Notices

Stair Master Love

Old 10-27-2012, 05:23 PM
FitDay Member

Default Stair Master Love

Hello all, So I have been using the stair master at my gym every time I go to the gym. I stay on that thing for 1 hour and according to the reading I have burned 700 calories and I feel amazing. I find the stair master easier then the treadmill because I hate running and I feel like the stair master just pushes me further without me having to do more then move. Plus I come off that thing dripping in sweat. I just wanted to know have any of you used the stair master and how you felt about it compared to the treadmill or elliptical.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

I think the stair master is a great piece of equipment. I would encourage you to explore some alternate cardio exercises for a more balanced fitness routine. My thought is you want to be fit in a functional sort of way not just on a particular machine. Consider a stationary bike or the elliptical as either a alternative or as a replacement for part of your stair master routine. So instead of 1 hour of stair master you do 15 minutes on the bike and finish with the stair master.

I would also encourage you to include some weight training, either with free weights or machine, to your routine. Again for a more functional level of fitness and for the benefits that weight lifting can provide (like increased bone density to ward off osteoporosis and the increased muscle mass thats helps you burn more calories even when you are at rest). Beside the esthetic benefits of just looking better.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
I think the stair master is a great piece of equipment. I would encourage you to explore some alternate cardio exercises for a more balanced fitness routine. My thought is you want to be fit in a functional sort of way not just on a particular machine. Consider a stationary bike or the elliptical as either a alternative or as a replacement for part of your stair master routine. So instead of 1 hour of stair master you do 15 minutes on the bike and finish with the stair master.

I would also encourage you to include some weight training, either with free weights or machine, to your routine. Again for a more functional level of fitness and for the benefits that weight lifting can provide (like increased bone density to ward off osteoporosis and the increased muscle mass thats helps you burn more calories even when you are at rest). Beside the esthetic benefits of just looking better.
I agree with everything Ron has to say here.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:20 AM
FitDay Member

Hmmm, there's one at my gym, maybe I should check it out.

Ok, I checked it out and it was brutal. I did it for 5 min on a beginner setting and my quads were on fire- I like it.
This is it:

Last edited by sw07; 10-29-2012 at 04:44 PM.