Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational 11/19-11/25: Thanksgiving Week; Gratitude, Not Just Food >

7 Day Motivational 11/19-11/25: Thanksgiving Week; Gratitude, Not Just Food

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational 11/19-11/25: Thanksgiving Week; Gratitude, Not Just Food

Old 11-21-2012, 10:59 AM

I've kept it under control very well today. I've made several pies, chip dip and have all kinds of snacks out and ready to go. You know how Cheez-Its are a food group for me? The box has stayed closed all day! It's killing me, but it's still sealed. I was going to opt out of making my famous chocolate chip cookies this year, but my kids put the kabash on that idea. I guess no holiday is the same without my cookies according to them. I'll try to just have 2 or 3. That will be hard! I've got a good strategy, though. We are going to make the cookies tomorrow afternoon after dinner, so they will not be sitting around all day for me to graze on. They will get mostly eaten in the evening, and then I will send some home with Tyler.

Yesterday I did not keep to my calories as well I wanted, but today I've done very well. Taking a day off from logging tomorrow, but right back at it on Friday.

I'm so excited to have all my kids under one roof tomorrow. I don't see my oldest son and his gf very often, so it's really nice when I do. Hope you all have a very nice holiday, and please be safe if you will be out driving.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52

And Mike stop blaming Tori and get out here and run!!!!
I blame her for me blaming her because she taught me how to blame so well.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:22 PM
FitDay Member

Hi,

My goal for this week...

1) Eat under 1500 calories -- except for today, since I've been invited to Thanksgiving dinner NO, BUT EATING VEGAN TODAY
2) Go back to the gym after a hiatus DID IT YESTERDAY... YEP!
3) Work on my story collection... IT'S A HOLIDAY, SO I NEED TO GET OFF MY DUFF
4) Clean my apartment (that'll burn some calories!) CLEANING MY KITCHEN TODAY
5) Eat vegan for one day THAT'S TODAY

And Cassie's right... don't go stupid with the food! Thanksgiving should be a family and friends holiday, not a food holiday... Behlor
Old 11-22-2012, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) Except for Thursday, try going easier on the carbs -yes, yes, yes
2) exercise in any form 2x -yes took a class but suffered for it in a terrible flare last night; had to take more meds, at home mellow no
3) water, 6 glasses min- 5 (I kept knocking over water; I spilled more than I drank) 6 at least, 6
4) cals, 1600 max (except Thursday)-1265, 1504, DK but under 1600
5) Plan meals -yup, yup, yup
6) Stick to plan- yup traded out an an orange for an apple and ate a few tiny cheese samples but if I don't go totally offtrack I'm calling it a win, yup good until I started cooking and "tasting"
7) Meditation - yes no yes
8) remember to be grateful every day - grateful for gym and DD coming home!!!!! MY GIRL IS HERE!!!! no; when is DD going back again?
9) stretch -yes, yes
Old 11-22-2012, 02:36 AM
FitDay Member

Plan (haha)
Breakfast
Ezkiel English muffin and Tofutti cream cheese
Lunch
egg whites and no nitrite ham and mushrooms
Dinner (OY)
hummus, guacamole and carrots and chips
3 stuffed mushrooms
turkey
homemade cranberry sauce
stuffing (small amount)
potatoes
sweet potatoes (small amount)
salad
veg
One piece of pecan pie
Can I really plan this?
Old 11-22-2012, 02:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I blame her for me blaming her because she taught me how to blame so well.
OY.

You've got this down to a science.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

happy thanksgiving everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2012, 05:09 AM
Super Moderator

w00t w00t look at peachtree and Hope checking in.

Well Tori sent me a picture of her turkey all golden brown... THIS MORNING. Well it looked so good and it was morning time, I ended up destroying some Grands cinnamon rolls. Once again, her fault!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Thanksgiving. I've got the turkey in the fryer (oilless of course). Everything else is on the stove or in the oven. I think I may snack on some adderall instead.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:55 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks to everyone for the Thanksgiving wishes. I count you all among the many blessings for which I am thankful.

My turkey is in the oven. Will be just nine of us--eating about 3:30-4:00.

Kudos to you who are doing so well today! I am only because I've been busy. Had some cantaloupe, strawberries and coffee with cream today-- and just one slice of an apple later as I was making Waldorf Salad for the family. I'm not going totally low carb today but will try, as Cassie says, to not go crazy stupid on the food.

Oh, that just reminded me of Cassie being in the house of schizophrenic food this time of year. LOL Sending special good wishes on that.

Back to the kitchen!

Hugs to all!
Old 11-23-2012, 01:17 AM
FitDay Member

Mern!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's something we can all be grateful for.

I missed you. Dont' stay away so long. It's definitely not the same without you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.