Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/10/12

Old 12-11-2012, 04:26 AM
Super Moderator

I am envious of the cooking time! But not of the snow...too much running around this week to enjoy that! And while I'm coveting, Krystal, very nice on the food processor. I've been angling for a bigger one but I also asked Santa for the pasta maker attachment to my KitchenAid, and he does not have a limitless budget, you know.

Adding insult to injury, after juggling and rescheduling everything, court got continued. I wish I had a free afternoon, but I'm way behind, so am headed to the jail, then to reports. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Mike, are you going to post our FitDay tree? We have new folks to add!

Glad you got yours up, Jenn.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I am envious of the cooking time! But not of the snow...too much running around this week to enjoy that! And while I'm coveting, Krystal, very nice on the food processor. I've been angling for a bigger one but I also asked Santa for the pasta maker attachment to my KitchenAid, and he does not have a limitless budget, you know.
Pasta attachment for the KitchenAid?? No way!! You have to do it "Old School" and crank it by hand! Then, you've already burned a bunch of calories by the time you eat all of that great pasta! Hubby and I are making homemade cheese ravs for New Year's this weekend... I make him do the work if he wants the product! lol
Old 12-11-2012, 04:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default cookie overload!

Originally Posted by quinnesec
I shouldn't tease you because I made 8 dozen cookies in the past 2 days and MAY have tried a couple, for quality control, of course.

Will probably do 3-4 more dozen this afternoon... We had 5" of snow on Monday, so it was nice to stay home and mess around in the kitchen, my favorite place to be.
Thanks Quinn It's not enough I have to put up with everyone posting photos of their squares and or cookies but you talk about them too!
Ok my Mom has squares in the freezer but they will stay there until Christmas. Oh yeah my Aunt is giving her some today AND probably going to my uncle's place for dessert some day this week.

Jenn
Old 12-11-2012, 07:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Oh Hope, I don't like the no's beside letting go of anger and self-hate. I hope today you can have a yes beside both of those!!

Jenn
Thanks, Jenn! Gonna try!! Looking good so far!

Last edited by canary52; 12-11-2012 at 07:10 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:05 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Hope, yeah she died back in '98. For the longest time, my GF and I kept what was going on from the kids because we didn't want to spook them. Then it spooked us when THEY started talking about it one day. I guess deep down we were trying not to believe what was going on and didn't want to corrupt their thinking. Nothing crazy has happened (like you see in movies, like the house shaking, etc), but there is definitely something not normal going on.
It's interesting (and natural) that you tried to shield them but that the kids picked it up. You also mentioned Mystie picking it up; one of my cats did in one case too. It's not always like the movies - sometimes it's a glimpse of something, something (in one case for me, chairs) moved, even a chill air.

Do you feel a positive or negative presence or is it neutral? Are you still comfortable there?
Old 12-11-2012, 07:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
Goals
Lots of water: Y
1 cup tea/day (green or earl grey): Y
Limit processed foods: Y
Be mindful of portion sizes: Y
Multi-Vitamin/day: N, Y
Exercise at gym x2/week: N
Exercise at home x2/week: N

I am at my kitchen counter (working on my laptop) and there is a box of peanut butter cookies staring at me... DH bought them for a fishing trip today, but just took a handful with him so the remainder are here! 170 cals for just 1! I think I'll pass But can't say it is easy...

Ama
5’6”
40yo

5lbs to new goal:
Be strong, Ama! 170 cals for 1; it aint worth it!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:13 AM
FitDay Member

Ok could we please stop talking about pasta? For some reason, that's getting me (not the cookies surprisingly) and now I have a craving for a huge bowl of whole wheat pasta pesto...

Krystal, thank for your kind words. You're such a wonderful presence here yourself; so glad to have you onboard. Plus you'll be proud: bleary from lack of sleep, I actually cut up veggies, had an egg white omelet for breakfast with some and made a salad to take to class. That attachment would have come in handy...

Love what you said, Cassie: "but Santa doesn't have an unlimited budget" lol... I hear that...neither does Yenta Claus (my Jewish version.)
Old 12-11-2012, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

Pasta attachment for the KitchenAid?? No way!! You have to do it "Old School" and crank it by hand! Then, you've already burned a bunch of calories by the time you eat all of that great pasta! Hubby and I are making homemade cheese ravs for New Year's this weekend... I make him do the work if he wants the product! lol
I'll have to burn calories another way. I have deQuervain's in my wrist, tennis elbow, and shoulder impingement. There is no way I am cranking by hand, unless I want to lose a limb. That is why I have Otto .
Old 12-11-2012, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

Ok... you get a pass. Now, lose the Pop Tarts and chew on an apple or something! (Oh, an apple smeared with peanut butter... now that sounds pretty good! ) One of my favorite snacks lately has been a Granny Smith apple dipped in caramel Greek yogurt.

I shouldn't tease you because I made 8 dozen cookies in the past 2 days and MAY have tried a couple, for quality control, of course.

Will probably do 3-4 more dozen this afternoon... We had 5" of snow on Monday, so it was nice to stay home and mess around in the kitchen, my favorite place to be.
mmmmm cookies. Today I was bad for lunch, but I'm doing better.

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Mike, are you going to post our FitDay tree? We have new folks to add!
I wish I could. I just got some new software to do that type of stuff but it's on the high end (way too advanced for me) and just starting off is consuming my time. If I can figure it out before then, I will put one together. If not, next year you can count on an awesome one that will be 3D animation.

Originally Posted by canary52
It's interesting (and natural) that you tried to shield them but that the kids picked it up. You also mentioned Mystie picking it up; one of my cats did in one case too. It's not always like the movies - sometimes it's a glimpse of something, something (in one case for me, chairs) moved, even a chill air.

Do you feel a positive or negative presence or is it neutral? Are you still comfortable there?
I feel that it's negative. It gives me a creepy feeling. Tori things that I'm dealing with a poltergeist. I have no clue, it's not invited or welcomed! I am confortable, only because it doesn't happen that often and it doesn't seem to get worse.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:28 AM
FitDay Member

Hey guys, I'm here, too... bit late. I've got a busy week trying to finalize a research report about my last 7 months of work.

My goals are the usual... once again, just trying to avoid the crap food.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.