Notices

Workin Off The Baby Weight

Old 04-25-2010, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

Red face Workin Off The Baby Weight

Hey everyone im new here.
Im just looking for some support and advice when it comes to working off baby weight.
My son is now 4 months old and i went from 140 all the way up to 204
The first two weeks after giving birth i lost 30lbs and am now stuck in the
170s and hating every moment of it

I was wondering if there are any good exercises that anyone can offer up to tone up the legs and butt and get rid of the flabby tummy and love handles?

thanks everyone

~1anamia~
Old 04-26-2010, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

I hear you about feeling awful about how you look after a baby. I've had 2, had 20 lb to lose after each one (despite breastfeeding) and hated every minute of it. Power yoga and pilates worked great after my first child for toning up and getting my flat tummy back. I also ran, starting very slowly at first and working up to a 5 mile race.

With my last child I went to a trainer and he did a great job for me. You could get the same results through a boot camp.

Good luck!
Old 04-26-2010, 11:30 AM
FitDay Member

You might try putting the baby in the stroller and going for a nice long walk. My oldest was born in Sept., so it was too cold to take her for walks at 4 months old. But my youngest 2 were born in June, so I took them for nice long walks pretty much everyday until the weather turned cold in the Fall.

When you get to feeling really down about the weight, just remember that it took 9 months to put it on, and it's okay if it takes 9 more to go back down.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:47 PM
FitDay Member

Are you nursing? If so, just be careful not to cut back too much, or you can affect your milk supply.

I am back on the gestational diabetes diet I was on when I was pregnant and it's helping me make better choices at least.

I've also started the 30 day Shred. 7 days in and while there is not a huge scale difference, I can feel a difference in my body. The scale is not always the best measure.

Just some thoughts from someone in a similar boat.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:19 AM
FitDay Member

I'm there with you. I have a 4 month old, first time mom! I am breastfeeding and discouraged that the weight is not falling off. I feel like I stay on the go between carrying her around and doing constant housework. So I started Fitday today to keep track of my eating, I have a feeling that is my major problem. I love that I can monitor nutrients as well to ensure that my diet is balanced. I am 5'5 and 168lb
Old 05-11-2010, 10:31 AM
FitDay Member

Same here I started at 150 and went up 205
Old 05-11-2010, 05:03 PM
FitDay Member

I started at 190, went up to 211, am now down to 172.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:01 PM
FitDay Member

New here as well and in the same boat!

I was 190 before getting pregnant, ended up being 232 the day I gave birth. My son is now 6 months old, and I am stuck at 216. I was breastfeeding at first and lost 30 pounds within days of having him... However, my milk supply never fully came in and I've since switched to strictly formula..and packed on the 17 pounds bringing me to an aggrivating 216! I walk an average of 3 miles every 2 days but just cant seem to lose anymore. My eating habits were HORRIBLE up until about a month ago, which surprises me that I haven't dropped anymore weight. I wouldn't say I have eat great now, but I definately make healthier choices! I literally had fast food at least once a day until a month ago. Now, I get Subway maybe once a week, sometimes we order Piza once a week, but I don't eat the portions I used to either.

Before I got pregnant, I was an athlete for years and had always flucuated with my weight, but never had a problem dropping whatever I needed to within a months time. This is VERY hard for me to adjust to and it seems no matter what route I take, I'm stuck where I'm at! My husband comes home from Iraq in October so I NEED to lose 40 pounds before his return!! HELP PLEASE!

Last edited by ALBOUCHEE; 05-12-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:59 PM
FitDay Member

Albouchee, can you work in more excercise? Also, since you are not nursing you can really drop your calories.

Here's my question: I am nursing and still waking up once a night. I'm also back at work, so the only time to consistantly exercise is 5am. Which do I need more? Sleep or Exercise?
Old 05-13-2010, 12:52 AM
FitDay Member

Baby weight does not seem to want to come off for most people, at least until the baby hits around a year old, that was my experience and that is the most common thing I've heard from a lot of people.

bsaz, I'm in the same boat, although I finishished nursing a couple of months ago. My baby (ok, he's 16 months) still wakes once or twice every night. I am already awake at 5:30 am, so getting up much earlier is out of the question. I didn't start exercising consistently until I went back to work because I couldn't fit it in without losing more sleep. I take an hour at work and go to the gym or go for a run. It works really well for me and I feel like I've got a break in my day. I've also noticed there are a lot of lunchtime bootcamps around where I am. Are these options for you? It beats losing more sleep, and sleep is as important as exercise to losing weight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.