Notices

help needed in controling cals, and fat grams

Old 02-27-2013, 05:27 PM
FitDay Member

Default help needed in controling cals, and fat grams

For the past year I maintained a 30 lbs weight loss. Just resently I have noticed through logging that I'm going over 2000 calories and over 55 grams of total fat. I don't feel like I'm over eating. I am on diabetic medication though, and even though it's supose to help with maintaing weight, in the back of my mind I'm wondering if my brain signels aren't getting jumbled some how. Anyone else seeing thier numbers going up after maintaing for a year?
Old 02-28-2013, 01:04 AM
Super Moderator

You can compare old logs with today's logs if you go to the calendar. Do you notice a difference there? I think it's normal to start 'slipping' and adding in a few calories, so slowly over time that you don't notice much difference.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:56 AM
FitDay Member

Personally, I notice I have forgotten some of my basic principles. The most basic, SLOW DOWN WHEN I EAT. Be conscious of each bite and chew it or savor it before I ingest it. Think about the next bite before I take it. I have been able to avoid second helpings, dessert, snacking entirely by using this and in turn keeping my caloric intake down.

Also something I still do is weigh and log the number daily. It's a lot easier to grab that one pound and smack it than to "discover" 10 that need to go.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:00 PM
FitDay Member

I'm liking the frenchhen!
Seems to me that we've (this "generalized we" = humans of the industrialized world?) forgotten how to listen to our bodies and eat what comes naturally to us.
  • We say we need to eat because it's 6:00 and that's dinner time.
  • We're full but we finish what's on our plates because that's what we were taught to do.
  • We're hungry but decide we shouldn't eat because the log says we've taken our quota of calories today.
Tracking is important -- you gotta know what you're doing wrong to change it and you gotta know what you're doing right to keep doing it.

Are you happy maintaining?
Is the increase in calories and fat taking you off track?
Are there other changes (more exercise) that might have you eating more?

Interesting article -- Intuitive Eating: The Common Sense Approach to Dieting and Weight Loss - Shape Magazine

Perhaps your brain signals aren't jumbled...
(But, maybe they are...)