7 Day Motivational Thread for 1/7/2013 >

7 Day Motivational Thread for 1/7/2013

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread for 1/7/2013

Old 01-11-2013, 01:08 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Just got my HbA1C results back - 6.4%! For those not in the know, that's basically a 3 month average of how my blood sugars have been. That's the best A1C I've ever had! Well since I was diagnosed almost 17 years ago. The insulin pump was the best decision I ever made.
Congratulations! That's wonderful. My neighbor has an insulin pump and really likes it, as well.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry I did not pop back in to post. I had some sad news this afternoon and have just been at loose ends. I learned that my son's former pediatrician passed away from pancreatic cancer. As all of you with children know, a wonderful pediatrician is worth more than their weight in gold, and he was a special man who touched many, many hearts and families .

I will catch up my goals tomorrow. I had lunch out today and had spicy basil shrimp; have no idea how to log, so I will probably skip logging today, but I did make good choices throughout. I have a foster parent training in the morning so I'll catch y'all in the afternoon.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:09 PM
FitDay Member

1.) Calories under 1400/day: M - Y, T - Y, W - Y, Th - N, F - Y
2.) Stick with C25k program: M - off, T - Y, W - off, Th - Y, F - off
3.) Walk to car x4: M - Y, T - Y, W - Y, Th - Y, F - Y

I had to switch yesterday's calorie yes to a no, but oh well. Made an awesome spaghetti squash dish for dinner today - very low calorie and very filling!

Cassie, I'm very sorry about the loss of your friend - tough news!
Old 01-12-2013, 12:14 AM
FitDay Member

Joanna, that's great!! I have been able to keep mine stable at 7.1 (for a yr) without medication but my Dr would like it to be below 7.

The dietician and nurse are both nice and helpful if I have any questions it's just not everybody fits the same mold. A diabetic meal plan doesn't work for me if they have an omelet for breakfast. Most meal plans include protein at every meal.

Jenn
Old 01-12-2013, 01:54 AM
FitDay Member

Default Fri.

• Cholesterol < 250 mg/day: 250, 188, 196, 183, 173
  • Lift weights @ gym (> 30 mins): Y
  • & Exercise > 30 mins x 2: Y(1), Y(2)
  • Vegetables! > 3 servings/day: Y, Y, Y, N, N
Emphatic NO on vegetables. Otherwise looks good. Cals in >= cals out all week.

Mern, Jenn: there's a reason they call professional medical advice 'opinions.' It's good to hear a few, but You have to determine if the info you receive is right for you. I have to say though, the idea of inducing diabetes in order to control blood sugar sound totally absurd. And just like something a big pharma shill would recommend.

Cassie: I have some advice on how to log spicy basil shrimp. I'd break it down into the main parts. Approx. how many shrimp, what size, broiled/baked or steamed. Log that. Then ... Did it have rice? Was it in a broth? Were there veggies? If so, what was the main veggie / grain / soup base. Estimate the portion(s) of that stuff. Ignore anything that's low cal, such as basil/spices/etc. Hope this helps.

Hope! Sorry you are having arguments with your daughter. I'm not sure if that's better or worse than communication shutting down completely. I'm sure that as she gets older, she'll come around to your side.

Whew! that's a lot for this am. Later all.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:38 AM
FitDay Member

Half way through the weekend and I'm managing to stay on plan. I brought out my panini press and it has been a lifesaver when I'm busy or don't feel like cooking. If your tired of your same old cold wrap or flatbread, give it a try. Tonight, I used Joseph's flatbread (90 cal.) and it was delicious.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

Not too many weekend warriors checking in. Tisk tisk.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

Here, doing fine, just no time to be on the computer today.

And, RAVENS!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2013, 02:25 PM
FitDay Member

I'm here, fighting the good fight. I've had a good day, went for a run.

1.) Calories under 1400/day: M - Y, T - Y, W - Y, Th - N, F - Y, S - Y
2.) Stick with C25k program: M - off, T - Y, W - off, Th - Y, F - off, S - Y
3.) Walk to car x4: M - Y, T - Y, W - Y, Th - Y, F - Y, S - N/A
Old 01-13-2013, 12:18 AM
FitDay Member

Me too! Things are going fine. Nothing to say really, sticking with goals. I'll be picking up, loading and stacking firewood today. Didn't look yet to see if that's in the fitday activity log . Also today is snowshoeing day with my neighbour. I think others are joining us today. The temp has improved, it's hanging around freezing. Makes it much more pleasant to get out and do stuff.

Welcome to the newbies! I've been here a month now so I guess I am not new anymore.

Robin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.