7 Day Motivational Thread for 1/14/13 >

7 Day Motivational Thread for 1/14/13

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread for 1/14/13

Old 01-17-2013, 02:40 PM
FitDay Member

1.) Less than or around 1400 calories/day: M - Y, T - Y, W - Y, Th - Y
2.) Follow C25k program: M - Y, T - off, W - off (sort of - I'm reorganizing my workout routine, but I did exercise!), Th - exercised
3.) Walk to car at least x4: M - Y, T - Y, W - Y, Th - Y x2
4.) Drink 64 oz. water/day: M - Y, T - Y, W - I think so, Th - not quite
5.) Figure out basal rates (pronto): um...

My new exercise regime is great, but more sore muscles are causing my weight to go the wrong direction I know these things happen, but it's still annoying.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

Slacker number one checking it. I finally got in from work about a 1/2 hour ago. Busy and long day. Kicks in the pants to the other slackers, cyber pants on the back and dancing bananas to those doing well and a big welcome to the new members!

We finally got some decent, but cold weather. I'm going to knocked out 5 miles before this damn week is up!
Old 01-18-2013, 12:13 AM
FitDay Member

Ate poorly yesterday--way too many carbs. The only thing in the yes column would be I worked out for 25 min in the afternoon plus lugging in groceries in the morning.

Jenn
Old 01-18-2013, 01:14 AM
Super Moderator

So frustrating to try to log on these days; I have to clear my whole cache each time, and then I lose a lot of saved stuff from home and work. When I have time tonight I will catch up. I've been doing really well except there is no telling how to log yesterday's lunch. I was taken out and it was a given that we would all have the buffet, and I have no idea how things were prepared. I stuck to proteins and veggies, but things were in sauces (though not creamy ones); hmm. So yesterday will be a mulligan as far as logging's concerned.

Well, have to start some reports, so hopefully I can check back in later. Hope you all have a great weekend and a wonderful Friday!
Old 01-18-2013, 01:48 AM
FitDay Premium Member

So far so good for my first week. Had 1222 calories yesterday. Breakdown as follows: Fat 47 grams, carbs 110 grams and protein 63 grams. Today is the gym, joint tune up class and 1.5 hours of physical therapy. I'm tired already.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:54 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thurs.

• Cholesterol < 250 mg/day: 144, 35, 117, 0 (Zero? could be ...)
  • Lift weights @ gym > 30 mins: Y
  • Exercise @ Home > 30 mins x 2: Y(50 mins)
  • Eat Vegetables > 3 servings/day: N(1), Y(4), Y(3), N(0)
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 39, 46, 81, 48,
  • Total Calories < 1750 / day: 1206, 1550, 1888, 1725
  • Less Sugar intake (subjective): N, ~, Y, ~
  • Be less obsessive (subjective): ~, Y, Y, Y
All this week Fitday has been intermittent, and now my internet connection is intermittent. I believe the water main replacement crew nicked the cable. So now both the cable, the water, and the roads have seriously degraded quality. I hope there's a vast improvement when construction is done. Still can use my cel phone to log, though.

Yesterday was a weird eating day for me. Lots of fruit, a multigrain baguette, apple butter, and a protein bar after a trip to the gym. In retrospect, maybe I'm becoming a vegetarian after all, at least part-time.

- Donna

P.S. I bet the Fitday service problems are driving some people away. Certainly hope it wasn't my inappropriate comments (Hope!)
Old 01-18-2013, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

Report for Day 1 of 21 Day Metabolism Makeover
Some of my goals are the plan's and some are for my own particular health management

Follow plan guidelines for meal/snack content and spacing, calories, fat, exercise YES
Calorie minimum 1200 1401
Sat fat limit 10% of total calories 10%
Net carb limit 25g 24g
Fiber minimum 25g 36g
Dietary cholesterol under 250mg per day 205mg
Protein 120g 145g
Water 64 oz. (I can't do the plan's 96 oz.) YES
Exercise 5 days (I won't do plan's 6 days) DAY OFF

Today's menu:

Breakfast: zero cholesterol egg substitute veggie omelet with roasted red pepper sauce

Morning Snack: protein shake

Lunch: roast beef chef salad with ranch dressing

Mid-afternoon snack: protein shake

Dinner: baked cod (changed from roasted pork tenderloin) sweet & sour cucumbers, asparagus

Evening snack: no preservative sliced turkey breast and a wedge of light Laughing Cow Cheese

Last edited by Mern; 01-18-2013 at 02:48 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:07 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dmartz
P.S. I bet the Fitday service problems are driving some people away.
I fear you might be right. I am pretty much a die-hard FitDay-er and I've been avoiding it.

Here is some info from admin...they are working on the issues:

Since the weekend, we have had an unprecedented load on our database as new users have signed up and started logging food in droves. This is of course excellent But has caused a few problems with keeping up with the demand. We actually added a brand new server box on Monday, and the tech team continues to troubleshoot issues with getting it fully synched with the rest of the servers (which is why some issues may be sporadic-- if a user logs in and happens to get the twitchy server, they may see issues; they they may log out & log back in and hit the old servers and be fine).

So I'm preaching patience (trying to practice it, too!) and thanking everyone for hanging in there .
Old 01-18-2013, 02:10 AM
FitDay Member

I only had issues that first day - since then, I guess I've been lucky to get the old servers! Hope it gets resolved soon.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:58 AM
FitDay Member

Busy day and don't have time to address everyone individually, but I'm rooting everyone on.

Thanks to all for your encouragement on my trial of a new way of eating to help speed up my metabolism.

Joanna, kudos on the new exercise routine.

Cassie, thanks for the info on the logging in difficulties.

Donna, so sorry for your difficulties since the water main work. Zero cholesterol--LOL--that ought to knock the socks off your blood cholesterol numbers. Seriously, though, best wishes on your success. I'd soooo much like to see progress in my triglyceride numbers in March.

Caty, you're off to a really good start. Congrats on that.

Jenn, well, kudos on the workout and grocery lugging!

Gotta go pick up a grandkid from school.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.