Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 2-4-13  WE'VE GOT THIS! >

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 2-4-13 WE'VE GOT THIS!

Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 2-4-13 WE'VE GOT THIS!

Old 02-09-2013, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

How are my weekend warriors doing??
Old 02-09-2013, 11:16 AM
FitDay Member

Robin, thanks for your lovely compliments.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:06 AM
FitDay Member

EEK - I have been sleeping extra on purpose because I need it and wow when I log "10 hours" sleep is really affects my daily cals. Can't wait to get back to working out.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default Weekend Update

w/ Apologies to SNL for cribbing their title ...
  • Cholesterol < 250mg: 582, 70, 98, 197, 30, 196
  • Workout > 45 mins x 2: Y, Y
  • Workout > 20 mins X 3: Y, Y
  • Calories < 1750: 1958, 1099, 1298, 1386, 1283, 1221
  • Sugar < (??? metric): N, N, N, ~, Hell No, ~
  • Eat Grapefruit: N, Y, Y, N, Y, N
  • Be nice: Y, ~, Y, ~, Y, ~
Need to get in that one more workout. Cholesterol may average out to less that 250 for the week. Good on calories. Pretty good on sugar except for Friday night. I guess I'd rather be half nice that half assed. At least I haven't been mean lately.

Robin: I agree. Mern is truly ingenuious when it comes to healthy eating, and an inspiration to us all!

Mike: I think it may have been Emeril Lagasse who started the NOLA thing - when he used that for the name of a restaurant. I don't really go for all that 'BAM!' stuff, but whenever I'm looking online for a good recipe, Emeril's my go-to guy. His recipes always work, even when I muck with them a bunch.

Hope: Wishing you a great time on your trip. Good luck keeping low cal!

- Just don't call me Jane!

Last edited by dmartz; 02-10-2013 at 02:22 AM.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

Looking back at my goals I did ok for the week. Exercised 4X for 30min. I am doing well on drinking water and the fruits and veggies.
Still a little sore from shovelling yesterday but taking it easy today. Beautiful sunny day here.

Jenn
Old 02-10-2013, 12:14 PM
FitDay Member

Hey y'all! I just wanted to let y'all know that I haven't went MIA. I've done really good this week, even though I didn't make goals. In fact, I think by NOT making goals, I wasn't setting myself up for failure. When I was making set in stone goals, and I missed one it defeated me. Instead of shaking it off, I saw it as "well, I've already screwed that up, so what's the point in going on?" By not having goals, I just did the best I could...and I did really good! As of this morning I was at a 5lb loss for the week. Most of it was water weight, but it's weight that's NOT on the scale, I'll take any kind of loss I can right now.

I logged everything Monday-Friday (food and activities) and gave myself the weekend off. I'm pretty sure this plan is going to work for me. Keep strict thru the week, and then live a little on the weekends. This weekend was pretty calorie heavy. We went out for my Daddy's 61st birthday last night, and there may have been a small slice of cake that made it to my plate. A cake that I made!! From scratch!! I have to say, I'll probably never buy a boxed cake mix or can of frosting again. It's so much better when made from scratch. Today we had a traditional Southern Sunday lunch....meatloaf, rice (cause I didn't have enough potatoes to mash to feed everyone so WHN and I ate the taters for supper), mac n cheese, peas, and biscuits. The only thing that wasn't scratch made was the mac n cheese, it did come from a box..but only because I didn't have the time to make that homemade too. Next weekend isn't going to be as heavy, food wise. I don't think WHN and I are going to do too much for Valentine's Day. We both have to work through the week, and the weekend will be too busy to go to a restaurant, so we'll probably stay in and cook here. Which is fine by me.

Oh, and I did teach Mike a little too well with the blame game. I've told him that one day he might get as good as I am....but I highly doubt it.

Hope--I'm so totatlly jealous that you're there and I'm not. I miss NOLA way too much. Eat lots of yummy food for me!!

Mern--WOOHOOO 7 pounds is AWESOME!!!!

Everybody else--hope you all had a great week!!
Old 02-10-2013, 12:39 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bojibridge
I have to be honest about what my biggest goal is - it's to be skinnier. I'm sick of being chunky, and having clothes not fit nicely or not being able to wear the cute outfits I see around me. I'm sick of not feeling very sexy or attractive. So yeah, it's great that I can run 20 minutes more than I could 6 weeks ago, but dang it, I just want to be a skinnier person. And I know that will happen, but I'm really a results driven person (I mean, aren't we all, a little bit?) and when I put in this effort and I don't *see* the results, I basically feel like I haven't gotten anywhere. And it's been so hard. This whole process is not making me a happier person. All I think about is, "When can I eat next? Is this going to fit into my calories? No, you can't have that, 'cause if you had even one bite, you'd eat the whole bag." At least before, I might have been sad that I wasn't skinny, but I didn't go around all day thinking in the back of my mind about what I was and wasn't allowed to eat and when the next food would be and how long I would have to wait to eat more. I know I have emotional attachment issues with food, but I don't know how to not feel this way. How do you go from just wanting to stuff your face to being like, "Oh I only eat to fuel my body!" I just feel like mentally exhausted at the end of the day. There's never a single day where it's easy to stay under my calorie limit.
Joanna---my heart goes out to you. I've been there (ask Mike). There have been so many times that I have just wanted to give up. I didn't originally start out with the "I want to be skinny" mind set, but trust me, it's crept up on me a time or two. It took me a while to realize that I may never be what's considered an "ideal weight" for my height. It also took me a while to realize I will most likely NEVER be a size 4. I'm okay with that. I'm no longer a size 24, and that's awesome! It may not be in the cards for me to be "skinny", but I can be smaller than I was. I started out wanting to be healthier, and more fit. I lost 50 lbs in what seems like no time, and then I stalled. And THAT'S when the frustration kicked in. And then WHN left and I spiraled into a depression like I've never known before. I didn't care anymore. I stopped losing weight. I stopped logging my food and activities. I stopped exercising. I stopped caring. When I first started this journey, I found the logging fun....it was like a game to me. I felt in control for the first time ever. Then as time went on, it felt like the logging was controlling me. So I stopped. And guess what? I eventually fell back into old habits and started gaining weight. (The part of me that blames others will blame WHN for the weight gain. He left, so I ate a lot of comfort food. Then he came home, and I started cooking all the things he missed from home and couldn't get in Germany. It's all HIS fault! hahahaha). I've been going through an "I don't care anymore" phase for the past few months. I've just now started caring again. And I've realized that I'll probably always be this way. In complete control for a while, and then not for a while, back and forth. It's something I've come to terms with. And I'm okay with it. I'll eventually get to where I want to be. So will you, we've just got to keep plugging away. Just know, you're not alone in your thinking. Also remember, we're here for you. No one can offer advice better than those who have been, and are still in, the same boat as you.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:47 PM
FitDay Member

Tori congrats on your five pound loss this week. Goes to show how we are all different. Some need concrete goals, others better not to.

I could not ease up on the weekend like that. I have tried it before and it did not work for me. It works fine for maintenance (and I expect to be there someday) but I would not lose like that.

Jenn and Donna congrats on meeting your goals. Mern I KNOW you are doing well.

I'm ok with my modified goals this week I guess. I think my water was off again because of the cold. I wasn't actually tracking it because usually it's not an issue but I may actually track it next week.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:04 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
How are my weekend warriors doing??
Sick . Vertigo-y, sinus-y, and emotionally stressed due to an issue at work. It is not all bad emotional stress, but stress just the same.

Starting to feel a little better and will go get the new thread started for this week.