no, Th: no, F: no - Total flop on this goal this week
3. Exercise 2 times after work M: no, T: no, W: no, Th: no, and I already know that F is a No also - another failed goal for the week
4. Take Chloe for 1 walk (30 mins) M: no, T: no, W: no, Th: no, F: no
5. Planned foods during work & snack M: work yes but snack no, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Planning lunch with hubby,
6. Walk 9 miles on lunches M: 3miles, T: 2miles, W: 3miles, Th: 0miles, F: 2-1/2miles Total walking miles this week 10-1/2!!

Life Goals...
1. Be honest (even the white lies) M: yes, T: yes(didn't want to a few times but I did), W: Yes, Th: Yes,
2. Do something to the rest of the laundry daily M: yes, T: yes, W: Yes, Th: No,
3. Wipe down kitchen cabinets M: nope, T: No, W: no, Th: No,

Thanks for all the positive thoughts. I get that I could make my goals smaller and attain them but that really wouldn't help me in the long run. I am the type of person who needs to go at it hard or have little to no improvement. Yes, I lost 1.2lbs last week putting me at exactly 75lbs from when I started this on 2/21/11. But at the end of June last year I had hit the 100lbs lost mark so I am still trying to fight back from gaining nearly 30lbs of that back.
I know some of you weren't here my first time on this path so here's a brief "me".

At 15 yrs old I weighed @235lbs and wore a 16/18 women's size. I continued upward from there at a fairly even trend. While I was pregnant with my first son I topped out somewhere in the 290's (only 4 yrs later). One year after that and pregnant again I was in the 320's. Problem is I never went back under about 310 after he was born. Actually I continued to gain and ended up weighing more than the scale could tabulate because it only went to 350 at both my doctor (OB & Family) offices. I was miserable, lonely, self-conscious, depressed, embarrassed all through my 20's and early 30's. My husband and kids supported me no matter what. God bless my hubby because no matter what he has always treated me like the prettiest, sexiest girl alive. At 33 yrs old (2011) my new employer announced a healthy weight challenge. Every pound we lost would be donated as a lb of food to Feeding America. I lost 27 lbs in those 8 weeks!! Simply from walking about 30 mins (not even a mile most days) and watching what I ate. I was amazed that I could do it. I decided to keep going and slowly added more walking speed until I could do 2 miles in 36 mins. Then I started adding working out before work. I would find those exercise plans in Fitness magazine and do them. 5-10 mins before work. Then I would string them together and ended up at about 1hr before work. The next year they did the weight challenge again and I lost 16lbs during the 8 weeks. I got to where I lost 100 lbs and somehow it all fell apart. I got a self-inflicted injury (tattoo LOL) that went way too deep and caused my ankle to swell horribly for like 2 weeeks. So I couldn't walk or workout because I didn't want to agrivate it. Then we went to camp for 4 days. Ate whatever I wanted all those days. I stayed at it here and there from then on but then it was holidays, etc etc. And I was quickly gaining weight. Now it is harder than ever to get back to the way I was losing. But I am and I will succeed. There is no question about that. I will do it. We are 8 weeks in again now and I have only lost 3.6lbs. This time we have 4 more weeks to go.

Thank you for all of your encouragement and support. Sorry to ramble on. LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.