Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/10/12

Old 12-12-2012, 12:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default Sugar, the gateway drug.

Had to fly yesterday, so I'm now trying to catch up.

Mike: Don't know what to say about the ghost. Too eerie. Maybe some incense and Christmas cheer will keep them at bay for a while. & btw Poptarts may be worse than pb&j.

Cassie: Liked the pic of the flab abs! For Christmas I would like an Otto to do the mixing. Also a Klaus to do the clean up! I did cook home made pasta once this year when I was ambitious. Butternut Squash Ravioli with sugo rosa, all from scratch. Used a rolling pin the way (Jupiter) intended.

Hope: The meal plans are not boring. I often read them and think, 'That looks good, think I'll have some salmon too!' Know what? A good antidote for anger and hate is exercise! Oh, and I'm so stealing that bumper sticker!

Quinn: I'll be thinking of you at the Christmas party tomorrow. Thanks for the insipration.

To everyone else, keep after those goals!

- Donna
Old 12-12-2012, 12:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Haha... I named my GPS Stella, as in STELLLLLLAAA!!!!! (For all of you Seinfeld watchers. lol)
LOVE IT!!!!!!! But I admit, I thought Streetcar too.

In the Gumbo Shop in NOLA they have a Stella bellowing contest. Maybe you could win?

BTW I love your goal *6. I think I should adopt that one (it's what I meant by don't overdo. I always do too much and wind up stressed out. Not this year, I hope.)

Mike, instead of being made with pork or beef, chicken sausage is made with chicken; this one (One of the many Bilinski choices) has red peppers and spices, lots of fennel, quite good, lower in fat (3 gr). There are diferent brands: Bilinski's, Al Fresco, etc. Try it!!! Altho you know what they say: sausage and laws: you never want to think about how they're made.

Donna, go head and take the bumper sticker; it's not my original thought anyway lol (tho my daugher did have a shirt that said Sugar, sugar, sugar on it in sparkles when she was little. Talk about a sugar junky...) I am so gald the menus aren't boring and are even of some inspiration. They sure are helping me. I'm the lowest weight I've been in a while. Of course, I haven't been eating that much these past few days and we'll see what happens when the holidays really hit. But at least I'll have a cushion, pardon the pun.

Now I do haveta get on that exercise...

I also like the idea of holiday exorcism of Mike's ghost(s). Maybe wave Poptarts at `em... Lol.

Last edited by canary52; 12-12-2012 at 02:09 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

It's good to see people doing pretty well - seems like we've all been struggling for a few months. I know I have.

I had a good day yesterday, calorie-wise. I'm trying to wrap my head around getting back to the gym, but I'm not being very successful. I know my weight loss is much faster when I'm going, but I'm just so unmotivated these days. I mean, I'm trying to walk to/from my car, which like I've said, is a little over a mile, but still... it doesn't help that it's so cold out - just doesn't make me want to do it.

My family's 10 lb. challenge is going well! My dad and sister are both down 5.5 lbs and my mom is down 3.5 lbs. I'm down 1 lb. But that's my fault. Looks like I won't be winning, but I'll put $10 in the pot for my family's health any day!
Old 12-12-2012, 02:47 AM
FitDay Member

Joanna, 1lb is still good! I lost .5lb which considering I didn't exercise at all last week is pretty good.
Yesterday I thought I didn't exercise but I was up and down the stairs 3 times to get 2 boxes for tree and one bag that has stuff for mantle plus down to basement to drag the tree upstairs. Each set has 12 steps.

Jenn
Old 12-12-2012, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

Haha! All of you are partially right about Stella. The Seinfeld episode is the one where Elaine throws her back out while visiting Jerry's parents and takes a powerful pain killer to attend a party. Jerry hurts his eye and has to attend with dark glasses. The rest is on the link below. I have an extremely frustrating GPS, partially because I live in a fairly mountainous region and her instructions (I call them destructions...) occasionally take me on wild goose chases. So, I use the famous Stella yell to yell at my GPS when I end up on the wrong road.

Seinfeld: Stella...Stella!!! - YouTube
Old 12-12-2012, 04:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Mike, bummer about it being negative so it's good it's not that often. It IS creepy tho.
Originally Posted by dmartz
Mike: Don't know what to say about the ghost. Too eerie. Maybe some incense and Christmas cheer will keep them at bay for a while. & btw Poptarts may be worse than pb&j.

- Donna
I guess I shouldn't say it's negative. It's not like anything has been thrown at me or anything crazy. It just doesn't give me the warm fuzzies so I assume it's negative because to be honest... when things "go bump in the night" it kinda scares me.

Originally Posted by canary52
LOVE IT!!!!!!! But I admit, I thought Streetcar too.

In the Gumbo Shop in NOLA they have a Stella bellowing contest. Maybe you could win?

BTW I love your goal *6. I think I should adopt that one (it's what I meant by don't overdo. I always do too much and wind up stressed out. Not this year, I hope.)

Mike, instead of being made with pork or beef, chicken sausage is made with chicken; this one (One of the many Bilinski choices) has red peppers and spices, lots of fennel, quite good, lower in fat (3 gr). There are diferent brands: Bilinski's, Al Fresco, etc. Try it!!! Altho you know what they say: sausage and laws: you never want to think about how they're made.

I also like the idea of holiday exorcism of Mike's ghost(s). Maybe wave Poptarts at `em... Lol.
Y'all should make it down to the Gumbo Shop, I'll join in! The sausage sounds good, I may have to try to find some. With the ghost, the activity seems to pick up when there is something going on in the house. If there is tension or work going on, like laying tile. How know what triggered it, maybe because I got rid of the old livingroom furniture a few weeks ago and got a new set, maybe it's the tree in the house, who knows?

Originally Posted by bojibridge
It's good to see people doing pretty well - seems like we've all been struggling for a few months. I know I have.

I had a good day yesterday, calorie-wise. I'm trying to wrap my head around getting back to the gym, but I'm not being very successful. I know my weight loss is much faster when I'm going, but I'm just so unmotivated these days. I mean, I'm trying to walk to/from my car, which like I've said, is a little over a mile, but still... it doesn't help that it's so cold out - just doesn't make me want to do it.

My family's 10 lb. challenge is going well! My dad and sister are both down 5.5 lbs and my mom is down 3.5 lbs. I'm down 1 lb. But that's my fault. Looks like I won't be winning, but I'll put $10 in the pot for my family's health any day!
Joanna, get your ass in gear. Get to the gym TODAY!!!! Don't throw in the towel on the 10 pound challenge. You got this!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:26 AM
FitDay Member

Hope – I was strong until about 5pm when I got home and they were still staring at me! You’re right… it was not worth it…

Cassie – Sorry to hear about the panic mode persisting. Hang in there! Otto… HAHAHAHA!!!! I have the pasta attachment for my KA – I have trouble with the dough though. Can’t seem to get it quite right (it all sticks together in the bowl after cutting the pasta), but the attachment works great!

Mike – I have never seen or felt the presence of a ghost… but when living in Louisiana I went ghost hunting with a couple of girlfriends once... one claimed to be a witch and the other a psychic . Those were some crazy days…

Krystal – Nice job on your goals this week! I am having trouble with the Christmas gifts too… good luck! We had a real life National Lampoon disaster of a Christmas a few years ago. Our Christmas goal since then has been to “limit family interactions” outside of immediate family of course.

Joanna – Glad you’re here! What is it about crap food that makes it always easily accessible… I am in the same boat trying to avoid it!

Donna – Yes - it is a gateway drug! Glad you have the opportunity to slow down a bit and catch up!

Quinn – I’ll definitely check out that episode! Thought I have seen them all but your description does not ring a bell. My car has a GPS and there is a woman’s voice that gives directions over the speaker system… I should give her a name. But I’d rather see if I can change it to someone else, like sexy Italian man voice. I may use the GPS a lot more often then!

Jenn – House chores definitely count as exercise! Congrats on the -.5 lb!

I did sort-a bad yesterday. At lunch I went Christmas shopping at Barns & Noble and Panda Express just happened to be right across the street. My favorite is the Panda bowl with chow-mien and orange chicken, but the calories are sky high so I compromised and got steamed rice, Mandarin chicken and a cup of water. It was awful. Then I spilled the sauce covered rice down the front of my work clothes. Serves me right for eating forbidden foods – and while in my car (parked of course)! Then before dinner I had the cookie – the gooey butter filled calorie laden peanut-butter cookie. And a beer. But DH wanted to go out for dinner last night and I talked him out of it (slight redemption?). We had black bean soup and sandwiches instead.

I have not made it to the gym this week. This blasted head-cold has me worn down and I can’t seem to find the motivation to get the exercise in. I know... excuses, excuses! I have my gym bag in the car and will try hard to get there after work tonight. I plan to get DS to the indoor pool Friday morning at the Gym. DH and I are teaching him to swim, and I need to consistently work in those Friday mornings for both of us to get some good exercise in the pool. Gee I’m chatty today! Better get back to it!

Hope everyone has had a great day! Ama
Old 12-12-2012, 10:10 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all,

I am going to just jump in. I need the support. My goal is to do two things that will motivate me.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Tammyjane2011
Hi all,

I am going to just jump in. I need the support. My goal is to do two things that will motivate me.
Let me guess - Get up and walk away from the computer?

- Donna
Old 12-12-2012, 12:25 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Tammyjane, welcome!!!

Ugh, I just ate TOO MUCH. Ama, talk about it was there (and then gulp! it wasn't) and it was SO NOT WORTH IT. DD came home so I made potato pancakes which I THOUGHT I could resist. Nope. Overcooked the chicken but ate too much of that too. Put out carrots and guacamole and ate too much of that too. But I promise you this: I am NOT going near the donuts. I PROMISE.

Uggh. I hate how this feels. Overstuffed, especially since I've been eating so little lately. Heavy sigh. There goes 131...it was nice while it lasted...

Mike, I love NOLA!!! Love that place.

I have had experience with ghosts but isolated incidents, family members saying goodbye and a few times feeling stuff in other places (sometimes intense like been pushed on the stairs.) Have a couple of good hair rasing or touching stories. But never anything on a longer term basis. It's interesting to hear there may be triggers but it makes sense.

Ama, don't beat yourself up. We all have lapses. And feeling crappy often triggers em. Feel better, honey. Nice to hear you "talking."

Joanna I love the "10 pound challenge." When is it over?

Last edited by canary52; 12-12-2012 at 12:36 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.