Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/21/13

Old 01-25-2013, 06:50 AM
FitDay Member

I'm on track today except for water and exercise which I WILL remedy before the day is up. Food is logged except for dinner because I don't know if I'm cooking or if we're going out, but I SHOULD have enough leeway in my food log to eat a sensible dinner and come in on target for goals. Everyone have a fantastic weekend!

Robin, this site has been driving me nuts, but I've had no problems at all today--hope it's all resolved now. Glad your green smoothies are going well. The spinach smoothie blends great for me in my food processor. My kale "clippy" grass clipping consistency food processor smoothie is delicious eaten with a spoon. I'll bet the romaine would be smooth in my food processor. It's really cold here, too--not as cold as where YOU are, so kudos on getting to the gym while I do aerobic walking DVD in my living room. Thanks for posting about the plateau definition--that's very helpful.

Cassie! What a wonderful Thursday report. I know it's hard to get in the water quota when you're so busy--oops, which reminds me I'm water behind my water goal today, too, so I'll work on that.

Darlene, kudos on logging all your food and being under 1400 calories!

Donna, best wishes on your eating to your satisfaction, but with control, this weekend. Sometimes for myself that's easier said than done.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:15 AM
FitDay Member

OK, motivators--I want kudos, a trophy, a crown or something. DH said we can go out to eat tonight but he had his heart set on a place that has on its menu ONLY fried chicken tenders, garlic bread, French fries, dipping sauce, cole slaw, fried chicken tender sandwiches and wraps. The only low stuff on the menu is diet pop, bottled water, and lettuce.

SO since I've done well on my food all day, I don't want to blow it now.
I have ready to take to the restaurant:
my food scale
a low carb tortilla
low carb coleslaw.

I will pull off the breading from the chicken and weigh the chicken before putting it on my tortilla with the slaw.

It's a fast food place and the manager is very nice. If he notices I made a low carb wrap out of my a la carte chicken tenders, I'm sure he'll be very nice if I explain to him that I have dietary restrictions and the only thing I can eat is the chicken if I pull off the breading. Then I'll politely suggest they consider adding a grilled chicken breast fillet and a side salad or a grilled chicken salad to their menu sometime in the near future for people with dietary restrictions.

Last edited by Mern; 01-25-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

HOORAY FOR MERN!!!

Rock on, Wonder Woman
Old 01-25-2013, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
OK, motivators--I want kudos, a trophy, a crown or something. DH said we can go out to eat tonight but he had his heart set on a place that has on its menu ONLY fried chicken tenders, garlic bread, French fries, dipping sauce, cole slaw, fried chicken tender sandwiches and wraps. The only low stuff on the menu is diet pop, bottled water, and lettuce.

SO since I've done well on my food all day, I don't want to blow it now.
I have ready to take to the restaurant:
my food scale
a low carb tortilla
low carb coleslaw.

I will pull off the breading from the chicken and weigh the chicken before putting it on my tortilla with the slaw.

It's a fast food place and the manager is very nice. If he notices I made a low carb wrap out of my a la carte chicken tenders, I'm sure he'll be very nice if I explain to him that I have dietary restrictions and the only thing I can eat is the chicken if I pull off the breading. Then I'll politely suggest they consider adding a grilled chicken breast fillet and a side salad or a grilled chicken salad to their menu sometime in the near future for people with dietary restrictions.
Eek! Great plan...you are full of fortitude this week . Let us know how it goes.

We are going out tonight too, just decided. I offered to fix the hubby whatever favorite comfort food he wanted tonight (he has had to let 5 people go at his job today and is pretty down) and he suggested we go for Mexican (I think he means beer). So, hopefully good choices are in my future, too.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:06 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, thanks for the HOORAY and the support. You made my day.

OMG, it must have been so hard for DH to have to let 5 people go. My heart goes out to him and to those who must seek work elsewhere. I hope both of you enjoy a great dinner and some relaxation tonight. Bit hug to ya!
Old 01-25-2013, 10:05 AM
FitDay Member

YAY MERN!!

Started out well on my goals this week and ended up not so great. Didn't get my water in today
Was cleaning today so didn't exercise either.

Jenn
Old 01-25-2013, 10:26 AM
FitDay Member

I did it! The fast food restaurant's chicken tenders weighed 5.7 oz. after I got about 95% of the breading successfully pulled off them without tearing off meat. And I counted a tablespoon of corn oil (forgot to ask them what kind of oil they use) in my food log but I'll ask next time we go. Found out there is sugar in their cole slaw so glad I took my own low carb slaw. I'm quite happy and it was worth it because the low carb wrap I put together was so delicious.

Jenn, thanks for your encouragement. Cleaning burns calories, too, so don't feel bad about not getting in any formal exercise today. Keep that positive attitude going--remember to give yourself credit for each and every thing you DID accomplish this week. OK--I Will! YAY JENN!!
Old 01-25-2013, 12:12 PM
FitDay Member

Ok Mern you are my hero today!!! What dedication! And way to take very good care of yourself. I believe that we have to love our body in order to take care of it.

I have also had difficulty with my water the past couple of days. I am usually ok with that but I think it's the weather.

Got an opportunity to attend a Yin Yoga class tonight (for 2.00). A good way to end a long busy week.

Mern so glad that the clippys and smoothies are going so well. I am finding the green smoothie to be a very helpful addition to my day.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

I did it! The fast food restaurant's chicken tenders weighed 5.7 oz. after I got about 95% of the breading successfully pulled off them without tearing off meat. And I counted a tablespoon of corn oil (forgot to ask them what kind of oil they use) in my food log but I'll ask next time we go. Found out there is sugar in their cole slaw so glad I took my own low carb slaw. I'm quite happy and it was worth it because the low carb wrap I put together was so delicious.

Jenn, thanks for your encouragement. Cleaning burns calories, too, so don't feel bad about not getting in any formal exercise today. Keep that positive attitude going--remember to give yourself credit for each and every thing you DID accomplish this week. OK--I Will! YAY JENN!!

awesome job Mern!!
Old 01-25-2013, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

I did it!
W00t! Hooray #2 for you, Mern!

I did it, too . Mexican restaurant, 8:15 PM, famished as all get out (had a few almonds to take the edge off), and not one single tortilla chip or margarita crossed my lips. I went with one of my go-to orders there, a chicken burrito; the way they make it is extremely light on sauce and cheese; I asked for extra lettuce and just cut it up into a big salad with lots of their homemade salsa. Plus I still have room in the budget for an orange and an apple tonight to meet my fruit and veg goal.

Robin, glad you enjoyed your yoga. I wish I had the patience for it.

Jenn, I agree, cleaning is exercise. Unless you just stand there and point your blow dryer at the dust. Not that I've ever done that.

I hope everyone one is having a good start to the weekend...let's all be weekend warriors, m'kay?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.