Notices

Internal Motivation--Changing From the Inside!

Old 01-17-2013, 12:49 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Internal Motivation--Changing From the Inside!

I’m trying to change the way I think so that I don’t go back to my old habits and I will never have to take this journey again. An example--stop hating stairs--now I look at them as an easy addition to my daily exercise!

Meals--I'm reminding myself that each meal doesn't have to be huge . . . there will be another meal in just hours.

Do you have any thoughts that motivate you to healthier habits?

Sarah709
Old 01-19-2013, 05:59 AM
FitDay Member

Those are great examples. I try to remember how much my energy and mood improves when I move around and make healthy food choices. Feeling good ends up feeling so much better than whatever unhealthy food I may crave.

Also, although it's good to remember that more food will be coming, sometimes I am hungry and really want to eat a lot. Light meals can be huge! I often eat very large meals that are mostly raw veggies and salad greens, and as long as the 'heavier' foods are small portions, I still end up coming out ahead.