Notices

Running or walking

Old 12-10-2012, 08:54 AM
FitDay Member

Default It's all good

I do a mix of both...I love running and do about 5mi x3 days a week. I also hike all I can.

I think the key is heart rate... I can amble along at 2.5mph on flat ground and never get a heart rate increase, I burn calories but don't get much workout from it- some people can and do. That same 2.5mph with 3k' vertical is a whole different story.

For fitness, the heart rate monitor is your best friend.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:30 PM
FitDay Member

The strain put on the joints by running depends on a number of things: it helps to have the right sneakers, to have good form, to stretch regularly, and maintain muscle in the legs (which softens the impact on the joints). I am 190 right now and running causes me no joint pain at all. Mind you I won't be winning any races lol.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:49 AM
FitDay Member

Default Try so something different

One other suggestion would be to shake things up a little, try walking or jogging in a pool. This can add resistance and won't be hard on your joints as it would be otherwise.
Good luck to you.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:31 PM
FitDay Member

Talking

Hi..

That's not enough off for you, you have to do some more excise and yoga, meditation..

maintain excise, yoga, never don't think about weight.

Walking is the best for you.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:13 PM
FitDay Member

Default Cardio

For years I have tried to become a runner. I would go for a couple weeks jogging and sprinting everyday but sort of came to resent it. It didn't help that my patience was extremely low. I think that walking is a perfectly fine alternative, that is if you are willing to do interval training. I have found that altering my speed and incline really helps me get a good workout in. The key is cardio, and that doesn't necessarily have to mean running. You could consider cycling. it is a great cardio workout and is extremely easy on the joints.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default Walking

Easter Sunday I walked for the first time in a very great while, covered about 1.5 miles ,, really felt the hills ( inclines) in my lower ab muscles !
Old 04-10-2013, 12:36 AM
Banned

foe starting walking is OK. The thing that matters is whatever you are doing is it affecting your body? A person who thinks running will help them to burn more calories but can only run for five minutes before they must stop exercising completely, will not be able to burn nearly as many calories as the person that chose a brisk walk.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:51 PM
FitDay Member

Hi, i mix both. Unfortunately i cant run for such a long period of time. But i'm working on that. I think in a space of 2 or 3 weeks, i'll be able to run

So do you have any display that can tell you the distance that you have ran? And how many calories do you have burned? Any good android application?

Thank you

excuse my english. i'm not really good with that, i know.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

I do both, but as a good start or for starters, walking is best, then we can eventually consider running. I can say walking is one of the best exercise which all of us can do without any restriction.

Last edited by sallybowens; 04-27-2013 at 01:21 AM.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:53 AM
FitDay Member

I believe is it doesn't mileage protected which is significant. Whether or not an individual stroll the idea or work it's fewer significant. Although that is a point which is contested a good deal. Once i understand a piece of writing in which states that working is actually 'more powerful, i We understand in which in order to mean that an individual pack additional vacation (more distance) right into a smaller moment. Managing is actually additional cardio (increases the necessity regarding oxygen) nevertheless a great from condition person who strolls will inhale and exhale pretty challenging to get last condition. Managing is actually additional high-impact compared to going for walks, that means an individual struck the ground pretty challenging using those people ft! This places many strain with bones, particularly when you're from condition. There exists a motive physical exercise physiologists and kinesiologists analyze working - sportsmen need to be protected and quickly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.