Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread for 1/7/2013

Old 01-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Hey Tori, how is the Jassi Cat??

Robin, thanks for the link. I may have to try that parfait. It reminds me of the one from Panera, except they use granola (come to think of it, that picture in your link looks more like granola than oats). Regardless, yum.

Today's report:

1. Calories 1300 or fewer. 1279
2. Exercise 5 days or more.
3. 64 oz. fluids. Yes
4. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes
5. Sleep 7 hours per night, at least. Nope-6
6. Eat clean. Yes
7. Eat at least 4 fruits/veggies per day. Yes-4
8. Drive with the boy. Yes
Old 01-07-2013, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

1) log everything (except for one cheat day) yes (it wasn't that pretty)
2) 3 fruit/veggies per day 2
3) exercise 3 times 0
4) a lot of water pretty good
---------------
5) write two policies 0
6) lend a helping hand not yet
Old 01-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by molly221
I need to be more active here. 7 posts since jan 2011. I have logged my weight and meals in the last 2 years.

Goals:
Log meals every day.
Walk at least 20 minutes each day.
Get at least 8 hours of sleep each night
Welcome back Molly!!

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
I've gained roughly 10 lbs since he's been home. Partly because I haven't really cared what I was eating.
Wait, what?? You gained 10 pounds and didn't blame me? That's like saying "blah blah blah" it has no substance without the blame game. Sheesh, some people, do I need to teach you everything? Now in our WT language... WWYGWADBM??? blah blah blah. Dew eye need two teech you everting?

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Pretty good day here. I was ravenous today, unfortunately, which makes it hard 'cause all you can think about is all the food you wish you could be eating. But, I've ended up around 1320 calories, so I did fine.

I'm watching the Biggest Loser, which I haven't done since like, season 2 or 3. It's pretty inspiring, despite not really being realistic.
good job on staying so low on the calories. Great idea on watching the Biggest Looser.

Originally Posted by canary52
Holy cow, you're back!!! I was beginning to think Mike kidnapped you!!!

You're counted in by all means!!!
No, she locked the door and wouldn't let me in. I huffed and puffed and when I was out of breath she threw an empty inhaler at me.

Originally Posted by lcriswell0421
Anybody mind if I come back and join the party?
It's been a while since I replied with a song, you get the first one of 2013!!

Originally Posted by canary52
Mike!!!! Welcome back!!! Sorry your back is out. Now I feel bad and can't even throw a pebble at ya.
Thanks. It felt much better once I hopped on the bike. Poor TPM has been neglected.

Originally Posted by Robingen
I was hungry today too but I know why poor planning. All was good until supper, I was far from home, did not eat enough and then went to the gym hungry. And left the gym very hungry. And then picked up my son who wanted to go through the Tim Horton's drive through (he's eating 3000 cals per day to GAIN weight) and I thought oh well I will have a yogourt. Guess what no yogourt. I could have really blew it then, lots of bad choices at Tim's but I got a small decaf coffee and nursed it til I could get home and make some toast.

Learned my lesson about going to the gym hungry!! Total cals for the day 1300 whew! Close call.

Mike, hope your back is feeling better.

Robin
Poor planning gets the best of us. Thanks, as long as I'm able to go without surgery, I should quit crying about it.

Originally Posted by kimbur96
OK kids here are this weeks goals:
1) Follow the half marathon training program without deviating.
Training is for suckers! Well, I guess if I don't get busy, I'll be the sucker in.... ummmmmmm 7 weeks.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:54 PM
FitDay Member

Wow, Robin! I've never heard of Tim's, but from what I can gather here they must have some pretty good stuff there. You must have will of steel to wait until you got home!
Lisa, Tim Horton's is THE coffee and donut shop, one every few blocks. They sell the most amazing carbs: sandwiches, bagels and donuts and rolls of every flavor. Everything you can picture leaking with sugar. Everybody goes there, the line ups are huge. I clearly have to stay away from there...
Old 01-07-2013, 09:56 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Hey Tori, how is the Jassi Cat??

Robin, thanks for the link. I may have to try that parfait. It reminds me of the one from Panera, except they use granola (come to think of it, that picture in your link looks more like granola than oats). Regardless, yum.

Today's report:

1. Calories 1300 or fewer. 1279
2. Exercise 5 days or more.
3. 64 oz. fluids. Yes
4. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes
5. Sleep 7 hours per night, at least. Nope-6
6. Eat clean. Yes
7. Eat at least 4 fruits/veggies per day. Yes-4
8. Drive with the boy. Yes
Off to a good start Cassie!
Old 01-08-2013, 12:21 AM
FitDay Member

Default Monday Report

I was extra hungry Monday also. I believe it's a residual effect from the weekend/end-of-holidays. Goals this week - more of the same from Dec. with one new addition:
  • Cholesterol < 250 mg/day: 250,
  • Lift weights @ gym (> 30 mins):
  • & Exercise > 30 mins x 2:
  • Vegetables! > 3 serviings/day: Y
Just looked back at the log from yesterday and I just squeaked under the Cholesterol threshold, with 249.5 mg! Hoping to be more conscious about that this year.

- Donna
Old 01-08-2013, 12:26 AM

Mike, thanks for the song!

Cassie, I agree with Robin...great start!

1. Take meds 2x day
yes
2. Log everything
yes
3. Plan meals day before so I have a plan ready to go when I wake up
no (I forgot last night, but I did it immediately when I logged on this morning before I ate anything and ruined my day.)

I woke up at about 3a.m. and found myself foraging through the fridge because I was starving. I thought, "3 more hours until I can eat breakfast???!!! I can't make it!" I managed to snap myself out of it and made myself go back to bed. The hunger passed because when I woke up at the right time, I didn't feel that hungry at all. So glad I was able to get past the urge and not hit the snack cupboard!
Old 01-08-2013, 12:38 AM
FitDay Member

I woke up at about 3a.m. and found myself foraging through the fridge because I was starving. I thought, "3 more hours until I can eat breakfast???!!! I can't make it!" I managed to snap myself out of it and made myself go back to bed. The hunger passed because when I woke up at the right time, I didn't feel that hungry at all. So glad I was able to get past the urge and not hit the snack cupboard!
Way to go!

When I wake up @ 3 I'm always dehydrated. Drink more water!

- Donna
Old 01-08-2013, 01:12 AM
FitDay Member

A quick update. I will catch up with everyone this evening.

1--Log EVERYTHING!--yes
2--Drink Water....lots and lots of water!--better, but not great
3--Hit the treadmill at least 3 times--nope
4--Log in and post at least 5 times--yep
Old 01-08-2013, 02:03 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:

1) stretch every day: Yes
2) plan food (seems to be working): Yes
3) stay close to plan: Ummm
4) drink 6 glasses of water: 6
5) keep track of water: Yes
6) meditate (it really helps): Yes
7) practice Spanish at least a half hour a day if not more: Si
8) be professional: Yes
9) Do not JAD, explain I think is OK (justify, argue, defend): Yes
10) Light exercise 3x min this week without doing anything to further upset my back or knees: NO

Boy this thread is jumping, more later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.