Notices

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In for 4/20/2010

Old 04-19-2010, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

Arrow 5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In for 4/20/2010

Hi Ladies...what's everyone been up to this week?
Old 04-20-2010, 12:23 AM
FitDay Member

Hi group! Scale hasn't really changed much for me, still hovering between 120 and 123, depending on time of day. But I am pleased with my nutritional habits overall. I need to cut my fat calories, though I get most of it from healthy sources. So I'm eliminating almond butter for a while to see if that helps.

On a positive note, my thigh measurements this morning were 19", down 1/2 inch since last week. That's my "problem" area, so this is encouraging.

Look forward to reading how everyone's week has gone!
Old 04-20-2010, 12:58 AM
Super Moderator

Beth...excellent job on your thighs! I can only hope to eventually get there; am like an eighth of an inch over 20" myself but it's better than it was weeks ago.

Still maintaining here; trying to focus on tightening things up. I promised myself I would buy bathing suits for summer before May 1, which is when the pre-season prices end. So, not in panic mode yet, but I'm aware of that deadline.

Excercise has been good this week; food has been fair. Several days I have not eaten what I wanted (or what my body wanted) and ended up picking at other things, so I need to be more conscious of that.

One good thing was when we went to dinner Sunday and I reached over and lifted a heavy platter to help my son with something and he exclaimed, "Oh my gosh, Mom, look at those huge muscles in your arm! I didn't even know you had those!" (Not that they're huge, per se, but they do stick out when flexed...).

It was very cool.

Hope you all had a great week !

Last edited by cjohnson728; 04-20-2010 at 01:01 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:02 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning Everyone, Each week I think I ought to take measurements and some how it ends up being a fleeting thought, so I am still going by my scale and clothes. I am at 135 (again). I go up, I go down and settle. It is a loss of 2 lbs since last week, but still up a pound from last month. I wish it were easier to figure out exactly how to keep a consistent weight loss. I have lowered my calories, increased my calories and neither seemed to do much. At least the weight training seems to be reshaping some body parts, so that's good!

Hope you all had a good week!

Jan 1st-143
April 20th-135
Old 04-20-2010, 01:11 AM
FitDay Member

Great news Beth!...and thanks for the nice words about moving on from my hiccup

Yeah Cassie! Don't you love compliments like that, especially from your family, keep it up!

Mambo, 2 pounds is great, way to go! It's hard sometimes to figure out what works best, but you are on your way

Now to actually write down that in the last 3 weeks I have gained 4 pounds. I'm just going to look at it as a hiccup as I said before. It's behind me now and I looking forward. I even got on the elliptical this morning to get my day going and I am hoping to make this a habit.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:16 AM
FitDay Member

great job keeping on track everyone! mambo--i'd be really proud of that 2lb loss! don't shrug it off... that is hard work.

the WW meeting i go to on Thursday's is canceled bc they are re-doing the floors. i've got to find another meeting to go to since i don't own a scale. i'm a bit afraid to go this week bc i feel like i may have gained. oh well. today is a new day and it's going to be full of fiber and nutritious eats!

have a wonderful tuesday ladies!
Old 04-20-2010, 01:25 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Good Morning Ladies!

Hope everyone's had a great week. As for me, I'm still hanging in there with maintenance. Just getting back out to the trails after a couple cold, windy weeks. Now that the weather has improved, I'm super busy with spring projects, schedules and increased exercise which has actually made my weight start to drop a little again. I had plateaued at 120, but now seem to be hovering between 118-119. Not complaining.

I seem to be experiencing the same thing as Cassie in that I'm 7 lbs. from being classified as "underweight" and yet I still have a bit of jiggle south of the border that I'm not happy with.

Also finding that this past week, when schedules became crazy, I opted not to eat or eat a piece of fruit rather than eat something high calorie in place of a meal. Have to be more mindful of this and plan ahead as much as possible.

On the up side, I've been reworking family favorites (much to my family's delight) back into our weekly rotation for the first time since January. Just have to watch portion control, my biggest issue.

Looking forward to reading everyones posts to see how you all did!

quinn
Old 04-20-2010, 02:50 AM
FitDay Member

I'm still scared to weigh in. what is wrong with me! Yesterday was the first day I actually logged my calories into fitday...i know, i'm a slow starter. Anyway, what is an appropriate fat, carb, protein %? Apparently i eat too many carbs but it is mostly from fruit. Is it possible to eat too much fruit? I guess i didnt realize i ate so much fruit until I logged it in. Yesterday I ate 3 apples, 2 pears, 2 lbs of strawberries...yes 2 pounds! This put my carb % way high. I have major issues with portion control. I wish i liked vegetables more...Also, how do you guys log elliptical machine? I know the readout on the machine is too high..whats a good estimate? Hopefully I'll be back next week with an actual weigh in!

Starting weight: 120
Goal weight: 110
Current weight: ???
Old 04-20-2010, 03:11 AM
FitDay Member

This week, no change in measurements and I gained one pound. I know why, my laziness is embarrassing. We signed up for Netflix a few days ago and all I've been doing is laying on the couch watching movies... so sad!

My dog has just been staring at me like, "Mom, why aren't we outside?" I say to myself, oh, I'll go ride my bike after this movie... oh wait, I've been wanting to see this, too. I'll go workout after this one...
Old 04-20-2010, 04:20 AM
FitDay Member

Hi toolarge (I really would prefer to call you something like Work-in-progress)!

As was posted earlier, it isn't necessary to post your weight here. Some of us do to stay accountable, but the purpose certainly isn't to make anyone feel inferior. Do what you feel comfortable doing.

Congrats on entering your food here. That's the first and most important step! Awareness is key.

As to macronutrient ratios, there really is no one size fits all. Many people do very well losing if they boost protein intake to as much as 35% (some even higher), using lean proteins such as chx breast, turkey breast, fish, low fat cottage cheese, greek yogurt, egg whites, tofu, whey protein, quinoa, beans, etc. As to fruit...everything I've read in the way of fat loss is to limit servings to 2-3 a day and (gulp) boost veggies to at least 3 day. I know, that's not easy. Sometimes I have to tell myself it's for my own good. When I have time, I grill a bunch with a tasty marinade and keep it in the frig for nibbling. Unfortunately, it's such a big hit in my family, it's gone quick!

Regardless of the plan you choose, we all have pretty much agreed that it's calories in vs. calories out and the plan should be something we can live with as a lifestyle. Most of us have tried the yo-yo dieting which doesn't work long term.

Keep at it and you'll find what works for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.