Notices

Why????

Old 04-15-2010, 10:23 PM
FitDay Member

Default Why????

I just want to make it to my first goal: 215lbs. This week, I have only been gaining even though I'm doing better than ever. I need to lose this weight, but my body is rebelling. Why am I avoiding sugar and processed foods, keeping my calories between 1300 and 1500 to not lose weight? My nutrition is spot on, and I take a multi anyways. Why do I work out an hour every single day (40 minutes intense circuit training, 20+ minutes walking), to NOT LOSE WEIGHT? I am so unbelievably frustrated. I haven't lost any inches this week either. Hell, right now, I would be so so so happy to lose one single pound (and be at 217, instead of 219 after gaining a lb this week from being good?) and maybe a quarter of an inch off my waist or hips.

I'm having a get-together tonight. I bought alcohol, chips, dip etc. I keep telling myself I'm not going to eat any of it (I got shrimp cocktail to snack on- mostly avoiding the sauce, and some lighter calorie options for drinks). But at this point, I almost want to give up. Like, why should I deprive myself if I'll be gaining weight either way???

I'm just frustrated. I know I have to stick it out, but this majorly blows. I'm only 23- this stuff should be melting off me, right? I just finished with my period, so it's not bloat from that either. I didn't lose what I thought I was going to from it.

I hope that sdfkjhdskjfhd scale is broken...I feel like breaking it now even if it isn't.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:14 AM
FitDay Member

I know that feeling - your body will be more healthy though so thats a good thing (thats what i say to myself when i'm at the same stage as you!).

dont be tempted tonight - what I say is:

'The next day, you NEVER regret NOT having any food;
...but you ALWAYS regret having some.'

Keep going and so will I!!!!
Old 04-16-2010, 02:46 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Nessa,

Is it possible you are eating too few calories? There was another thread a week or so ago in which someone had similar complaints of not losing, and eventually had a metabolic assessment of some sort at the gym and too few calories for what she required was the culprit. If I can find the post, I'll link it.

Here it is...http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...ight-loss.html

Last edited by cjohnson728; 04-16-2010 at 02:51 AM.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:23 PM
FitDay Member

Please don't get discouraged. It's all about baby steps and becoming a healthier individual. Good luck. There is a stranger here that believes you can do it.