Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Motivational for 12/24/12-12/30/12: Anybody? >

Motivational for 12/24/12-12/30/12: Anybody?

Community
Notices

Motivational for 12/24/12-12/30/12: Anybody?

Old 12-30-2012, 01:25 AM
FitDay Member

Well yesterday started out well, had a big hike/snowshoe and make a nutritious seafood chowder in the actifry. But went to the movies last night so, of course, had movie theatre popcorn.

Don't know if I can get outside today. Big snowstorm with high winds.

A few more days of vacation and then back to work. This will make the healthy cooking challenging. I have to start giving myself time in the am to make a lunch.

How did you make out with your meal plan Hope?

Robin
Old 12-30-2012, 03:43 AM
FitDay Member

1) plan meals: Yeah, yup, no ( was writing, then ran to acupuncture in the am but these are excuses I know) yes, yes, yes
2) stick close to plan: HA! HAHA! Nooooo yes but I went overboard with the popcorn and OK I had soup at midnight...chicken broth...c'mon; next day: no plan, no sticking to it yes I traded out chicken for steak and had a cup of pocorn but ate less than planned otherwise I swapped out the sword fish for pizza, the first slice (a veggie slice) was fine; the second plain cheese eaten later and cold- well there was no reason for that other than compulsiveness close but my tummy was messed up so I ate some pretzels too many pretzels
3) stretch: yes, yes, no couldn't too weak (more excuses) yes, yes, yes
4) drink more water: yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
5) remain positive: trying... trying...yes, yes and believe me, I was challenged Not really, still angry at DD who was insuffferably rude and disrespectful to me the other day. She did apologize and did try to work it out but well I have to let it go and apparently I'm not ready. yes I really did; I let go

Last edited by canary52; 12-30-2012 at 04:00 AM.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:53 AM
FitDay Member

Robin, like you, my beginning was better than my end. As I said in my goal post (pardon the pun) I went a little overboard with the pretzels.

I think it sounds like you did great. Snow shoe and hike, wow!! Sound sliek fun and good exercise. What is the actifry?

I too have trouble with the movie popcorn; just doesn't seem like a movie without it. I try to limit it tho I admit I recently went hog wild with it which might have been why I didn't even want it (tho I bought it) the next time. I spilled it out. I watched Les Mis on less than a cup f pocorn. When I am being really disciplined (notice I didn't say being good; it's not a judgment) I buy the small size and stick with that, despite the fact that money wise it is a rip off. But is it worth it to myself just to get a "better bargain"? Sometimes I bring my own pre measured snacks.

Which is the same with food and work I guess. It's hard but it mainly takes planning. Which brings me to my next post: THE DREADED MEAL PLAN. Actually I've beeen liking it. I finally just got back to the weight I was sustaining, 4 pounds lower than my "holiday weight" gain, one pound more than my lowest weight in recent history. My goal is to lose 7pounds. I just got new clothes - in my own drawers, pants I finally fit again - probably not in style but at least closer to my goal...

My big challenge now will be New Years Eve. DH and I have a traditional lobster and champagne dinner. Plus now we are going to a party where our friend have LOTS of food and I promised I would bring (gulp) dessert. Maybe I will make something I don't like (if I figure out what THAT is lol...) I may just bring a dessert for them and fruit salad for me. I have goals!!!! Haha.

Last edited by canary52; 12-30-2012 at 04:02 AM.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:58 AM
FitDay Member

Plan:

Brunch (just changed when DH offered to make it so)
Goat cheese and avocado omelet
maybe one slice sf whole grian bread
Cantaloupe
chicken or fish and veg
Snacks
slices of ham
fruit
nuts
lox or sardines (weird I know)
cucumber slices or pickles
Old 12-30-2012, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

Well I did go out and snowshoe in the storm. It wasn't too bad in the woods and the dog loves it.

Hope I have NEVER attended a movie without popcorn- though I am getting a small. I eat it very slowly so that the small lasts the whole movie. But I wish I had the discipline to bring something of my own. Course my husband and son are chowing down on theirs. So that makes it harder.

Yes I think you should make a desert you don't like for the party! Can't imagine what that would be for me.

Robin
Old 12-30-2012, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

And. Hope, putting stuff on line seems to be working for you!
Old 12-30-2012, 08:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Robingen
And. Hope, putting stuff on line seems to be working for you!
You know, Robin, it is. Even if I don't stick exactly to the plan, at least I have one.

I try to do the same: try to nurse a small popcorn through a whole movie. But more often I buy the medium to "share," then wind up eating too much of it!!! What is it about movies and snacks? Truth is, I can eat a good part of a medium just through the previews alone!!!

I wish I could snowshoe but between the bad knees (and everything else), I will just have to live vicariously through you and others!!!!

As for the dessert, I blew it. I made an orange bundt cake with icing. Since I never made it before, you know I'm gonna try it. I will also bring a fruit salad but let's be real. I am just gonna have to figure a (hopefully small) piece in to my plan, also have to fit in lobster (OK) butter to dip (err not so OK) and champagne.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:03 PM
FitDay Member

Well is our week of motivation over? Today is the 31st. I did well this week and this thread helped a lot- thanks to all of you for the support and Happy New Year.

Hope I admire your exercising with bad knees. I always wondered how do people with bad knees do cardio.

Hope and Mern the actifry is an alternative to deep frying that cooks with air instead. I bought it for my husband who wants to make homemade fries and I refused to have a deep fryer in the house. You can make one batch of fries (your own cut up potatoes) (enough for 3 people) with one Tbsp of oil. There are other recipes as well so I did the seafood chowder. It was expensive so I hope it holds up well.