Notices

:-) weight loss

Old 12-25-2012, 10:48 AM
FitDay Member

Kassy what has helped you? I had a complication from surgery that has made it so I can't exercise much more than a brisk walk. I'm always 5-10lbs away from the weight I feel most comfortable and healthy at but can never keep my motivation up with diet! I love carbs so darn much. Would love to hear what your words of encouragement would be and how you worked around the extra difficultly of losing weight with MS! Thank you
Old 04-09-2013, 04:08 AM
FitDay Member

I know a couple of tricks that may help you. Start by reducing calories by filling yourself up with protein, vegetables, whole grains, and replacing bad habit snacks with good ones. A good way to replace sugar could be taking a Muscle Milk lite, it has zero sugar and a ton of protein that will satiate while also torching my sugar craving.
A good trick I learned is a sprinkle of cinnamon in your morning coffee or oatmeal, the spice will help stabilize blood sugar. It also slows the rate at which food exits the stomach, which helps you feel fuller longer.

Get some vitamin C to help balance the cortisol spikes that happen when you feel stress and it also makes carnitine(a compound used by the body to turn fat into fuel), this will help you burn fat faster. Try bell peppers, kale or kiwi fruits. These have even more Vitamin C than orange juice.

Your body will still need some type of fat intake though. It’s sugar that gets you fat, not the 'fat' that you eat. Good fats include foods rich in Omega 3′s, like salmon, avocados & walnuts. These foods are full of nutrients as well.

Avoid “white” carbohydrates - bread, rice, cereal, potatoes, pasta, and fried food with breading. If you avoid eating anything white, you’ll be safe, except for within 1.5 hours of finishing a resistance-training workout of at least 20 minutes in length.

Eat the same few meals over and over again. You could mix and match from these groups of foods:
Proteins: Egg whites with one whole egg for flavor, Chicken breast or thigh, Grass-fed organic beef.
Legumes: Lentils, Black beans, Pinto beans.
Vegetables: Spinach, Asparagus, Peas, Mixed vegetables.

Don’t drink calories. Drink massive quantities of water and as much unsweetened iced tea, tea, diet sodas(no soda at all preferably), coffee (without white cream), or other no-calorie/low-calorie beverages as you like. Stay away from milk, normal soft drinks, or fruit juice. One glass of wine each evening, which I believe actually aids sports recovery and fat-loss. Theres some studies supporting that.

Hope this serves of some useful information.

God Bless

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 05-10-2013 at 03:58 AM. Reason: Contact FitDay if you would like to advertise.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:21 AM
FitDay Member

Default When to Exercise

I was reading that the timing of your exercise is very important as well. Apparently if possible it is better to exercise early in the morning to get your metabolism up to speed quickly in the day. It has worked for me. There was some other useful tips on the blog as well, although there are only a few posts so far. It is worth a read.

http://http://droppingpoundstips.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 05-09-2013, 11:54 PM
FitDay Member

If you are losing weight quickly through any supplements or weight loss pills then there is more chances of gaining the weight. So avoid such pills and opt for natural ways to lose weight which won't make you gain the lost weight again.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:15 AM
FitDay Member

Default Weight loss tips please

Hiya,

I'm joining to the conversation but I wanna lose weight. I tried weight loss programs but they didn't work. I would like to find the best solution to lose weight without regain weight. If you have weight loss tips to give me, don't hesitate to let me know!

Thanks. Claire.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:03 PM
FitDay Member

Default Diet plan

With exercise start following diet it will help you in a quick weight loss. If you start following a proper diet plan. Your weight will reduce quickly.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

According to my experience medicine for losing weight is not really a good idea, in your situation you can't exercise so its not a big deal. You can try using fresh juices of veggies and fruits just you need to avoid junk food and carbohydrates. It will give you positive and fast results
Old 05-20-2013, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks for your answers

Hi,

Thanks for your answers. I try to eat healthy, to drink water and sometimes I run, but I lose very little. I would like to find a natural and effective way to boost my weight loss. Let me know, if you have some tips.

Just, how many recipes do you take?

C.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:40 PM
FitDay Member

you can lose weight with proper diet and exercise. Losing weight is not a simple task. However there are various ways that can help you in losing weight. You should eat proper and regular diet and also manage your everyday routine.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:21 AM
FitDay Member

Red face Losing weight and giving up smoking!!! Help :/

Hi all

I'm new here and joined today. I stopped smoking 2 weeks this Friday...but am eating too much!!! Help!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.